LisaH

Visiting skydivers that trash the dz

How many beers is that?

Haha, I don't know, I only get to And before I have to give up. :ph34r:

Squeeze a little tighter for a finer stream.:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why? Do they do it to their own dz?

There is no need to leave your garbage all over the place, there are plenty of trash cans. Cigarette butts belong in the butt cans, not on the ground. If you use something, put it back where you got it. If you break something, let someone know. If you spill something on the packing mat, clean it up. Don't walk away like you didn't do it.

If it's not yours, don't touch it.

There is no need to piss against the wall or on the plants when the bathroom is right in front of your face.

If you stay in the bunkhouse, clean up after yourself.
Food belongs on your plate, not on the floor or furniture. When the trash can is full, empty it. It's YOUR trash. Don't set out empty beer boxes as new trash cans. Clean up the beer that exploded in the freezer and don't leave your disgusting dishes in the sink for days.

Common courtesy. It's so simple.

They're military right? It would be fun to have their commanding officer come out and do a white glove test on the place. They would be scrubbing the floor with toothbrushes.:ph34r:

Saw that this weekend. [:/]

We were having some messy fun but prior to going in to shower we were rinsing off outside with a hose. A group from another DZ decided to play too and I joined in with them as I knew a few.

Once done I tried to get them to rinse off with the hose first and they briefly did but they basically went for the showers getting dirty the whole way to the showers and the shower/bathroom itself. :(

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hi Lisa,

I can write my own name, thank you very much.

Many years ago at the Sheridan, OR dz there was a woman who hang around known as Dirty Suzie. She was the most foul-mouthed female I have ever met; and more.

One Sat night after jumping, the beer light was on. One of the regular jumpers went outside to take a leak. Dirty Suzie followed him out, took ahold of his Johnson and wrote her name.

A year or so later, the DZO Ted Mayfield was getting sued by a student who broke their leg.

Ted's attorney called this local jumper as a character witness ( the local jumper had a white-collar job, was married with one child, paid his bills on time, etc, etc ). After Ted's attorney finished with the local jumper, the student's attorney brought up the little incident about Dirty Suzie playing with his Johnson. His wife was in the courtroom that day. Surprise Surprise.

I think he slept out with the dog that night. :P

Sometimes the things you do actually come back to bite you in the a**. :S

JerryBaumchen

PS) It was Pogo who said, 'I have found the enemy and it is us.'

In the defense of Lisa,

I think she meant that she can write her name using her own ink. She doesn't need to use someone elses pen.

But it's kind of sad that in a court case about a broken leg, an act of a different person performed a year earlier with a person unrelated to the broken leg even was brought up in the court room to insult and discredit the DZO.

Re: college kids... here to get their A....

the answer is right there..
in one word.

KIDS...

far tooo many have been raised with the emphasis on the wrong things..

I do believe in building self esteem,,, but that is NOT done by praising every tiny behavior,, as if it has never been done before..
self esteem is the residual of proper conduct, use of good manners, and a SHOCKING concept,, that the child in question, is NOT the center of the universe,,, though many mommys and daddys today.. fail to "get it". Self esteem is created from Accomplishment and is earned,,, it is not 'bestowed'....

hate to say it, but except in rare situations, kids today are not nearly as polite,,,, as earlier generations were raised to be.. Sure Sure,,,If they are in a circumstance where their parents are Present, the behavior could be better, but cut them loose from such parental oversight, and Bad behavior sometimes seems to be the "in " thing to do.. sort of like 'shock reality'... who can be worse??/

Bring that to a DZ,,,, and you could wear out your welcome,, quite quickly.

My response.... "Good riddance"

jmy

I do believe in building self esteem,,, but that is NOT done by praising every tiny behavior,, as if it has never been done before..
self esteem is the residual of proper conduct, use of good manners, and a SHOCKING concept,, that the child in question, is NOT the center of the universe,,, though many mommys and daddys today.. fail to "get it". Self esteem is created from Accomplishment and is earned,,, it is not 'bestowed'....

100% agree with what you say, but to add that the public schools are some of the worst promoters of this. No matter what little Johnny does, he'll get an award so we don't hurt his self esteem. Also to say that a lot of kids are being raised by parents with their heads on straight. Not everyone has bought into the self-esteem train.:S:D

I've been told our kids are pretty cool. Valinda is the one that knows the most about parenting.

100% agree with what you say, but to add that the public schools are some of the worst promoters of this. No matter what little Johnny does, he'll get an award so we don't hurt his self esteem. Also to say that a lot of kids are being raised by parents with their heads on straight. Not everyone has bought into the self-esteem train.:S:D

I've been told our kids are pretty cool. Valinda is the one that knows the most about parenting.

You two hit the nail on the head! Could not have said it better my self:)
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

But good parenting also doesn't consist of only pointing out the bad behaviors.
"Catch them in the act of doing something right." It's actually pretty well known (i.e. lots of experiments confirm) that an irregularly-rewarded activity is very likely to be repeated.

Gotta get it at both ends -- they have to know what's right so they can know where to aim, and have to know what's wrong so they can know what to avoid. Neither comes naturally.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But good parenting also doesn't consist of only pointing out the bad behaviors.

Absolutely.:)

Absolutely. Give them tough love if they need it. My girls know that I love them very much, but I will discipline them when they need it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ah....

This topic is a never ending battle.

While I am no saint and I am very absent minded, I to tend to leave a mess. However when I stay at a dz I make an effort to clean it up after the night is done. If anyone at the farm asks me to help clean up the farm I'm down.

Just call me juanita

I worked ground crew this year at summerfest and I never get upset that people leave their crap everywhere. Sdc and the staff realize that people are going to throw stuff around everywhere so they hired additional staff for the event and to ensure that everthing is running smoothly.

I've been on both ends....and the only issues I have is when people vandilize, steal, or poop outside of the toilet.

I'm gonna find you shower pooper!
Best Girl Scout Ever.

You two hit the nail on the head! Could not have said it better my self:)

I used to tell my teams "There ain't no trophy for second place at this level".

As for the the trashers; Them-Them-Fuck Them!
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

...While I am no saint and I am very absent minded, I to tend to leave a mess.

I seem to remember one notable one that sent Rigger Ryan off on a berserker his last night here.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239