SarahC07

How many times...

... does a guy need to be told "I'm not interested in you... not at all. You're a fun guy and a good friend, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in being anything but a friend with you." Perhaps he has skewed definition of friendship. :S

How many times is he allowed to hit on me / make a move, before I stop hanging out with him altogether?

---

please, what IS the magic number? :S

... does a guy need to be told "I'm not interested in you... not at all. You're a fun guy and a good friend, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in being anything but a friend with you." Perhaps he has skewed definition of friendship. :S

How many times is he allowed to hit on me / make a move, before I stop hanging out with him?

---

please, what IS the magic number? :S

I would stalk you until you said OK...but that's just me ;)

I guess my question would be 'why are you in situations enough times with this person that they feel comfortable enough to keep trying?'
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Perhaps because you continue to hang out with him, he thinks you are just playing hard to get.

Some guys don't understand "No" until it is a "No, I don't want to be with you - AT ALL".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I need to see a picture of you before i can answer.:P

As I recall there is a pic here somewhere... could this be it :)
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3746580;so=ASC;sb=post_latest_reply;#3746413
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

This guy is a 'family friend' and I doubt the dare/bet scenario is in play. I've known him and his parents and siblings, for 5+ years. My brother knows his brother, my parents know his parents... and have for many many years.

Apparently, riding a motorcycle made me more attractive to him since he's only recently started hitting on me (I started riding in August). THAT actually compounds the issue, because he's one of a few people I know in my age group that rides regularly.

How many times is he allowed to hit on me / make a move, before I stop hanging out with him?

If it were me, twice.

They will still try to hunt you down--one may even find a phone number to your father and call from his new home in Hawaii to ask for business advice for his super-successful ventures and conveniently leave his number and ask your father to give you his best.

I am just saying, it happens. :S:D

If you really put it as quoted and he continues the unwelcomed behavior, good riddens.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Tell him you only date skydivers....and if he starts skydiving say: female skydivers. :P

But you "would gladly like to go for a ride as long as he rides ahead of you so he is not distracted by your brake light".;)

Seriously, just sit him down and talk to him. Tell him how it makes you feel... and that if he keeps it up, he will lose you as a friend. Over the phone may be better since he may have trouble listening in person.

I have friend rules and g/f rules.

I have a great female friend that I have known for several years.
We go on scuba trips and go places together.

However, she pays for her stuff and her half of the shared stuff.
She doesn't expect g/f treatment.
That clears it up immediately.

It is easy to identify the rules in two ways.
One - do other women say you are leading him on?
Two - would your b/f be ok if you were hanging out with this guy?

If you are good on those answers, it is him so quit
hanging around him.

Since he won't respect your clearly-expressed wishes, sounds like "now".

Exactly what I was going to say.

It's hard for me to brush off a family friend, especially one I ride with regularly. If he was a decent kisser, I might keep him around - JUST KIDDING. The friendship, however, may ONLY be about a riding companion... especially if I tell him yet again to leave me alone and he doesn't get it. :S He is stubborn and hard-headed.

It's hard for me to brush off a family friend, especially one I ride with regularly. If he was a decent kisser, I might keep him around - JUST KIDDING. The friendship, however, may ONLY be about a riding companion... especially if I tell him yet again to leave me alone and he doesn't get it. :S He is stubborn and hard-headed.

See now you're just taking the piss. You're obviously not serious about making him stop, and you probably like the attention.
Here's the thing, if you want him to stop, stop hanging around with him,
Rocket Science it ain't, ask Wendy she's a Rocket Scientist, she'll know for sure if it's even close to it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

See now you're just taking the piss. You're obviously not serious about making him stop, and you probably like the attention.

Without making this thread too serious ... I will counter. I can count on one hand the number of friends I have that ride regularly and he's one of them. I like riding with him, hands down. I've aggressively (verbally and in writing) expressed to him that i do not want anything more than a friendship, and he's made advances 3+ times.

The problem is that I value his friendship - I've known him for years and this behavior of his has only recently developed. I am not a social butterfly (not even close) and tend to hang out with a very small group of friends.

I am not attracted to him physically or emotionally, but I do enjoy his company... at least when he wasn't hitting on me.

--

Realistically, this thread is just bull anyways - absolutely a waste of space (was bored while I was cooking). I know what I need to do, I'm just having a hard time admitting that to myself probably because I value (or valued) his friendship. Thought I might receive some interesting answers from you guys.

Please carry on, I will continue cooking in peace. :P

well can we see a pic of the bike at least?B|

Yeah, there's a plan and take one with you topless on it.
Boobs and BikesB|B|ooo and wear your rig without the chest strap, then my entertainment wolrd is complete:):ph34r:

Squeak is Easily satisfiedB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Tis the best I can offer.

SV650S Best alround 650 built in the last 2 decadesB|B| Nice bike, for parts 2+3 of the image :)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?