virgin-burner

burial or cremation!?

well, what would you want!?

personally, i like the forest cemetaries where they bury your ashes in the roots of a tree in a urn that will rot away in a couple of weeks; that, or get my ashes sent out to as many DZ's as possible! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It depends on how I die.

If I die as I am right now, burial is fine. Next to my brother in our family plot in this beautiful Catholic cemetary.

If I go in or die in a fiery car crash on the NJ Turnpike or something like that, just cremate me, please. And give my friends some of my ashes for an ash dive over CK because that's where I finally started to feel happy and alive again... :)
I told my Dad of my wishes (which are in writing and with someone I trust) and he said, "I don't believe in that", meaning cremation. Can't even trust my own Dad to abide by my last wishes. That's fucked.

[:/]

PS - Take every organ or body part that you can for donation.

Always be kinder than you feel.

Everything donated to someone who can use it. Rest buried in a wooden casket so it will fertilize the soil. The whole idea of an air-tight, water-tight box taking up land forever is ridiculous to me. Alternately, the Viking funeral pyre drifting off to sea is kind of nice. Given current laws, though, I'll have to settle for cremation and spread me over DZ's and LZ's.

If I thought I could get away with it, I'd have my body stuffed and sat in the corner at my funeral with dark sunglasses.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

don't wanna go into the ground...
so both i and my wife prefer cremation...
we have talked about it, certainly not dwelling on it, but enough to know the wishes of each other...

If the possiblity exists for organ donation, as long as certain stipulations have been expressed and honored,, i'm ok with that...
There should still be some remaining physical components of the body which can become ash, and which is therefore,,,"dispersable". i have about 4 or 5 places where I hope "just a small sprinkling " of those ashes can occur..
geographic locations of importance to me, one example is the hometown cemetary where all 4 of my Grandparents are interred, a number of dear and cherished uncles, and where ,,,, alas,,[:/] many other family members have already chosen ( in Life) to be 'laid to rest"..
so i want some of MY spirit floating around that place,,,but NOT under the dirt...[:/]
My survivors will know the 4 or 5 other places where i'd like to see a pinch or two of ME scattered...
places of significance to me and mine...
ALL the ashes?? dispersed at ONE place,,, even if it is In the Sky....??? no. don't want that. but a small puff, into the air,,,
by those with whom i've had the absolute JOY of sharing that Air...:)P.S. that must be done WITHOUT any accompanying chant of Him him Etc etc... ( i can get with that nostalgic phrase, for a millenium jump or for another skydiving accomplishment... But i cringe... i mean CRINGE... if i hear it at a jumpers memorial service..... especially if that service is attended by NOn jumper members of the departeds' family...
( who may NOT "get " the "meaning' of the words...).
.... just the kinda guy i AM...

jt
scr scs nscr

It depends on how I die.

If I die as I am right now, burial is fine. Next to my brother in our family plot in this beautiful Catholic cemetary.

If I go in or die in a fiery car crash on the NJ Turnpike or something like that, just cremate me, please. And give my friends some of my ashes for an ash dive over CK because that's where I finally started to feel happy and alive again... :)
I told my Dad of my wishes (which are in writing and with someone I trust) and he said, "I don't believe in that", meaning cremation. Can't even trust my own Dad to abide by my last wishes. That's fucked.

[:/]

PS - Take every organ or body part that you can for donation.

Well - let us know - cuz someone is allowed to tap that just after.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Eh, your Dad's an older guy now who is steeped in a lifetime of tradition. Don't be angry at him for something like that.

What you should do is make sure he's not the/an executor of your estate, and that whoever is your executor abides by those written instructions you've signed.

I'd prefer my remains be donated to either further the medical or law enforcement sciences, or to help develop a more effective means of human remains disposal. Cremation and traditional burial are pretty toxic, so I'd like to be disposed of in a manner that doesn't have lasting negative impacts.

If you're interested in donating your remains "to science", remember there are tons of different programs to which you can make that donation (in part or in whole), but many of them require you to sign up for their specific program before your passing. So do your homework and be prepared.

donate my organs.
give my body to science or med school for research.
make me crash test dummy.
burn me when done.

This sums it up pretty good :)+1
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I've made plans to be cremated. There was a time when I would've wanted the few people at the memorial service to maybe roll a big fat one and put some of me in it. But I haven't done that sort of thing in some time so it wouldn't be the same.

I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did. Not afraid and screaming like the passengers in his cor.:)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

1) Use my freshly dead corpse for the body of a robot.

2) Donate my body to science and cremate me when finished. Do whatever you want with the ashes, though if something poetic is in mind, launch them to space or mix them into the concrete of a spaceport (should be commonplace by the time I die).
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

I'm an organ donor. After the harvesting is done, the cremation chamber is next, and my ashes spread in freefall by close friends, probably on a beach jump over the Alabama peninsula where I spent many many summer vacations while growing up. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't care... when you're dead, you're dead.... gone, buggered off, ceased to be, pusing up the daisies... kicked the fucking bucket.

Worm Food
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't care... when you're dead, you're dead.... gone, buggered off, ceased to be, pusing up the daisies... kicked the fucking bucket.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Sumthin' like that, yea.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.