SpeedRacer

The Bacon Appreciation Thread

Hmm.

Grill flavors what in the heck is that?

http://www.google.com/search?q=natural+grill+flavor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.kraftfoodingredients.com/assets/charts/KraftGrillFlavors.pdf

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-170281532.html

http://www.redarrowinternational.com/grill.html
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

In short, my position is America has food-issues because most people do not know their way around the seasoning isle of the grocery store.

Seasoning is EVERYTHING!

Since this is the "Bacon Appreciation" thread I just want to say ... Bacon doesn't need seasoning when it is cooked. Bacon is good the way it is. Throw it in the pan, cook it up and ENJOY!!!

Bacon. Wrapped in bacon. The way it was meant to be.

:)
Yep, bacon wrapped in bacon.
'Shell

Seasoning is meant to enhance the taste, not provide it.

The point I did not make very well, is that most people do not know how to use seasonings--herbs, spices, etc.--and if they did they might find veggies and healthier foods a lot more appealing and satisfying as opposed to craving bacon and bacon-wrapped-bacon.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

That's the most ironic to me. People that choose not to eat meat for one reason or another yet still pretending to, in essence supporting meat...I have zero issue with what people choose to eat/not eat nor would tell them they can't or shouldn't but do personally find some peoples food choices ironic/hypocritical.

Me thinks you do not understand "irony" or "hypocritical".

Eating soy that tastes like bacon would only be ironic and hypocritical to a vegetarian if actual bacon were used to flavor the soy.

FWIW, the options I offered are not something we inlcude in our diet very often. We eat locally-farmed eggs and every now and then Bill likes to make a "sausage, egg & cheese" breakfast sandwich to satisfy a craving. We both grew up in very meat-loving, meat-topped meat, meat inside of meat, meat for breakfast, lunch & dinner families. Cravings happen--not so much for me anymore.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

That's the most ironic to me. People that choose not to eat meat for one reason or another yet still pretending to, in essence supporting meat...I have zero issue with what people choose to eat/not eat nor would tell them they can't or shouldn't but do personally find some peoples food choices ironic/hypocritical.

Me thinks you do not understand "irony" or "hypocritical".

Eating soy that tastes like bacon would only be ironic and hypocritical to a vegetarian if actual bacon were used to flavor the soy.

FWIW, the options I offered are not something we inlcude in our diet very often. We eat locally-farmed eggs and every now and then Bill likes to make a "sausage, egg & cheese" breakfast sandwich to satisfy a craving. We both grew up in very meat-loving, meat-topped meat, meat inside of meat, meat for breakfast, lunch & dinner families. Cravings happen--not so much for me anymore.

Why I find it ironic/hypocritical is that vegans/veggies claim they don't need meat but then eat fake meat to satisfy cravings. If they don't need it, why crave it or give into it? Fake meat also validates the importance of real meat too.

Some vegans/veggies also think because they don't eat certain foods that makes them better than others. They may even post about it in a bacon thread. :P

Denis Leary said it best:

“Not eating meat is a decision, eating meat is an instinct.”

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Here's one for you load of bacon heathens.

Get some good steaky bacon slices (I use my own cherry ood smoked )
some seedless dates,

Wrap the bacon round the dates, use a wooden tooth pick to stop the rasher from unwinding
heat some good olive oil in a pan and fry till just before the bacon is crispy.

The mix of the flavour of smoked steaky and the sweetness of the date is great.

Gone fishing

Oh, have you guys tried baking it?

Have you tried microwaving it?

I buy it about 5 lbs at a time and fry it until it is 1/2 cooked then freeze it. When I am ready for it I let it thaw in the fridge and finish cooking in the micro. Faster than frying every time, cheaper than the precooked stuff.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

In Dubai (muslim) a bacon cheesburger from Burger king had 'beef' bacon and other places has turkey bacon.

They all tasted the same, similar texture.

If you use soy beans or lentils, and it still tastes the same,

who cares?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

In Dubai (muslim) a bacon cheesburger from Burger king had 'beef' bacon and other places has turkey bacon.
They all tasted the same, similar texture.
If you use soy beans or lentils, and it still tastes the same, who cares?

The people that can tell the difference! ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver