ntrprnr

What's the average vacation time for an employee

Less than five years at the company? Two weeks, plus one week sick time?

It's been way too long since I've worked at a company that cared.

Anyone? An employee asking - I have NO idea what to tell him - Pretty sure it's 2 weeks vaca plus 1 week sick, then after five years it adds on?

Or I'm wrong.

HELP!

That's about right for the companies I've worked for. I've been lucky enough not to have hard-and-fast limits on sick leave most of the time, though.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Less than five years at the company? Two weeks, plus one week sick time?

It's been way too long since I've worked at a company that cared.

Anyone? An employee asking - I have NO idea what to tell him - Pretty sure it's 2 weeks vaca plus 1 week sick, then after five years it adds on?

Or I'm wrong.

HELP!

Quite a few places now start at 3 weeks, plus a few days sick leave.

Our place does (alot of companies in Tucson do to compete with Raytheon) and even, now, we offer 3.5 weeks Paid Time Off (combined vacation/sick days) as starters.
Remster

That's what it was 'basically' at several firms I worked at...however you could 'earn' extra time by working extra hours.

None of it took effect until 1 year there.

I have no idea what the formula was, but I got a few additional days every year and it was appreciated.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

At my company it is 18 paid days off (vacay and sick) plus four floating holidays the first year, then 23 (+4) days. Once you hit ten years its 28 (+4) days. In California if you don't use all of your days the remaining days roll over into the next year. I didn't use 11 days last year so I've got 43 days to use this year including my four floating holidays.:)

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Quite a few places now start at 3 weeks, plus a few days sick leave.

I'd agree. Three + seems to be more standard these days, at least for professional positions. I don't think I've had less than three in a long time; current job I got four to start, five after a year. Goes up again after 4 years I think.

More companies now are doing a bank of paid time off to be used for both vacation and sick. The company I work for now has an extended illness bank that you only access if you get more seriously sick (e.g., 5+ days or in the case of a hospitalization). For the one- or two-day routine illness absence, you're expected to use your PTO.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Publicly traded company - 2 weeks, bank holidays and a a Comp time day per quarter that is use it or lose it. At 3 years it goes to 3 weeks, 5 years is 4 and every 5 years past that is another week. We can bank up to a total of 8 week and then we stop earning time off.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Here at the UofA (Canada)

Vacation time
15 days when you start
20 days after 5 years
25 days after 16 years
30 days after 23 years

10 days paid casual illness leave per year

Plus all stat holidays off and we close between Christmas and the New Year.

Any OT worked can either be used as banked time or you can get paid out (or a combo of both).
'Shell

10 years with state government tomorrow, 17 years in our goverment pension system total. Yippee. :)
15 days vacation (can't carry over more than you receive yearly), 15 sick days (they can accummulate), 3 administrative leave days (use 'em or lose 'em). That's not counting when the building closes when the Delaware River floods the area around my building every year. Maybe 2 days paid leave a year because of that?

Always be kinder than you feel.

2 weeks paid sick leave, and 12 weeks holidays per year

oh and every 5th year off:D:D:D

Read my sig line bitches;)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?