shah269

People who don't say thank you....

You know....maybe I was raised differently but god i hate it when people don't say thank you!
There is this girl in one of our offices, I notice that her hands are very dry and the poor girl is using $0.99 moisturizer (insert dirty joke here) and I feel bad for her.
One of my family members works for and is a distributor for some high end cosmetics and I'm always getting a care package full of $40 lotions and $50 soap. I mostly regift the stuff I don't use or just give them to friends. So I feel bad for this girl and tell her the next time I get a care package that has lotions I'll give her a bottle.
Sure enough the next day there is a box at my front door and sure enough there are a few bottles of Lather bamboo moisturizer (the stuff is amazingly good). I give her the bottle...she mumbles thank you. I think ok...she's shy I'll email her later in the day and ask how she liked it (insert dirty joke here)
send email...nothing.
Talk about rude! Or is it just me? :|
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I didn't even get a smile. [:/] She's one of those overly educated "special" people.
Oh well.....no reason to be upset just because some one is rude.
It's good to vent. Pull my finger :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Couple of things:

1. She did say thank you.
2. You may have made her feel awkward that you a. gave her something so expensive and she can't reciprocate, or b. noticed her skin condition.
3. You may have given her something she can't use because of perfumes or other ingredients, and she didn't want to tell you, and you made it worse by pushing the issue.

Calling and asking how she liked the lotion is the same as asking for a thank-you.
I was told growing up, "If, you do a kindness for someone... do it and forget about it!" "If, you get a thank you, that's icing on the cake!" Granted, folks should say thank you at certain times but some don't. Just feel good inside that you were kind to her and go-on.

Chuck

It's you.

She said thank you (yes, it was just mumbled, but it was there). Some people are uncomfortable accepting nice gifts under those circumstances. She may not have understood (or believed) how you ended up with it.

Far too many guys do stuff like this as an "in". Now that you gave her something nice, she may expect you to ask her out with it being hard to say no after your nice gift.

I don't know if you did it for that reason or not. But if your office persona is anything like the way you come across on here I can understand her reservedness toward you.

Let it go.

Maybe keep an eye out. If she uses it, and uses it up, ask if she'd like more. Don't just give her more, ask first.

You did something nice. Feel good about that part.

I always feel best when I do something nice, and the person doesn't know it was me. Then I know I did it for no other reason than to be nice.

Clearing the snow off the windows of the car parked next to me is one that I'll do on occasionB|

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

People not saying thank you is no real surprise these days. More and more, manners and politeness are a thing of the far distant past in the society we live in now. its even somewhat surprising to hear a thank you after making a purchase in a business anymore. [:/]

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I didn't even get a smile. [:/] She's one of those overly educated "special" people.

do you have any idea how rude you are:S
1st you highlight a physical problem she has, then you indicate that the product she is using is cheap and inferior (when it might be the best she can afford) then you demand a thank you.
:S:S:S {insert PA Here}
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Maybe she just doesn't like you and the thought of having something you've touched in close proximity to her, let alone smearing it on her skin makes her feel physically sick.

Just a thought.
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

Something I try to remind myself of, is that we often have little idea of what other people are dealing with that day. We have no idea what is going on in their lives & heads.

Most of the time I just let things like this slide, there are more important things to think about (I hope).

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Let's say I think you're kind of fat, so out of the blue I bring you some diet pills that my brother sells. How would you feel about my kind gesture? I mean, I'm only trying to help you and make your life better.

Bottom line: you insulted her.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Shah, it's not good etiquette for you to let her know how to take care of her skin issues, unless she asks, or she is a good friend of yours. It's not polite to try to "fix" someone else, simply because you feel "sorry" for her. If she asks for your help, that's an opportunity to do a good deed. However, if you are forcing your solutions to her skin problem onto her, that is intrusive.

As Kris pointed out, she may have allergies or sensitivities to some of these ingredients. Being a female, she most likely felt awkward at receiving such a gift, and perhaps, she didn't want to discuss her skin issues with you. Only she and her dermatologist can make the decision of what skin creams or moisturizers, that she should use. While you probably didn't mean to be insulting, the whole thing sounds just cringe worthy from a woman's perspective.

I hope that you just lay low and forget about the whole thing. I do believe that she said "thank you". That is better than most would say, after being embarrassed like this. However, if she asks you for more moisturizer or for information about the skin care line, you can then decide what to do. It was nice that your heart was in the right place, even if the delivery was perhaps ineffective. Remember that it's the good deed that is important, not being recognized for the good deed.

do you have any idea how rude you are:S
1st you highlight a physical problem she has, then you indicate that the product she is using is cheap and inferior (when it might be the best she can afford) then you demand a thank you.
:S:S:S {insert PA Here}

+1. Sheesh... I had to say that too many times this week...:S

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

>Let's say I think you're kind of fat, so out of the blue I bring you some diet
>pills that my brother sells. How would you feel about my kind gesture? I
>mean, I'm only trying to help you and make your life better.

Well, it would be a bit insulting, but if you were an engineer people would understand.