ntrprnr

What's the average vacation time for an employee

I had 1 week vacation after a year, 2 weeks after 3 years, and 3 weeks after 5 years.

We were allowed to split it up but it didn't roll over to the next year. We had to use it.

Just and FYI, if you were working in the state of California at the time, state law requires that you be allowed to 1) carry it over 2) be paid for it or 3) use it all. If you didn't use it all and they didn't allow you to carry it over, then they have to pay you for it.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

You guys have been spectacular. Thank you so much for your input - You've given me everything I need.

It's gonna be a "burying my head in my pillows and doing a lot of thinking" weekend.

I HATE weekends like this.

Either way, thanks, all - As always, much appreciated.

-Peter

You guys have been spectacular. Thank you so much for your input - You've given me everything I need.

It's gonna be a "burying my head in my pillows and doing a lot of thinking" weekend.

I HATE weekends like this.

Either way, thanks, all - As always, much appreciated.

-Peter

Don't bury your head and think too much!

If you want the employee(s) to be happy, see what works for them. Some live to work, others work to play.

Find out what they will accept, especially if you want to keep them.

BTW, ENJOY your weekend ... and that's an ORDER! :D:D:D:D
'Shell

Less than five years at the company? Two weeks, plus one week sick time?

It's been way too long since I've worked at a company that cared.

Anyone? An employee asking - I have NO idea what to tell him - Pretty sure it's 2 weeks vaca plus 1 week sick, then after five years it adds on?

Or I'm wrong.

HELP!

Depends on if you be workin' for the man - or something other than government . . .nes pas?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My opinion is that anybody that ask about it doesnt really want to work to bad;) If they bitch about 2 weeks then send em down the road!:)

Agreed - But perhaps the employees weren't the ones asking. Just a thought.

:)

I had 1 week vacation after a year, 2 weeks after 3 years, and 3 weeks after 5 years.

We were allowed to split it up but it didn't roll over to the next year. We had to use it.

Just and FYI, if you were working in the state of California at the time, state law requires that you be allowed to 1) carry it over 2) be paid for it or 3) use it all. If you didn't use it all and they didn't allow you to carry it over, then they have to pay you for it.

Yup, CA law! It sucks for the non-CA offices within my company because they have to use it or lose it!

I rolled mine over this year and I have 26 days of vacation. Once again it doesn't look like I will use it all (my honey doesn't get as much vaca), but I try to use as much as possible for mental health.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Yup, CA law! It sucks for the non-CA offices within my company because they have to use it or lose it!

I rolled mine over this year and I have 26 days of vacation. Once again it doesn't look like I will use it all (my honey doesn't get as much vaca), but I try to use as much as possible for mental health.

g

You know - as scared of Texas as you are - it is a warm and fun place - take some R&R here.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm less than 5 years with my company. 3 weeks (120 hours) vacation/yr, 6 days sick/personal leave, 10 paid holidays (of which 4 are floaters). 120 + 48 + 80 = 31 days off/year.

Also, my company doesn't charge me for doctors appointments....B| I wanna move to Europe though, they get wayyyy more time off!

I worked at Indiana University... we started with 6 weeks Paid Time Off (total of vacation + sick) then we had 11 days paid vacation on top of that. Once I was there for 5 years I got 8 weeks PTO.

Why did I leave there again?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I'm self employed so I get vacation time whenever i want it. :)Last year I went to..to..to....
No, wait...that was six years ago. I didn't take vacation last year. Or the year before, come to think of it.
Oh, Hell. I can't remember when my last vacation was.
Being self employed really sucks balls sometimes. :P

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I earn about 1 vacation day every 2 weeks and 1 extended illness day each month. Translates into 26 days of vacation/holiday/sick and 13 days that I can use if I stay home sick longer than 3 days. I was able to start using my PTO after 3 months on the job.

I think that 2 weeks is pretty piddly, particularly for folks who don't have their family living in the area.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I earn about 1 vacation day every 2 weeks and 1 extended illness day each month. Translates into 26 days of vacation/holiday/sick and 13 days that I can use if I stay home sick longer than 3 days. I was able to start using my PTO after 3 months on the job.

That's about what I get too. Mine breaks down to 26 vacation days a year, 11-12 Federal holidays, and 13 sick leave days. My sick leave and annual can be taken in increments of 15 minutes, in case I leave early or arrive late for work. Sounds like I'd never have to work, but somehow I still do a lot.:S

If I knew then what I know NOW...:S

My wife 'works' about 12-14 days a month, gets 6 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick leave a year...

When we met we were making the same $ but it was taking me 60-65 hrs a week and no where NEAR the benefits. :|

One of my best friends in college was in the flight program, his dad was #3 at United so he had a job pretty much lined up, his dad liked me a lot and made several 'offers' if I were to change majors...but NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I wanted to jump not FLY! :S:S:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Less than five years at the company? Two weeks, plus one week sick time?

It's been way too long since I've worked at a company that cared.

Anyone? An employee asking - I have NO idea what to tell him - Pretty sure it's 2 weeks vaca plus 1 week sick, then after five years it adds on?

Or I'm wrong.

HELP!

Depends on the industry - most companies do what they need to in order to be competitive.

In theory I get 14 days of paid vacation each year plus 5 floating holidays and the 10 fixed holidays.

There's a week of sick leave too.

In practice I've taken a couple long weekends plus the holidays over the last two years and will probably get paid up to the 168 hour cap when we have a liquidity event, go out of business, etc.

I last took real vacations week-long vacations in 2005.

I think you (as in y'all) will find that the US sucks the biggest donkey balls when it comes to paid vacation time in the First World.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922052.html

Italy 42 days
France 37 days
Germany 35 days
Brazil 34 days
United Kingdom 28 days
Canada 26 days
Korea 25 days
Japan 25 days
U.S. 13 days
Source: World Tourism Organization (WTO).

In view of the fact that the US has long been the only First World country not to offer real national health care for ordinary non-elderly, non-impoverished slobs, do we detect a pattern here, class? I do.

Let me hear an AAAAAMEN for Bruva Andy.

Jezze you folks need to stand up for yourselves.... Big Time. And donpt even bother saying thatthe company/country would go down the pan if we didn't work so hard ....... it already has:P and you're being shafted.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Let me hear an AAAAAMEN for Bruva Andy.

Jezze you folks need to stand up for yourselves.... Big Time. And donpt even bother saying thatthe company/country would go down the pan if we didn't work so hard ....... it already has:P and you're being shafted.

Where us Aussie are a lazy bunch of fucks and out economy is rocking compare to the yanks :D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What giggles me up is how many Americans who have never lived anywhere outside of the US
think that 2 weeks vacation is generous. It's (partly) the same reason why so many Americans don't realize how backward the US is for not having a universal national health service: they simply don't know any better because they've never experienced a true basis of comparison.

What giggles me up is how many Americans who have never lived anywhere outside of the US
think that 2 weeks vacation is generous. It's (partly) the same reason why so many Americans don't realize how backward the US is for not having a universal national health service: they simply don't know any better because they've never experienced a true basis of comparison.

Yeah but we got the BomB...and we know how to use it! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~