NiteQwill

Bastards at UPS

Fucking losers lose my canopy by delivering to the wrong address that is not even remotely similar to my home.

I call them and now they can't locate it... I call the business that it was delivered to, no one can claim it was delivered.

UPS driver let someone fucking sign for it without checking WHO was signing it, let alone, verifying the delivery address (again, not even close to my address).

I'm all kinds of pissed off right now, unfuckingbelievable.

I don't even know if it was insured... The package originated from Skydive Spaceland.
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

Some good soul will deliver it to your door in the morning. It's going to be ok.:)

I seriously doubt it since the address it was delivered to is far, far away. And when I talked to the receiving department of the business, they said no one is familiar with the name WHO signed for the package (they don't work there).

Never, ever, ever use UPS for anything valuable. Aside from DHL, they are the worst delivery company.

What can brown do for me? Take my package to FedEx and let them handle it.

I know. But no choice since this was sent from a sender's UPS account.

UPS is hanging me out to dry, they said they can't do anything unless someone calls them and states that they delivered to the wrong address. What kind of bullshit is that?

My only hope is that it was insured for the full amount.
-Samuel Beckett

UPS once delivered 16 pounds of gun powder clearly marked EXPLOSIVES to the local Home Depot when it should have come to my house. Luckily for me they did know who signed for it and when I called the Home Depot to ask about it they said yep it's here in the corner.
Rather than wait the week UPS wanted to have it delivered to me I just went down to the Home Depot and picked it up myself.

Never, ever, ever use UPS for anything valuable. Aside from DHL, they are the worst delivery company.

Quite a bold statement to make. Please state your experience with UPS and with it's competitors (That would be FedEx and former DHL/Airborne and possibly the US Postal Service).

Quite a bold statement to make. Please state your experience with UPS and with it's competitors (That would be FedEx and former DHL/Airborne and possibly the US Postal Service).

Since I work out of my home I get a lot of stuff shipped to me for work. IT IS VERY TYPICAL for UPS to have a package on their truck for me, NEVER EVEN COME TO MY HOUSE (I was home waiting for the package(s)), then they tell dispatch I wasn't home, (which they never even came to), they DO NOT leave a call tag on my door, oh yeah; and it seems to always happen when my regular UPS guy is not at work and some yahoo is filling in.

It is obvious that when they don't want to (or can't?) actually do their job they just call dispatch and say so-and-so wasn't home.

Yeah I agree; UPS SUCKS! And they are way overpriced imo!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I ordered a full set of racing gear (helmet, nomex suit, gloves shoes, etc.) several years ago. Got a call from a dentist a few blocks away who said he might have my stuff. Went to get my stuff and ended up spending two hours BS'ing with him about racing. Turns out he's into classic rally racing and runs a 1950's American car in rallys all over the world. I guess the place I orderd the stuff from clicked the wrong customer, but the right city.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Short update.

Looks like they found it! :)
UPS last night said they would redeliver today, Saturday, as a courtesy! B|

Instead, the crackheads at UPS decided to electronically mark it as RETURN TO SENDER instead of REATTEMPT DELIVERY TO CORRECT ADDRESS. >:(>:(>:(>:( Worst part is the UPS customer representative attempted to put the blame on me for "not ensuring that the package arrives at the correct destination." WHAT THE FUCK? How do I control the idiocy of a UPS driver?

Fucking idiots! Strike two and three! B| Does this type of incompetency really run through this entire corporation?!?!

Good thing is I'm in contact with the rigger at Skydive Spaceland and he is awesome to deal with. Looks like my package will get another round trip to Texas and back to California.

-Samuel Beckett

Short update.

Looks like they found it! :)
UPS last night said they would redeliver today, Saturday, as a courtesy! B|

Instead, the crackheads at UPS decided to electronically mark it as RETURN TO SENDER instead of REATTEMPT DELIVERY TO CORRECT ADDRESS. >:(>:(>:(>:( Worst part is the UPS customer representative attempted to put the blame on me for "not ensuring that the package arrives at the correct destination." WHAT THE FUCK? How do I control the idiocy of a UPS driver?

Fucking idiots! Strike two and three! B| Does this type of incompetency really run through this entire corporation?!?!

Good thing is I'm in contact with the rigger at Skydive Spaceland and he is awesome to deal with. Looks like my package will get another round trip to Texas and back to California.

Call the customer service department and ask for boss after boss after boss until they stop the transit of the package and then demand to be compensated for your inconvenience.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Being in business for many years, we learned that if you really need something, never - ever trust UPS or the Post Office. FedEx is the way to go.

Besides, Brown is the color of shit and it applies to UPS.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Being in business for many years, we learned that if you really need something, never - ever trust UPS or the Post Office. FedEx is the way to go.

Besides, Brown is the color of shit and it applies to UPS.

That's funny. I too have been in biz for many years. Lifetime of mailorder to be exact. And I have sent thousands of packages with UPS/FedEx/USPS. And quite a few with DHL.

And the company that fucked up the most...
wait for it
wait for it
Was the one which handled the most packages.

In other words the years when I ran with a UPS account, UPS fucked up considerably more than FedEx. But in the last few years that I have favored my FedEx account FedEx made more mistakes.

Just to put in some quantitative data (I know, solid, reliable info is very bad on these forums, sorry) - I shipped anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 packages per year.

Yet again it seems that people love to judge a book by it's cover by either formulating an opinion based on a one-off experience or experience with a single employee of the company.

Not bold. Just a summary of my experience. Noting delivery attempts when no one came by the house, returning a package I sent to another jumper after never attempting delivery to the jumper, then refusing to refund my charges for delivery. Losing shit. Overall poor customer service and incompetence.

The DHL comment is anecdotal from multiple reports of problems. No personal experience there.

FedEx has been on the money, all the time.

Simpe really.

Wait a second....i have a thought here. Maybe...just maybe you guys are using different UPS people? I mean I was thinkning about it today.,..and for UPS to do what they do must have what....at least 3 shipping centers? I also assume that each center must have their own people too! So at this point my brain started to hurt so i decided i needed a burrito. So i went to Taco Bell, and they fucked up my order! The irritating thing is that THIS Taco Bell always fucks up my order but the one by work doesn't.

EUREKA! That's when it hit me! It's the employees not the company that fuck up! That's when i thought "hey! Maybe Some of these guys on the forum have a good UPS center and some have a bad!"

I dont know, it's just a theory...what do you guys think? ;)

By the way this is called sarcasm. I thought I better spell it out since everyone here is so fast.

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

EUREKA! That's when it hit me! It's the employees not the company that fuck up! That's when i thought "hey! Maybe Some of these guys on the forum have a good UPS center and some have a bad!"
I dont know, it's just a theory...what do you guys think? ;)

Aw come on now. Everyone knows that if one member of a group screws up, then it's fair game to brand everyone in the entire group with bad names. It doesn't matter if they're employees of a company, followers of a religious faith, or members of a political party. They're all EVIL!

Hi Nite,

Worst part is the UPS customer representative attempted to put the blame on me for "not ensuring that the package arrives at the correct destination."

This is the Business Plan for corporate America today.

I recently had a little to-do with my bank; they absolutely insisted that they could not have sent my monthly statements to my daughter; but she had the statements in her hand. :S

JerryBaumchen

My experience with UPS has been quite different.

FedEx, which isn't used very often, screwed up a couple of times but everything was straightened out quickly.

UPS has been very reliable. Missed deliveries or lost packages are rare and when it does happen they have been very prompt and easy to work with to get insurance claims completed. The one thing that has really bugged me is a missed delivery that was returned to us and they wanted me to pay for the return shipping charges. "That's our policy", they said. But a little more discussion with the service rep got a refund for that charge "as a courtesy".

Now, if you really, REALLY want problems, go with USPS. Their delivery and customer service people are complete idiots. Insurance claims? You'd better have all your ducks in a row on paperwork. If you use their on-line system you'd better print off every page showing ship dates, postage costs, insurance costs, copies of invoices and any and all proof that you have that the package was shipped, insured and properly documented to back up the insurance dollars. and THEN wait 60-90 days for reimbursement or rejection of your claim. Reject you? Put your battle suit on and be prepared to take them to the wire.

Don't even get me started on their package tracking capabilities.

God help you if you have to send a package international.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I would say that they should fire all the incompetent bastards that can't properly do their jobs (getting a package from point 'A' to point 'B'), but then they are all unionized and nearly unfireable.

Also, if one UPS shipping center/hub is not running properly isn't it still the responsibility of the UPS corporation to address those issues. In other words, one bad shipping center still reflects on UPS as a whole.

Hope you get your canopy soon!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Now, if you really, REALLY want problems, go with USPS. Their delivery and customer service people are complete idiots. Insurance claims? You'd better have all your ducks in a row on paperwork. If you use their on-line system you'd better print off every page showing ship dates, postage costs, insurance costs, copies of invoices and any and all proof that you have that the package was shipped, insured and properly documented to back up the insurance dollars. and THEN wait 60-90 days for reimbursement or rejection of your claim. Reject you? Put your battle suit on and be prepared to take them to the wire.

Don't even get me started on their package tracking capabilities.

God help you if you have to send a package international.

I've sent a handful of packages international via USPS global express, which was often 1/3 the cost of Fed Ex or UPS since they don't charge dimensional weight.

Some how they managed to loose one. After 30 days they officially declared it missing. After another 30 days the investigation didn't find that. Within a couple weeks I had the $500 I insured it for plus $80 in postage or whatever.