virgin-burner

the useless (but educational) trivia thread

The term " Blowing smoke up my ass" came from the seventeen hundreds, It was a method of determining if a person was dead. Tobacco smoke was pushed through a device up a persons rectum to see if they would revive, in fact it was used on Stonewall Jackson during the Civil war.
:D

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

About 98% of Antarctica is covered by the Antarctic ice sheet, a sheet of ice averaging at least 1.6 km (1.0 mi) thick. The continent has about 90% of the world's ice (and thereby about 70% of the world's fresh water). If all of this ice were melted, sea levels would rise about 60 m (200 ft).
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

About 98% of Antarctica is covered by the Antarctic ice sheet, a sheet of ice averaging at least 1.6 km (1.0 mi) thick. The continent has about 90% of the world's ice (and thereby about 70% of the world's fresh water). If all of this ice were melted, sea levels would rise about 60 m (200 ft).

And maybe 80% of the world's population would be fucked. :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

President U. S. Grant was named Hiram Ulysses Grant. His Congressman erroneously nominated him to West Point as Ulysses S. Grant. He was unable to convince West Point to change his name back.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The term " Blowing smoke up my ass" came from the seventeen hundreds, It was a method of determining if a person was dead. Tobacco smoke was pushed through a device up a persons rectum to see if they would revive, in fact it was used on Stonewall Jackson during the Civil war.

Also, the phrase 'Saved by the Bell' originates from reviving the dead. They used to tie a bell onto the dead person's finger with a string that was placed outside of the closed coffin. If the bell sounded anytime before the burial, it was because the person inside was still alive and moving. Hence the term' 'Saved by the Bell':)
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

And maybe 80% of the world's population would be fucked. :o

I think 80% is fucked regardless...
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Relative worth of things per lb in dollars:

Gold.................. +$18,000

Palladium........... $428

Chap stick........... $348

Turkey feathers......$28

Five dollar bills.......$2,268

Uranium(oxide).......$65

Printer ink..............$322

Human blood..........$181

LSD......................$55mil

Antimatter..............$26Quadrillion
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Blink 182 was named after the number of times the word fuck was used in the film Scarface.

That movie is about 3 hrs long. 180 minuetw. I think that there were a lot more "fuck"s in it than that. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Blink 182 was named after the number of times the word fuck was used in the film Scarface.

That movie is about 3 hrs long. 180 minuetw. I think that there were a lot more "fuck"s in it than that. :)

BLINK 182 - Blink 182 supposedly has NO meaning at all but the band fosters stories on origins. Sample: used to be just "Blink" but was threatened by a lawsuit from a little known Irish band with the same name, so they added the 182 which is the number of times the f-word was said in one of the members favorite movies. http://library.thinkquest.org/4626/rock.htm

Doesn't prove it's true...I'm just sayin' ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Also, the phrase 'Saved by the Bell' originates from reviving the dead. They used to tie a bell onto the dead person's finger with a string that was placed outside of the closed coffin. If the bell sounded anytime before the burial, it was because the person inside was still alive and moving. Hence the term' 'Saved by the Bell':)

Also, following on this one, a person would patrol the graveyard to listen for the bells. This is where we get the experssion "the graveyard shift".