katzurki

What do you make of this?

Paradactyl, it was talked about on here a few weeks to a month ago.

Far as I remember, Dactyl is a single skin canopy, this one here has top skin and bottom skin.

Manufacturer info on the canopy:

Accuracy canopy,
Ram-air,
15 cells,
Inlets 75% closed,
About 220 sqft,
Claimed to be stable even in very deep brakes as opposed to other accuracy canopies

Take a look at the attachment.

Okay, where did you find the photo?

If you must ask...

It's scattered on several (Russian) sites, but I can't find who the manufacturer is. I did find evidence that this is a prototype.

http://www.yandex.ru/yandsearch?rpt=rad&text=%E1%E5%F0%EA%F3%F2-20+%EF%E0%F0%E0%F8%FE%F2

The first five links lead to various (Russian) sites, describing the canopy identically (each more identical than the last :P). This is the only photo available.

I believe that it is a Russian (Soviet)-designed reserve. I was in Poland 7 years ago and it was very popular where I was at; they considered it VERY stable canopy. I think it was called a TOKLA or something like that. I think it means some type of bird.
I do know it is not a Dactyl.

It appears that the outer cells are pressurized only though the cross-ports.

I wonder how fast it turns...

Claimed turn rate is 5 seconds for a 360-degree turn...

Its name means something to the extent of "Golden Eagle". I wonder how far it swoops!

I believe that it is a Russian (Soviet)-designed reserve. I was in Poland 7 years ago and it was very popular where I was at; they considered it VERY stable canopy. I think it was called a TOKLA or something like that. I think it means some type of bird.
I do know it is not a Dactyl.

You are confusing it with TALKA (DELTA PZ-81) reserve. It was a single skin, non ram-air canopy. I have one reserve ride on it... There is no freebag, reserve is "freepacked". Very light toogle pressure, not too hard landing for non ram-air canopy. The reserve PC was connected to the the "cross-connector only" no-fabric-slider to slow the deployment process

Paradactyl, it was talked about on here a few weeks to a month ago.

Not a dactyl dude, it's Russian. Don't know the name of though, riggerrob might.

Mick.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry,

But I do not know the name of this Russian, triangular, ram-air canopy.
You will have to ask a Russian.

I do know that the pale blue canopy pictured is not a Russian reserve, Paradactyl or Delta II. All those canopies are single-surface Rogallos, that look and fly like 1970s-vintage hang-gliders.
I have jumped Delta II and Paradactyl. I enjoyed the Paradactyl because it flew as well as early squares and packed TINY.
The Delta II was not half as much fun. Three out of four openings hurt! I still have a Delta II in my closet and will try it with a slider when I find some spare time.
Hee!
Hee!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Russian Rogallo reserve for cheap?

I found out some information about this canopy. I got a hold of the manufacturer and the translated name is Golden Eagle.

They said it is strange looking, LOL, and that is has a really soft opening. The one in the picture is an experimental model that was never really produced. It was made to be more stable for accuracy than the Para-Foil. They said that it was pretty promising for that.

That is all the information I got about it. The information that they gave was in pretty bad english so I wasn't able to make sense of all of it. Unfortunately, for those gear collectors out there, what you see in the picture is pretty much all there was made.