BillyVance

Topic: Hanging shit from the rear view mirror

So, let's discuss. What does it make you think of the person who hangs stuff from the rear view mirror in their vehicles? It could be anything, like fuzzy dice, high school graduation tassels, stethoscopes, etc. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I hang my power tool up on the mirror when I get done using them for the weekend... Really cuts down on searching my truck trying to find one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I hang my power tool up on the mirror when I get done using them for the weekend... Really cuts down on searching my truck trying to find one.

Or you could clean out your truck. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Or you could clean out your truck. :P

Hanging the power tool up is easier than cleaning out my truck.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

These people are not very intelligent. Hanging junk from the rear view mirror is an obstuction of view. It's a distraction too.

This tells me they aren't trying hard enough and that they think driving is a carnival.

They probably have covers over their lights too. Oh and a handi capped parking permit which says "remove before driving" on the bottom.

Yeah, I figure if you hang stupid shit you're on an ego trip or showing off or trying to look cool. But your POV is spot on. Now if it's a scented pine tree, you need to clean your fucking car out! :D

after glueing the mirror twice in my jeep (yes, i used the proper stuff) it fell off again, and remains on the floor to this day. so, i can not hang anything from the rear view mirror. :P

These people are not very intelligent. Hanging junk from the rear view mirror is an obstuction of view. It's a distraction too.

If your eyes/mind are used to seeing motion in that sector of the windshield, they might not notice movement outside the car that needs to be noticed. Stuff like a car running a stop sign, or a child running out into the street.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

i used to hang beads jewelry etc. as a dumb teenager lol. now at least in my state, it is illegal (yes for good reason as mentioned, though i think people do much worse things to make driving less safe..) and last thing i want, even though i obviously don't drive w/ anything illegal or what have you, is for cops to have one extra ticket to give me- NOT worth it! or a pretext for a traffic stop (though i guess i can honestly say as a blonde Caucasian female i can't say i really worry about racial profiling... i realize that it is a reality though..)

also those generic air fresheners from the rear-view the tree shape ones-- i always associate with people smoking pot in their car, yeah it's dumb but it's a stereotype i cannot seem to shake (and in a college course i took, intro to criminal justice, apparently the cops think that is one sign of marijuana lol.. you have been duly forewarned)
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Be a man and just use a pull up cord! :P

And Cocheese hit it on the head... I hate seeing shit hanging from mirrors... Too bad I live in SE Alabama and most folks around here are dumbasses.

And Cocheese hit it on the head... I hate seeing shit hanging from mirrors... Too bad I live in SE Alabama and most folks around here are dumbasses.

Shaddup! You try closing a Sigma with a pullup cord... :P

Shaddup! You try closing a Sigma with a pullup cord... :P

Been there, done that ;)

I would have loved to hang my ex from the mirror...but then I would have to see her every day.

So. I substituted a picture of Linda Lovelace...then, at least, there was a remote possibility of a BJ.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So, let's discuss. What does it make you think of the person who hangs stuff from the rear view mirror in their vehicles? It could be anything, like fuzzy dice, high school graduation tassels, stethoscopes, etc. :P

It is actually illegal in many Staes, and Should be...a Motorcycle can disapear behind a fucking gradiuation tassle, and a crystal glinting can hide a bike....Many bikers have been killed from fucking idiots hanging shit on their rear view mirror...

Was I too criptic with my opinion?

It is actually illegal in many Staes, and Should be...a Motorcycle can disapear behind a fucking gradiuation tassle, and a crystal glinting can hide a bike....Many bikers have been killed from fucking idiots hanging shit on their rear view mirror...

I think it should be illegal everywhere, but mostly because it looks stupid!! :D:D

Seriously, thought, I'm not convinced it genuinely blocks someone's view.. I think lots of bikers get killed because car-drivers don't bother to actually turn their head and LOOK before changing lanes/turning..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I think it should be illegal everywhere, but mostly because it looks stupid!! :D:D

Seriously, thought, I'm not convinced it genuinely blocks someone's view.. I think lots of bikers get killed because car-drivers don't bother to actually turn their head and LOOK before changing lanes/turning..

A bike 20 yards (metres) in front of you can be obscured (Blocked) by a drivers thumb being held up. Shit hanging from mirrors can DEFINATELY block a bike from view. Don't fool yourself into thinking different, especially if you want to continue riding.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What would Walt Appel hang from his

A bike 20 yards (metres) in front of you can be obscured (Blocked) by a drivers thumb being held up. Shit hanging from mirrors can DEFINATELY block a bike from view. Don't fool yourself into thinking different, especially if you want to continue riding.

like i said in my post, it is illegal in my state to the best of my knowledge, and i don't do it-- but what about a GPS mounted? Would that not obscure vision as much as, or more than? That said, i cannot get anywhere without it.. right now my mount broke and i have to fix it so i have been setting on the passenger seat or my lap, but then i have to use my hands and eyes to manually hold it up while driving and feel this is more dangerous.. so what is the solution here? slightly off topic, but while we are discussing not adding risk for no good reason-- how does this come into play, since it is a similar concept.

oh and i find it hilariously ironic the people who hang something there for "good luck." like increasing their risk profile in driving and their likelihood of getting ticketed is a form of good luck, right on :D:D
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

like i said in my post, it is illegal in my state to the best of my knowledge, and i don't do it-- but what about a GPS mounted? Would that not obscure vision as much as, or more than? That said, i cannot get anywhere without it.. right now my mount broke and i have to fix it so i have been setting on the passenger seat or my lap, but then i have to use my hands and eyes to manually hold it up while driving and feel this is more dangerous.. so what is the solution here? slightly off topic, but while we are discussing not adding risk for no good reason-- how does this come into play, since it is a similar concept.

oh and i find it hilariously ironic the people who hang something there for "good luck." like increasing their risk profile in driving and their likelihood of getting ticketed is a form of good luck, right on :D:D

My GPS is mounted LOWER than my eye line, to the side (right for right hand drivers) near the Dash/windscreen edge. It creates NO obstruction to vision whatsoever, and can be viewed wiht a slight glance, (same as wing mirrors or rear view mirror)
I have seen some that are almost smack in the middle of their vision:S:S:S friggin morons:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?