lawrocket

Cussing in Foreign Languages

Let's hear them. I need a guide that can be useful in case I am ever in need of swift insult.

Stupid Fucker works
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm thinking on the lines of, "mangez le merdre" - french for "eat shit."

I'm particularly interested in Potruguese and Hmong. And I understand that italian cussing is difficult without video (WOPs are speech inpaired if they are missing an arm).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Let's hear them. I need a guide that can be useful in case I am ever in need of swift insult.

I learned this one at Zhills (being multi-cultural place that it is) -

gaan kak in die mielies

I picked up a few others but they are not printable.

Hi fasted,

In Brazil if you give the "OK" sign it means, "You're an asshole."

In the early '90's I was down in Brazil working on a project. Were doing some testing in a test lab in southern Brazil and things were not going so good. Laate in the day & after doing some adjusting, etc, etc, we finally got the testing to be successful. So I gave the OK sign to the test engineers ( who did not speak English ) and they all looked at me really, really wierd. The QA Mgr, who did speak English, came over and casually mentioned that this meant 'Up your a$$hole.' :S

Oopsie. :o

Live & learn, :P

JerryBaumchen

PS) I've spent a fair amount of time working in Asia, South America & Europe; I've learned to NEVER cuss in the local language.

yebat' tvoyu mat'

(Sorry, Russian characters don't reproduce here)

yebat' is the infinitive. You want the imperative form which is yob (but sounds like yop)
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

In the early '90's I was down in Brazil working on a project. Were doing some testing in a test lab in southern Brazil and things were not going so good. Laate in the day & after doing some adjusting, etc, etc, we finally got the testing to be successful. So I gave the OK sign to the test engineers ( who did not speak English ) and they all looked at me really, really wierd. The QA Mgr, who did speak English, came over and casually mentioned that this meant 'Up your a$$hole.' :S

Ha, ha. That's like greeting a group of nuns by flipping them the bird.

Hi law,
Arabs have this thing about animals. Dogs are considered "unclean' and if they touch one they go into hysterics!! When I was working for Grumman in Iran in '76 I found out that to refer to one of "them' as an animal will get em' riled!! Best way to piss off an Iranian is to say,"Shoma mardar sadd!" roughly translated,"Your mother is a dog" or simply put,"You son of a bitch!!" I guarantee, sparks will fly!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

In Brazil if you give the "OK" sign it means, "You're an asshole."
Thumb up is OK.
Also good to know if you DON'T want to say somebody's an asshole. :$

Italy's is the thumbs up gesture. Friend of mine was at Sebastian when he saw a group of Italian jumpers packing, he asked them if they were from Italy. When one of them replied yes, he gave them the thumb "cool!"

The reaction he got was totally the opposite of what he was expecting. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm particularly interested in Potruguese and Hmong. And I understand that italian cussing is difficult without video (WOPs are speech inpaired if they are missing an arm).

that would be "mangez la merde". and "mangez" would mean the "polite form"; other than that it's "mange"!

if you cuss, do it in style.. ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

that would be "mangez la merde". and "mangez" would mean the "polite form"; other than that it's "mange"!

if you cuss, do it in style.. ;)

Sigh... You people are pathetic.

It would be mangez de la merde.

For pure visceral insults, I prefer Quebec insults:

Osti d'cris de tarla!

Maudit calisse de niaiseux!
Remster

Tu madra es muy linda... para un perro..

Chupa me perras conos!

No me quiero las mismas cosas que tu madre.

Su quieras me padre? Estas malo!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do you mean like the time I was riding my motorcycle through Quebec and some idiot cut me off.
He looked at my Ontario license plate and tried to answer me in english.
Instead I loudly and angrily - and without a single swear word - chewed him out for five minutes in "la francais d'academy!

There are few things more embarrassing than being chewed out by a foreigner in a better-educated dialect of your own language!