cocheese

How i lost 16 pounds this month

And if i can do it, you can too.

Cut out the sugar.
Cut out the fast food.
Cut out anything fried.

Eat less, exercise more. It works.:P

More to go.

Skydiving was the motivation. To fall slower, be less weight in a Cessna 182, to fit in my jumpsuit.:P

Meaning: Hey i lost weight. Get off me.:P

Wow - well done :)
I lost a pile of weight when I got dumped - about 190 lb!!! :P:ph34r::ph34r:

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Good for you!

You can do ALOT by just altering your diet... I went from ordinary coca cola to pepsi max a few months back, and i keep chips and shit like that to the weekends.. And i actually feel better than i did..

as cocheese put it: Eat less, exercise more. It makes you both look and feel better;)

I stopped eating bread, pasta potatoes and lost 25 lbs in 2 months.

Eat Oatmeal for breakfast, never apologize for bacon and eggs. More greens and veggies instead of a second helping of meatloaf.

really has not been that bad. And I still eat ice cream 5 nights a week.

You go girl! er... I mean boy!

Good for you! Yeah, it's not rocket science, but it's more work than a lot of folks are willing to do!

Keep in mind that the very hardest part (and yes, I have considerable experience!) is to make it sustainable!!!

It's not about perfection, it's about persistence!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Good for you!

You can do ALOT by just altering your diet... I went from ordinary coca cola to pepsi max a few months back, and i keep chips and shit like that to the weekends.. And i actually feel better than i did..

as cocheese put it: Eat less, exercise more. It makes you both look and feel better;)

Not being funny, but a few things that help me stay trim:

1 - don't do groceries when you're hungry.. You buy all kinds of crap.
2 - don't buy any junk food when you're doing groceries.. If you don't have any junk in the house, you're a lot less likely to go out and get some.
3 - drink lots of water. Often when you think you're hungry, you're actually *thirsty*. If after a large glass of water you're not satisfied - you're probably hungry!
4 - nibble loads, but on fruit, carrots, celery, etc.
5 - this is the most painful: cut back on meat. You should eat a piece of meat NO BIGGER than your fist every day (that's just 1 chicken thigh, for example). Most people eat 3 or 4 times that.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I keep things down to only 10 items a day if possible.

A small sandwich is 3-4 items. An apple, orange, or banana is 1 item etc. And a serving size is an item.

10 items? That might be a bit too little though - you don't have to eat less - just healthier and more often. Starving yourself is not good for you either...

Oh hell no! I need cow. And lots of it. :D

I know.. It HURTS!!!

But *sometimes* I manage it!!! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

5 - this is the most painful: cut back on meat. You should eat a piece of meat NO BIGGER than your fist every day (that's just 1 chicken thigh, for example). Most people eat 3 or 4 times that.

That's about all I eat anyways, but why do you say this?

I'm trying to determine weather you have chosen this number for yourself, or do you have some data to back up this behaviour.

I'm trying to determine weather you have chosen this number for yourself, or do you have some data to back up this behaviour.

That's according to some nutritionist who came to speak to us in school. Apparently, meat is hard to digest and generally people eat *way* too much of it.

I don't know all the science-y bit behind it (I'm an accountant!!), but I have found when I fill up on green shit instead of meat (my one true love), I do feel *a lot* better for it (less sluggish, tired, cranky, etc.)

Again.. I'm not an expert. But it was said to me by a (supposed!) expert.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Just don't cut back too much on your calories, your metabolism will slow down and you'll stop losing weight.

Good job, though. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's according to some nutritionist who came to speak to us in school. Apparently, meat is hard to digest and generally people eat *way* too much of it.

I don't know all the science-y bit behind it (I'm an accountant!!), but I have found when I fill up on green shit instead of meat (my one true love), I do feel *a lot* better for it (less sluggish, tired, cranky, etc.)

Again.. I'm not an expert. But it was said to me by a (supposed!) expert.

Not to turn this into a rabbit people vs. carnivores thing, but I'm with Slenderella on this one. Since I got seriously into yoga, I've cut my mammal meat intake by 85-90%. Not only was it definite factor in my going from 187 to a stable 160lbs in 14mos -and headed for 155, but I don't even miss it anymore.
I started by cutting out beef for a week, then "rewarding" myself with a big, fat cheeseburger on Sunday. By the end of the third week, I was leaving half the thing on the plate. Now most beef pretty much tastes like salt and metal to me, and I can't fathom a good reason to eat anything from a fast food garbage hut. (Except McDonald's fries, which are laced with crack.)
After that, poultry and pig pretty much went the same way. I probably eat a piece of chicken or pork an average of once a week now, and it's usually out of necessity or politeness to someone who's cooking. But it's never bigger than a deck of cards. And at [mumblemumble] years old, I've never looked or felt better. I don't even mind that I could now stick a spare rig inside the front of my custom-tailored Tony Suit.

If there are other things that worked for me they're:
-Forget that breakfast, lunch and dinner bullsh*t. I usually eat 6-8 times a day, and rarely more than I can fit in the palm of one hand

-Forget that "most important meal of the day" crap too. It's sales propaganda perpetrated by the cereal and dairy industries. In the morning, the body is still working on eliminating the waste piled up the day before. A big breakfast may feel comforting, but it just slows you down. I rarely eat more than a banana -and at MOST a small bowl of oatmeal- until I've been up for a few hours.

-Weight training and cardio as many times a week as possible, but always in the morning, before you eat anything. (Same reason)

-WHITE IS EVIL. White bread, white rice, white pasta are replaced by brown WHENEVER possible, or flat-out avoided.

-Yoga. It improves everything, including digestion, and it's an amazing toner. Plus if it becomes a habit, it makes you think about eating healthier all the time.

-Milk sucks. I gradually stepped down from whole to fat free years ago. Now, unless it's going into a cake mix, it's strictly soy. Not only did it take a huge fat and cholesterol source away, but I actually breathe more clearly. (Yes, milk creates snot.)

-Honey instead of sugar. Always.

-One word: FEESH. I know it's no better for my karma than eating something with a face, but until I can give up dead things entirely, I'll have the seafood sampler. Of course, it's easy for me to say. Cheap, good seafood pretty much grows on the trees in Miami, but it's a reward for being single in the most superficial city in the southern U.S.
Sure, a few more pieces of tuna sushi and my mercury levels will be so high my erections will start pointing north. But you have to die from something.

Boy, that was long-winded. Congratulations on getting all the way through that.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

B| Good to hear.

Roy at Zhills told me to eat oatmeal whenever I wanted. (I happen to like it)

If you eat veggies, cereal, or oatmeal after 5pm
instead of huge meal - you will lose weight like mad.

Just don't eat the heavy stuff after 5.
It really helps.

Glad to hear about your success. Keep after it.
:)

1 - don't do groceries when you're hungry.. You buy all kinds of crap.

On the flip side, I've found that if I eat just before going to the grocery, I don't buy nearly enough, and I must go back again in less than two days.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.