skittles_of_SDC

Why can't I pop a woman in the mouth?

:|

It is not about you...get over it.

I can cite other things that would prove otherwise, unfortunately sqeauk cannot figure that out on his own.

He is intent on proving something, only he does not know what it is.

Sure it is...see you directly pointed to me, in your last post, and several before..
So come mate, cite and i will read:)Go on be a sport, enlighten me. I'm capable of humility, in fact i am proud of my humility:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sorry, had to close it out before watching it. I hate Sarah Silverman with a passion. All women comedians are unfunny but she is the worst. I'm so not happy that they are combining her show with Dimitri Martin's show. >:(

Start at 1:22. You'll like it. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I am wondering why nobody has mentioned the obvious here.
Jerry Springer!

Jeez. Women get in brawls on every single show.
It is expected.

Another great source? Cheaters.
Women go after each other all the time.

The interesting part of these shows is that there are
two sets of rules.
When a woman is talking to a man on either of these shows,
it is no-holds-barred. They expect to say whatever they want.
When a woman yells at a woman, there are lines that they
don't cross because the other woman will smack them.

Basically, it is somehow acceptable to have no boundaries
on content when yelling at a man because it is a taboo for
him to react.

That said, I used to work at a hospital. Each month, the
surgeons were called in because men got into a bare-knuckle brawl.
Many times, when adult men hit, facial bones break.

Bascially, people need to quit hitting people.
People need to quit having an expectation that they
can do whatever they want without consequences.

That said, I used to work at a hospital. Each month, the
surgeons were called in because men got into a bare-knuckle brawl.
Many times, when adult men hit, facial bones break.

Bascially, people need to quit hitting people.
People need to quit having an expectation that they
can do whatever they want without consequences.

That's my point in referencing the Jersey Shore incident. Other posters have pointed this out as well. Punching people is a bad idea. People get hurt, and there can be serious legal consequences. No one wants a battery conviction following them around for the rest of their lives. The a-hole who did that on Jersey Shore ended up losing his job on top of the arrest.

Don't ask why I'm watching Jersey Shore. I'm not sure myself. I just can't seem to stop. B|

Wow, what a thread. Absolutely you treat a woman the same as a man in this case.

You don't hit women, AND you don't hit men either.

When defending yourself against an attack by either, you either leave if you can, or you fight back with the minimum damage you can provide while still protecting yourself or others.

I'm more amazed at the 'tough guys' :S here talking about how they resort to violence for 'words'.

I'm less amazed at statement of how they'd defend another, I would also (as described above) - but surprised at how they get emotional about it and the implication that they'd do more than the minimum necessary to diffuse the situation.

Anyone that can't control themselves needs to learn to walk/run away for all situations. Or learn a martial art to a degree of proficiency that they can reduce their insecurity to the extent that they'll learn self control in situations of personal conflict. Even more important for those bigger and stronger than most.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you don't stay and fight but run away who's to say they don't chase you? What if your only option is to knock them out cold so you have enough time to get a head start that they cant make up?

read the post --- "or you fight back with the minimum damage you can provide while still protecting yourself or others" so you state "only option" is to fight---then you fight

I think one is required to stop attacks, not take retribution or "lose it" like idiots like to think is so cool.

The stronger/more skilled you are, the less damage you should "have" to inflict than someone less capable.

I think staying and stopping someone should also have the consideration that, "If I run, could they harm another in my absense" - one might have to stay to protect others even if one could personnaly bail.

but a lot of these scenarios is about responding to verbal abuse with physicallity. That's just cowardly and shameful.

Edit: notice that nowhere here do I differentiate by gender. Though I do credit two things that lead to our 'normal' morals on it. 1 - we have obligation to protect others less capable, 2 - we do the minimum we can to stay in control of the situation. That said, there are likely more men than women that are less able to protect themselves, but that isn't a blanket statement about how to treat all men or all women.

here's an old quote I'll mangle here
"Do not hurt, where holding is enough
Do not wound, where hurting is enough
Do not maim, where wounding is enough
Kill not, where maiming is enough

the greatest warrior is one that never has to kill"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you have the nerve to pop a girl in her mouth, then you have to have the nerve to stand in front of her father and tell him why you just hurt his baby girl. Now, in my case my dad is a 6'5" Marine. I'd like to see that, actually. The entertainment value would take away any pain in my jaw.

Your dad isn't going to be alive forever. Maybe you get hit in the mouth after he's dead. Your plan seems poorly thought out.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

"Do not hurt, where holding is enough
Do not wound, where hurting is enough
Do not maim, where wounding is enough
Kill not, where maiming is enough

the greatest warrior is one that never has to kill"

Your wedding ring wouldn't happen to be white gold, would it? ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Or learn a martial art to a degree of proficiency that they can reduce their
>insecurity to the extent that they'll learn self control in situations of
>personal conflict.

That is a really good point. That (and the situational instincts you get from sparring) are probably the two biggest factors in martial arts training that prepare you for dealing with violence in the real world.

Many people have the misconception that martial arts training helps you in fighting because you get all these mad skillz (like breaking boards, roundhouse kicks and the Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart technique) - but I think that's less of an issue than the simple ability to think under pressure when someone else is applying that pressure.

The first time I got kicked in the face during sparring it stunned me for about five seconds both because it REALLY hurt and it was unexpected (the person I was sparring with was usually much better than that.) He stopped as well, but I really would have been a sitting duck for that time while I recovered. When it happened again I dealt with it a lot better; I was better at ignoring the shock and pain because it wasn't completely unexpected any more.

And as you mention, reduction of insecurity is a big one too. Knowing what can happen, and being prepared for a fight, can reduce your stress/adrenalin levels to the point where you make better decisions.

===========

Old story:

New brown belt gets in a subway car and hears an altercation. A drunk kid is yelling at a little old man, threatening him and insulting him. The old man just stands there, not defending himself at all. Brown belt thinks "this is what I trained for!" and starts pushing his way through the crowd, meaning to disable the drunk kid.

As he gets closer he hears the old man talking to him, asking him what's wrong. At first the kid keeps insulting him and pushing him, then finally he breaks down. "My wife left me and I lost my job, and now I can't even afford my rent! I'm going to be out on the street!" The old man starts talking quietly to the kid, who starts sobbing.

As brown belt reaches the old man he recognizes him suddenly - it's his master from the dojo! The brown belt is surprised. "You could have taken him down easily! Why didn't you stop him?"

"I did," said the master.

============

While not everyone would agree it's socially acceptable to pop someone in the mouth for talking shit, a lot of guys would agree it's ok to pop another guy in the jaw.

It's not acceptable to pop anyone in the mouth for talking shit. Period, end of story, doesn't matter if they are a pointer or a sitter.

Until that day comes it's not really equality is it...

You're right. Until everybody out there realizes that it's not okay to beat on other people, none of us can possibly be equal, can we?

>If you don't stay and fight but run away who's to say they don't chase
>you? What if your only option is to knock them out cold so you have
>enough time to get a head start that they cant make up?

And what if the only way you can stop them is to kill their daughter, and the alternative that they will kill you AND your wife? Why can't you just kill the girl, then? I mean, better to be judged by twelve than carried by six, right?

You can always make up a scenario to support any behavior you'd like to see justified.

You are not required, at least in the state of Florida, to retreat from somewhere you are legally entitled to be if threatened.

There's no "minimum damage" level in fights. You fight until there's no response/no threat. I don't mean no response as in knocking someone out. If the other person runs away, then that is considered no response.

Once there's no response, there is no threat.

Basically if some guy jumps me, and I fight back and knock him silly, and he runs, and I chase and beat the hell out of him, I would get in trouble. He tried to get away and defuse the situation while I escalated it even though he had just tried to jump me.

You are not required, at least in the state of Florida, to retreat from somewhere you are legally entitled to be if threatened.

There's no "minimum damage" level in fights. You fight until there's no response/no threat. I don't mean no response as in knocking someone out. If the other person runs away, then that is considered no response.

Once there's no response, there is no threat.

Basically if some guy jumps me, and I fight back and knock him silly, and he runs, and I chase and beat the hell out of him, I would get in trouble. He tried to get away and defuse the situation while I escalated it even though he had just tried to jump me.

Part of what I loved about Florida, People can protect themselves Store owners keep a pistol in plan sight, next the the registar,, and know how to use it! Damned few robberies!

California's Gay fucking laws ,>:( ?[/mad] You get arrested and sued for protecting your property!