Shell666

I said goodbye to my little buddy ....

Sorry, Shell. My Shiba Inu is 13, getting frail, and I am dreading the day. My dogs are such a big part of my life. Thanks for giving Herc such a great home and lots of love.

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my big white baby.

As hard as it was, it was the right thing to do. It was his time.

It's been a rough month in my office for pets.

One of my colleagues had to put two of her dogs down within a few weeks (one was 8, the other was 12) and my other colleague's parents had to put down their family dog on Monday (he was 13).

But all four of them are together now. Running and playing. :)
Hug your pets tonight. And every night. :)

'Shell

So sorry! :( It's never easy but it is somewhat comforting to know Herc's running and playing again just like when he was a puppy - no pain, no suffering... just endless play days. :)

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart really goes out to you. I know your pain personally, and it's not good. I had to put my "Bear Dog" down some years ago, I'm still not over it. We had him 19 almost 20 years. Maybe Herc & Bear can chase rabbits now in the animal heaven I know exists for special pets. You did everything I did to try and help Herc that I did to help Bear. In the end it was my fault because I tried to keep him too long, but I loved him so much, I set him free. My wishes for your speedy recovery from the grief I know you feel. It gets better with time. Take care of yourself, God Bless.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart really goes out to you. I know your pain personally, and it's not good. I had to put my "Bear Dog" down some years ago, I'm still not over it. We had him 19 almost 20 years. Maybe Herc & Bear can chase rabbits now in the animal heaven I know exists for special pets. You did everything I did to try and help Herc that I did to help Bear. In the end it was my fault because I tried to keep him too long, but I loved him so much, I set him free. My wishes for your speedy recovery from the grief I know you feel. It gets better with time. Take care of yourself, God Bless.

Thank you so much. Yes, Herc and Bear are running around having a great time!

Special pets leave paw prints on our hearts. I'll keep that paw print there forever.

:)
'Shell

Special pets leave paw prints on our hearts. I'll keep that paw print there forever.

That they do..............That they do. Bear's registered name was "Wieder's First Class Chauncey Bear" He was an Australian Shephard. To this day our dogs are named with a Bear at the end in honor of Chauncy Bear. We still carry Bear's memory on our sleeves, because we know he will live forever, along W/ Herc.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

That they do..............That they do. Bear's registered name was "Wieder's First Class Chauncey Bear" He was an Australian Shephard. To this day our dogs are named with a Bear at the end in honor of Chauncy Bear. We still carry Bear's memory on our sleeves, because we know he will live forever, along W/ Herc.

Nice tribute to your wonderful dog. He'll always be there with you.

:)
'Shell

Seeing the pic, and reading this made us cry. We lost both of our babies (boxers) last year, and my old buddy, a border collie...our whole pack. Our white boxer Spike (10)to an insilinoma tumor, Daisy (8) our fawn to a heart attack, and good old clyde to old age, 15. Boxers are very different than other dogs, they act human. No, not just cause I like them, they do. My border collie mix was my best friend, but, he was a border collie in all aspects.

You did the right thing, you kept him from hurting, and loved him all his life. You are strong, and he is lucky to have had you as a friend and keeper. It is so hard for me to type this. [:/]

i added a pic of our pack that has move on...

Seeing the pic, and reading this made us cry. We lost both of our babies (boxers) last year, and my old buddy, a border collie...our whole pack. Our white boxer Spike (10)to an insilinoma tumor, Daisy (8) our fawn to a heart attack, and good old clyde to old age, 15. Boxers are very different than other dogs, they act human. No, not just cause I like them, they do. My border collie mix was my best friend, but, he was a border collie in all aspects.

You did the right thing, you kept him from hurting, and loved him all his life. You are strong, and he is lucky to have had you as a friend and keeper. It is so hard for me to type this. [:/]

i added a pic of our pack that has move on...

I'm SO sorry for your loss. Losing one is hard enough but all of them. My hugs are being sent right now.

And yes, boxers are so people-like it's crazy. And as much as I'll miss my big white cat, it was the right choice.

I still have Bug and will find the right brother to take care of her.

She's my little doll.

Know that Spike, Daisy, Clyde and Herc are all hanging out waiting for us. And they're happy.

Hugs to you and your family. :)
'Shell

so after the boxers went...the house was quiet, clyde just lying around. so we went and saved some boxer pups. they were at a breeders house, but no one wanted them due to the scar on Sunny head, and Sky (the brindle) had a nose problem (an easy fix with some nip and tuck surgery). They kept Clyde company. And on the night before he passed, they all ate together, and went out to the grass to roll on their backs, as Clyde did with Spike and Daisy. We call it the after dinner roll.

so after the boxers went...the house was quiet, clyde just lying around. so we went and saved some boxer pups. they were at a breeders house, but no one wanted them due to the scar on Sunny head, and Sky (the brindle) had a nose problem (an easy fix with some nip and tuck surgery). They kept Clyde company. And on the night before he passed, they all ate together, and went out to the grass to roll on their backs, as Clyde did with Spike and Daisy. We call it the after dinner roll.

After dinner roll! LOVE it!!! :D:D:D

BTW, are you on MLB??? That picture looks SO familiar.
'Shell

Must make it that much harder that he seemed healthy just a week ago. [:/]

Yep, but on the other hand it's good to know that he was happy and lively until the last few days. Awful to see a pet (or of course a person) suffering through a long decline.

Sorry to hear your news, Shell. His picture made me smile. :)

After dinner roll! LOVE it!!! :D:D:D

BTW, are you on MLB??? That picture looks SO familiar.

i had posted it in another thread, "post your recent pics." I am on FB, not sure what MLB is.

I will chose almost any dog, over almost all people. I miss my ol buddies who have gone on to wait for me. You did the right thing, hard as it was.

Yes, I did. And today, there was a knock on the door.

Some friends in VA sent Bug and I a BEAUTIFUL bouquet.

How sweet of them to think of us and Herc.

I think Bug likes it! :)
'Shell