SpeedRacer

Help Identify these snakes

I didn't take the picture, so I don't know how they smell.

BTW, the Black Kingsnake in Indiana is supposed to have spots of yellow/white along its side. The predator snake in the photo seems to be all black on the side, with a white chin, like a Racer.

Black Kingsnake:

http://herpcenter.ipfw.edu/index.htm?http://herpcenter.ipfw.edu/outreach/INSnakeList.htm&2
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

do they smell very musky? That's sometimes a sign that they are poisonous.

I think that if you get close enough to smell them you're gonna find out if they're poisonous or not. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Identification: It doesn't have shoulders.
Response: It dies.
Rule: If you kill it; you have to eat it.

I am good with that.. deep fried snake steaks are yummy:ph34r:

I'm starting to like you...
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Yes an Indigo has a bluish purple hue, hence the name.

Anyone here ever catch a Massasauga?

Little bastards and very dangerous if you rile them up.

The smaller they are the worse they are.

I found one on a cold day down on the Cal Sag, it was really docile until it got warmed up in the truck and the idiot I was working with (WI graduate) thought I was full of shit and it was some harmless species.

I guess spending his days in the woods being a dork who could not sneak his way up on a log, did not afford him an opportunity to learn anything about our native species.

I came back out after getting coffee and the idiot was writhing in pain and holding his dominant hand like he was going to die.

So I had to waste the rest of the damned day taking his sorry ass to the hospital.

The doctor asked what kind of snake, I told him.

He asked if I was sure, I said hell I have it in a bucket you wanna doubt me too?:|

Why do people who know nothing about snakes and have the reflexes of a cadaver try to mess with snake.

That snake minding his own business in a bucket until he was warmed up and could be released in a better spot.

I guess it was the snakes fault huh?:S

down here in florida we have a snake that looks very similar to the black one everyone is calling a racer. it has a slight purple hue to it, and it is a preditorial snake called an "indigo"

they are similar, but the indigo is usually quite a bit bigger. Consider yourself lucky if you see one. The are state listed in Florida and are mostly found in well managed long leaf pine forests. We used to come across them while doing gopher tortoise surveys after prescribed fires. A pretty cool snake n
Killing threads since 2004.

yeah man i work at an airport in south florida, we have allot of protected land, and allot of snakes, there are a few indigos around, i think they are one of the coolest snakes ive seen, and they definatly eat other snakes!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121