tdog

DirecTV Now Sucks. I don't care what you say - I am right!

They dropped XM (which they own part of, ironically) for this SonicTap (I think they are officially called SonicCrap)!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss BPM. I miss AREA.

I HATE THIS SonicCrap "859 Dance" channel. IT SUCKS...

I just called a friend who is driving his truck back from Florida from an event gig - and had him hold his cell phone to the speaker for 30 seconds so I could get a tad of good music...

SUCK SUCK SUCK (pout, pout, pout)

(I know someone who got DirecTV so they could have the XM stations. They won't let him out of the contract.)

Charter Cable has been getting far too expensive, and I've been planning to switch to satellite pretty soon. Is the lack of music stations your only complaint about them? Because there are many music providers these days...

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't care what you say - I am right!

Wow - sounds like Pelosi and Reid . . . and all liberals for that matter
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

their programing is stale. Same shit plays on different channels all the time. Same movies go from one movie channel to another. I haven't checked out the PPV channels lately.

I have been lazy about switching cause we use it in the motorhome too and I haven't felt like changing everything over.

Charter Cable has been getting far too expensive, and I've been planning to switch to satellite pretty soon. Is the lack of music stations your only complaint about them? Because there are many music providers these days...

Blues,
Dave

I've had DirecTV for about 5 years now and I actually really like the service. I use it to watch TV (I have an Ipod or can listen to the radio for music)

and as for the stations and broadcasting getting stale... one can't really blame the distributer of the channels for the lack of quality... I am a bit disappointed that DirecTV lost the ability to distribute the VS-HD channel as it has the Tour de France on it...

however I will say they do have a large selection of HD channels.

I am conserned about relocating however...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Ahhh... the missus and I only turn on the music so the kids don't hear us bumpin uglies, so the loss of the music don't bother us. The rest of the programming is on par with other companies, which means they are all "meh".
;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Ok, so SonicTap might just step up to the plate... I sent a brief, but honest email to them...

They actually responded (product manager of the company) with more questions. Kind of cool that they appear to care.

We shall see.... But I no longer give them an F. They get a C for effort. ;-)

I have DirecTV and the NFL sunday ticket. What they don't tell you is that if you get the regular ticket you can only get the first 3 games in HD and then you have to purchase the RED Zone package as well as the sunday ticket to get all NFL games in HD. Which is pretty fucking stupid as well as costly. Seeing that my team went 3-13 this past season it isn't making me want to renew since its at least an extra 80 dollars a month for all 5 months the regular NFL season is on. But this reminds me of the whole ATT vs. Verizon bullshit with their retarded maps. (I worked as a network engineer in telecom for 15 years) They use antequated propagation surveys for their 'maps' and neither one are accurate. Just face it if there was a 'clear cut' advantage being offered by one company then most all people would have already switched...including you...so stop bitching. :S

Anyone know what options there are for VERSUS? Switching provider is too much of a head hake for simply the 3 weeks of the Tour, but really, this sucks!!!!!!

I have Comcast which offers basic and VS in HD.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Direct TV customer service sucks. i almost lost my house because when we went to cancel our service, they withdrew around a thousand from our bank account for "lost equipment" a day before the return boxes we were suppossed to mial them back in were delivered to us. it took over three months and the help of a news station to get our money back. Even then we were out almost an equal amount due to unexpected overdraft fees and the needd to get temp loans to cover it. Plus it hit a a few weeks before x-mas which sucks when you have smal children.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I have DirecTV and the NFL sunday ticket. What they don't tell you is that if you get the regular ticket you can only get the first 3 games in HD and then you have to purchase the RED Zone package as well as the sunday ticket to get all NFL games in HD.

DirecTV doesn't have a service called Red Zone.... that's Dish Network. [:/]
Owned by Remi #?

It was awesome for the six dollars I paid for it on a Frontier flight the other night. It actually kicked ass compared to the screaming baby.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs