katzurki

RW jumpsuits

all a question to opinion and personal preference, but I went with a bev suit and could not be happier.

If you are quite a fast faller deffinetly go with the majik cordura mega bootie modification ;) There are also afterburners for the really heavy people.

Marc

Warwick University Skydiving Club

I did not say I don't like Tony's (I have two) but Bev is just superior.

You think you are a floter. Jump with me if you want to see one! I'm 5.10 1/2 by 149 LBS.

If you are a floter you must get nylon and spandex and look like cat woman. I also wear 12 LBS of lead when I do RW.
Memento Audere Semper

I've got a couple of Tony Suits... but they're both about 5 years old, so I cannot speak for recently made ones... but I like them. Bev suits seem fine. I've heard rather polarized opinions on Michigan suits... folks either love them or loath them.

Anyway... my 2 cents on RW suits... make sure you get competion grips and also inside (leg) grips.

B|

Its not the Mfg its the material and design that help with fall rates. A competition suit will fall much faster than a polycotton suit.Figure out what you want to do with the suit and then contact the various Mfgs and see what they have to offer for your situation.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

My Tony is all Nylon/spandex. I jumped with a guy around an inch or two taller and probably had 10-20 pounds on me. He was the first person I jumped with who fell slower. I wore weight during one AFF, but that was it. I can arch hard if needed.

Its not the Mfg its the material and design that help with fall rates. A competition suit will fall much faster than a polycotton suit.Figure out what you want to do with the suit and then contact the various Mfgs and see what they have to offer for your situation.

i agree...
...and is a r/w suit what you really need? you profile has freefly and r/w in your discipline of choice. you can do r/w in a freefly suit but freefly in a r/w suit is not so easy. grippers should not be nessecary exept for in competition.
if you ask me grippers create bad habits, but make it easier.
get a suit that makes you fall easily with others then it will all be easier.

have fun. see you when i come to russia;)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Ahh, great, post a question overnight, go to sleep, and wake up to a handful of opinions. Love that!

Its not the Mfg its the material and design that help with fall rates.

Yeah, but I had the impression some manufacturers sorta specialized in slow falling suits more than the others.

...and is a r/w suit what you really need? you profile has freefly and r/w in your discipline of choice. you can do r/w in a freefly suit but freefly in a r/w suit is not so easy.

I have a great FF suit (by GarLyn) and did initial RW training with it. When I asked if I could join one of the "noobie formation" groups, I was specifically told I can't with the suit I have. Apparently the guy in charge considers grippers a sort of must..

see you when i come to russia;)

oh, absolutely! :)

I disagree, doing RW in a freefly suit is not a good idea.
There is generally too much drag on the legs with a freefly suit, and I have seen people on the outside float up and over because of this.
Recently there was a guy who did this on a 36way I was on, he was cut.

i agree...
...and is a r/w suit what you really need? you profile has freefly and r/w in your discipline of choice. you can do r/w in a freefly suit but freefly in a r/w suit is not so easy. grippers should not be nessecary exept for in competition.
if you ask me grippers create bad habits, but make it easier.
get a suit that makes you fall easily with others then it will all be easier.

have fun. see you when i come to russia;)

I spent a lot of time looking at order forms before I ordered mine. Flite suit seemed to have the most straight forward order form. Being a new jumper I ordered the basic suit. I sent it back for a minor adjustment, they made the adjustment and had it back to me very quick.

Excellent quality and great service! Flite Suit gets my vote.

I am also a fast faller.

I disagree, doing RW in a freefly suit is not a good idea.
There is generally too much drag on the legs with a freefly suit, and I have seen people on the outside float up and over because of this.
Recently there was a guy who did this on a 36way I was on, he was cut.

Ha! I've been on RW jumps with Rook Nelson who did just fine in a freefly suit. Better than many of those in RW suits, in fact.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.