grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Oops, spoke too soon.:P

As a (new) Hawks fan, the fiancee and I were probably irritating our neighbors with Luongo's goaltending...amazing, the Hawks should have scored 2-3 more goals!

I never really got into hockey before, but having gone to 2 games this year and with it being in HD, it's really freaking fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJETon8XRxY

Tabernac!

Habs lose 2-0 with the last being an empty netter. I just got home and didn't see any of the game. I see the shots were 24-18 for the Pens...a much closer ratio than I've come to expect in a Habs game.

Was it a good game?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

:D:D:D

PLF is oddly silent in this thread..... Maybe this game was past his bed time too. It's gunna be a rough morning, just like monday was.... hahahahahahaha.

You can put that avatar up now if you want, and get the 30 days started........

God that game was sweet, atta boy marleau.

The Sharks just out-played the Wings... bottom line. The Wings didn't give a full 60-minutes of play. They lacked consistancy. Slow to the puck, bad passes and so-on. The refs didn't help the Wings any, either! Calling Holmstrom for 'goalie interference' when he was shoved into Nabakov who was at least, 5' out of his crease? When the goalie is out of the trapezoid or crease... he's fair game. That' neither here nor there. It is what it is. Hopefully, the Wings will take this summer to re-group and come-back next season better and stronger. GO WINGS!

Chuck

Hopefully, the Wings will take this summer to re-group and come-back next season better and stronger. GO WINGS!

+1 !

And hopefully that regrouping won't require any training of a new/young goalie because Howard now has playoff combat under his belt.

Sad day all around for the City of Detroit yesterday. Wings-loss, Tigers-loss, Ernie- now gone. :(

GO WINGS!

aloha.

Hopefully, the Wings will take this summer to re-group and come-back next season better and stronger. GO WINGS!

+1 !

And hopefully that regrouping won't require any training of a new/young goalie because Howard now has playoff combat under his belt.

Sad day all around for the City of Detroit yesterday. Wings-loss, Tigers-loss, Ernie- now gone. :(

GO WINGS!

Ernie Harwell was the 'Voice of the Tigers' for a looong time. He will be missed. Bud Lynch, the 'voice of the Red Wings' is getting up there too. He keeps doing radio commentary for the Wings to this day. They don't just announce the games, they put it out there in pictures.

You're right, yesterday was a sad day for Detroit sports fans but... they never quit hoping and supporting their teams. Real 'die-hards', those folks. then too, it seems to be that way with fans of the Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs and soon. I'm sure, there are still, Brooklyn-ites who still miss 'Dem Bums'!

O.K. I'm going to stick my neck out an make my pick for the finals...

I really would like to see Montreal but I'm takingBoston in the East.
I really don't care for any of theteams lfet in the West but I'll take Vancouver. I'd take chicago but screw Hossa!

Chuck

Guess they miscalculated the required fuse length.

Yeah, it was only 40 minutes long. Or else they started puckering in the third period (again) and it went out.

I hate to use the "O" word, but I think the Wings are getting too long in the tooth.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."