SarahC07

Tree or No Tree?

Okay folks, I live alone.

Should I put up a Christmas tree?

Note: I live in the same city as my folks and my younger brother... I know my parents will have a tree.

I need convincing and logical arguments for either vote. I'm about 70/30 on No Tree / Tree.

While married we would put up a tree. Now single again I have a little tin tree (with built-in lights) that I use every year. Nice and no mess to clean up after the holidays.

This year, however, I located our old fake tree in the attic. Forgot it was even there! Put it together tonight and it sure looks nice. Now to get a little pine scented air freshener plug-in. :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I haven't really celebrated christmas with family in about 5 years. I usually spend it with friends or roomates.
The last few years I have been putting up a tree but its a bit different. I put up a tree and decorate it thru out december by hanging empty beer cans on it. Buy a different brand of beer every week so I have different colored cans. Then instead of presents I put bottles of liquor under the tree. The BEERMAS tree;)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Do you get into the spirit of Christmas?
Do you like being able to sit and look at the lights and decorations?
Do you already have all the stuff or do you have to buy a tree? Do you have the money?
Are you just saying no because you're not in the mood? Maybe it'll put you in the mood!
What's the reason you don't want to do it? It's not really that much of a hassle. Just put on some Christmas tunes, drink some eggnog and have fun with it! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I live alone too, yet i did my lights... After completing them, I realized I was the only one who would ever see them.. Well..Only the inside.. All the neighborhood kids can see the outside ones..

But do what makes you happy. I enjoyed putting up the ones outside, because it gave me a challange. I have never done it before, and went full steam ahead.. Here are some pics from the house and the tree..

Oh.. BTW, I did the house and tree all bymyself!!!!
The house i did in one day. Bymyself.. While it was raning off and on, sprinkiling most of the day.

:)

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

When I was young, I thought fake trees were a cop out. Now I don't see why you would chop down a whole tree so it can sit in your living room and die.

I you do decide that a tree will make you feel Christmassy, try one of these. (Or these.) They smell great, don't die (as long as you water them), and don't require you to rearrange your furniture (which makes it easier to say, "Yes!" to having the tree at all). Or try an inexpensive fake one and some pine scented spray.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

Ive got good insurance :o;):D

No... really.. The house and tree... was just a pissing contest. Tis why i did it in the rain too...

Story behind that is ~~~> I was supposed to help out my buddy on a saturday morning lite his house up. It was going to be an ubsurd amount of lights, and we even got a generator! Well.. It was sprinkaling that saturday, and had rained the day before. So none of the other guys wanted to hang the lights, and my freind said you cant do it in the rain!! Im not a big fan of people telling me something cant be done, when I know it can... So I went to Lowes, and bought all the Christmas lights you see!! And put them ALL up that saturday by myself!

My freind still doesnt have lights up.. and probably wont this year..
:P

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Thanks!

That tree is BEFORE i put on the extra 600.. ( the top part wasnt as lit as i wanted!)

:D:D

So basically youre trying to burn your house down :P

Mythbusters tried that a few years ago & couldn't do it. :|

So, you gonna accept the challenge? :P
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Do what feels best for you. I once did not put a tree up because I did not want to hassle with it. Then I regreted not even doing a little bit.
I have done a tree since. You don't have to go big just something nice and simple for yourself is good. If you do a small fake one, just get a candle that has that christmassy smells to it.
You create life, life does not create you.

Okay folks, I live alone.

Should I put up a Christmas tree?

Note: I live in the same city as my folks and my younger brother... I know my parents will have a tree.

I need convincing and logical arguments for either vote. I'm about 70/30 on No Tree / Tree.

Sure. Get one about 3 feet tall that is still alive and can be used again next Cristmas and then left outside the rest of the year.

Of course - you might need to get a new one every 3-5 years or so, it would keep growing, and it is nice when you can plant it somewhere as a donation . . . but the up side is that you don't need a truckload of ornaments and lights for it either.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's what I used to do many moons ago. Until one year, I was getting ready to bring the tree inside when I found one big humongus spider staring at me. We were having a staring contest until it moved towards me....I did my mile relay in 2 seconds. That was the end of that!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

It's a good thing I didn't point out the spiders above your bed in the bunkhouse. :ph34r:

They were not spiders!

Don't freak the girl out - she seems nice enough - and spiders kill other bugs that you wouldn't want near you either.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun