NWFlyer

Eating Peanuts in the Shell

At a baseball game last night, one of my companions bought a bag of roasted, salted peanuts in the shell. She passed them around and I grabbed a handful and started crunching on them right in the shell. She looked at me like I had two heads, but I talked her into trying one small one and she agreed it wasn't bad (but continued to shell the peanuts for the rest of the night). I picked this approach up myself when I went to a hockey game a few months ago and one of the guys with us was eating the peanuts in the shell (and I had the same shocked reaction ... till I tried it myself).

Your thoughts? Crunchy goodness or icky idea?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Didnt even know they were edible. I'll try it sometime
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

At a baseball game last night, one of my companions bought a bag of roasted, salted peanuts in the shell. She passed them around and I grabbed a handful and started crunching on them right in the shell. She looked at me like I had two heads, but I talked her into trying one small one and she agreed it wasn't bad (but continued to shell the peanuts for the rest of the night). I picked this approach up myself when I went to a hockey game a few months ago and one of the guys with us was eating the peanuts in the shell (and I had the same shocked reaction ... till I tried it myself).

Your thoughts? Crunchy goodness or icky idea?

I eat them in the shell...... even more salty goodness if you ask me. :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I have tried that with a few different shelled nuts before and don't like it. I don't like the extra crunch with my nuts.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

This is ridiculous...

There aren't that many universal truths out there, but there are at least 2:

Toilet paper over.

Peanuts unshelled.

I would think in this case those two truths might overlap. That's a lot of undigetible fiber to consume.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

This is ridiculous...

Toilet paper over, unless you have a cat.

Peanuts unshelled.

FIFY
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

there is also fried peanuts kris..they sell them around here or you can just deep fry some in the shells yourself. even more awesome than eating them with the shell roasted. fried they have the consistency of like a peanut butter sugar wafer...well without the sugar of course

boiled though, I prefer to shell them...
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Didn't care for the texture and didn't like thinking about what has handled the shells before they got to my hand.B|

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is ridiculous...

Toilet paper over, unless you have a cat.

Peanuts unshelled.

FIFY

Finding excuses for your perversions still doesn't make it right.
Remster

there is also fried peanuts kris..they sell them around here or you can just deep fry some in the shells yourself. even more awesome than eating them with the shell roasted. fried they have the consistency of like a peanut butter sugar wafer...well without the sugar of course

Cajun boiled peanuts. Only way to go. Yummy. >http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/cajun-boiled-peanuts.html ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Cajun boiled peanuts. Only way to go. Yummy. >http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/cajun-boiled-peanuts.html ;)

Definately a case of "I like them, but they don't like me"[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Didn't care for the texture and didn't like thinking about what has handled the shells before they got to my hand.B|

I figure that the roasting process would kill any nasty stuff, and the peanuts came in a sealed bag ... so that wasn't really a worry.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

This is ridiculous...

Toilet paper over.

Peanuts unshelled.

I disagree on both counts!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006030907309

I prefer under
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I guess I'm used to seeing them in the old open bags, or in an open barrel.

Yeah, in that case, I can understand wondering how many hands had dug into the pile. :S[:/]

I used to work with a guy that ate apples whole, core and all. He ate watermelon seeds and all. Half a watermelon was a serving size to him. Hmmmmm. Besides, if you are nice to him I bet you can get Peanut out of his shell. :):D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

a big part of the fun when eating
" PeaNuts ,,, peanuts here!!!! get your hot roasted Peanuts !!! ""B|;)
while at a baseball game,,, or the circus,,, or ANYwhere for that matter,,,,, is to be able to throw the shells on the floor....:)
never heard of eating them whole.... But I WILL try it,, next chance i get...
just to get a laugh out of the likey reactions from those around me!!!!! and when they say soemthing... I'll be sure to "credit" NWFlyer...:)
thanks for the idea...

PS. have a wonderful time @ L P

jt

Remember that it IS possible to get too much of a good thing. Fiber is good, but c'mon!

We had a guy at work (I work in an ICU) that had a small bowel obstruction from eating too many apricots. He didn't eat the pits, and rumor was he did eat a LOT of apricots, but it just ended up being too much fiber for his body to move around at once and he ended up losing a few feet of his small intestine.

Just food for thought... or for the other end, in this particular case...

Elvisio "resection junction, what's your function?" Rodriguez