futuredivot

If your kid is

Screaming in a restaurant-it is annoying the other patrons. Take them the fuck outside. Immediately.

when my oldest son was 2 or 3, i removed him from a restaurant and some asshole called the police. fortunately several patrons told the cops that i left with a pissed off ill-behaved devil child and returned with a happy, well-mannered little boy. i did nothing wrong, but still from then on i never removed my children from restaurants again. it's too bad that the rest of you have to put up with poorly behaved children because some holier-than-thou nosy motherfuckers have made it that the rest of us can't discipline our children in public.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I agree 100 percent. When I first received custody of my brother(he was 4 and he had a lot of issues). He would throw screaming/hitting fits in a store and I would pick him up like luggage and leave. I had looks from other people like I was the worst person in the world but all I thought was getting him out of there to calm him down.

I understand kids might have issues but there is a point parents need to be parents and do what is right by leaving the area with an upset kid.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

That is my wifes biggest worry. If someone looks at me telling my kid how to act, then she says something to me. I will loudly say " If they dont like how i punish my kids then they can call the cop's or cps and Ill tell them its none of there business" or ill say "can i help you?" while looking at them. No one has and buis. telling me how to raise my kids cause i dont beat them so fuck off!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Part of being a parent is dealing with your toddler screaming in public. If it's in a store or something, and you don't feel like taking him out, other people will simply have to deal with it. But that phase of (your!) life also means that sometimes you miss out on taking your kid to a restaurant too often for a couple years. Other people in restaurants may not have the right to library decorum, but they do have the right to enjoy their meal in some basic peace. If your child his having a screaming tantrum in a restaurant, it's extremely inconsiderate to the other customers not take him out until he settles down.

Part of being a parent is dealing with your toddler screaming in public. If it's in a store or something, and you don't feel like taking him out, other people will simply have to deal with it. But that phase of (your!) life also means that sometimes you miss out on taking your kid to a restaurant too often for a couple years. Other people in restaurants may not have the right to library decorum, but they do have the right to enjoy their meal in some basic peace. If your child his having a screaming tantrum in a restaurant, it's extremely inconsiderate to the other customers not take him out until he settles down.

Exactly! It took almost two-three yrs after I had custody of my brother to go somewhere without him throwing a fit.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I thought this kind of thing was an unspoken law, or something. :)

Take them the fuck outside. Immediately.

And do what?

Take them home. That's what Vskydiver did once with each one of our kids, part of the growing up process. When they found out that tantrums call a halt to all the fun stuff, they knocked it off pretty quickly. My kids aren't perfect, but they sure were easy to take places.:)
A lot of the corporal punishment you see is the result of parental frustration, not necessity. Although I don't think it's wrong, per se, I just see parents using it and then being inconsistent.

Screaming in a restaurant-it is annoying the other patrons. Take them the fuck outside. Immediately.

Don't worry. I may be fucking deaf, but I know when my older girl acts up. I won't tolerate it in public, much less a restaurant. She's 3 1/2 now and has hardly been a problem the last year or so. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ooooo that irratates me. I really did not have that problem with my son. Tho the one time he pitched a fit in the grocery store I picked him up carrying him like he just pee'd all over himself (arms out) to the car, put him in and buckled the car seat, shut the door, stood outside the car, where he knew I was there but could not truly see me, and waited while my ex finished shopping. He never, ever pitched a fit after that. Not one word had to be said, no yelling, nothing, he learned quick. But overall he was a good tot.
You create life, life does not create you.

I've been known to deal with other people's children in front of them. If they aren't embarassed by their lack of parenting skills, I refuse to be embarassed by being an adult. I give them first shot. Then, the Universal Parent mode kicks in. I've actually had complete strangers ask me to deal with their child.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I've been known to deal with other people's children in front of them. If they aren't embarassed by their lack of parenting skills, I refuse to be embarassed by being an adult. I give them first shot. Then, the Universal Parent mode kicks in. I've actually had complete strangers ask me to deal with their child.

Can you give me some tips? I work at a thrift shop and holy crap parents just dont give a shit anymore it seems. I do withhold lollipops from bratty children, but if theres more I can do Id love to know. Screaming children whose parents dont care gets on my nerves like nothing else. I did ask one family to leave because the mother wouldnt make her child stop spitting on the floor last week. :|

I don't have my own, but I've been around enough to know it doesn't take much to calm a child down (even working with mentally disabled kids)... if the parents can't do it - REVOKE THE FUCKING LICENSE!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Once the parents have ignored the child, I direct the child as if there were no parents and I expect the child to obey. I presume the parents have abrogated their rights. The child usually recognizes that I think I am in charge and then obeys or retreats to a parent. I don't hide my actions from the parents. I hope they hear and are embarassed enough to deal with the child. Too often, they just thank me.:S

In your case, I would direct the child to stop the offending behavior. If the child refused to obey, I would tell the child that he / she will be put out of the store upon another offense. Again, if the parents haven't dealt with the issue, they have given up their right to be consulted. If the child has to be told to leave, the parents can choose to go with the child or not.

With very small children, I have squatted down to get on their level to talk. I look them right in the eye as I talk to them. It seems to really get their attention when a complete stranger does this.

Generally, I find children run wild because they have determined that their will is stronger than their parents'. I have had children that ignore their parents obey me readily.

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I don't have my own, but I've been around enough to know it doesn't take much to calm a child down (even working with mentally disabled kids)... if the parents can't do it - REVOKE THE FUCKING LICENSE!

g

Before my brother was diagnosed and started on medication it would take 2hrs or more to calm him down. It isnt as easy as it seems to calm a kid with issues down. That is why I would just pick him up and leave no matter where I was.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Hey D,

I understand the difficulties... I worked with mentally and physically disabled kids for years. I completely agree, when they throw tantrums it is a chore (trust me I've been punched & head butted in the face). What's important is how people deal with it. Too often you see parents either a) try to ignore it and hope it goes away, or b) over react.

Taking control of the situation (like you do by removing the child from the environment), letting the child know who is in charge, what the boundaries are, what the repercussions will be, and being consistent about it.

It disturbs me that people can breed at will, yet have to have a license to do anything else. Some people are just not meant to be parents.

It's refreshing to see a parent who will stop, engage, and resolve the issues with their child. I give mad kudos to that parent!

edited to add for Cornholio - I do have a 16 yo step-son. :ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

This thread is pretty damn funny.

The bottom line is - if you don't have kids of your own...STFU!

You don't know or realize what it's like to be a parent. You may think you do - but you have no clue.

I used to think the same thing when I was childless. "Shut that fucking kid up or...."

Have a child..or two... you'll think differently - guaranteed.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump