jf951

to all you people

who suffered through calculus.
i feel your pain

oh how i want to go tell calc to fuck it self, but i have too much respect for the people who actually figured this crap out.

leibniz and newton prolly enjoy a holy brew up there watchin all the college students over the past 300 years or so get raked over the coals by this stuff, jerks.
Jump more, Bitch less.

who suffered through calculus.
i feel your pain

oh how i want to go tell calc to fuck it self, but i have too much respect for the people who actually figured this crap out.

leibniz and newton prolly enjoy a holy brew up there watchin all the college students over the past 300 years or so get raked over the coals by this stuff, jerks.

Three years of calc later (and two years after my last calc class), I hope I never see any of that shit ever again. Kudos to those two men, but still B|

Has it ever in real life been handy to know?[:/]

(If yer not a rocket scientist or equal that is)

I use it in the construction field all the time.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Has it ever in real life been handy to know?[:/]

(If yer not a rocket scientist or equal that is)

I use it in the construction field all the time.

I have worked construction.Even drawn blueprints.....I thought what I was doing was just math...[:/] was that calculus?

BTW, I am not putting anyone down, My wife has her master's , in one subject and bacholars in a few more...She Amazes me with her knowledge, (and that she married a dumb fuckin biker) but she says constantly she never uses many of the things they made her take...

(I bet she can even spell everything I just wrote):$

i actually find it is one of the most applicable fields of math, once you know it and understand its concepts there are alot of things you encounter in every day life where you can see how calculus was and could be used for it.
its also the foundation for many fields of work, business, economics, physics, biology...

one big part of it, very simplified down, up until calc the majority of math can only be used in a "stationary" setting, but once you incorporate calc you can begin to apply movements to those same models and understand how things elapse over time.
at the same time once you put things into motion so to speak you can look at the rate at which they are changing at an instantaneous point in that time frame

haha i hope that makes since
Jump more, Bitch less.

Well, like I said, I dropped out very earlier, but I made a living building and designing motorcycles,,(befoe it was kewl), which require mucho math, so more than likely, I used it, and had no clue it had a name...

Especially building and machining engines!

Well, like I said, I dropped out very earlier, but I made a living building and designing motorcycles,,(befoe it was kewl), which require mucho math, so more than likely, I used it, and had no clue it had a name...

Especially building and machining engines!

If you didn't know if you were using it you probably weren't. :)

BTW, I am not putting anyone down, My wife has her master's , in one subject and bacholars in a few more...She Amazes me with her knowledge, (and that she married a dumb fuckin biker) but she says constantly she never uses many of the things they made her take...

(I bet she can even spell everything I just wrote):$

lol i didnt think you were, alot of ppl ask that question.

Has Billy spoken to you about your avatar? :)

haha yes a many many times, ye usually makes the joke that mine is the moment before his.
Jump more, Bitch less.

I'm one of those people you like to hate -- was in Calc 3 my freshman year of college. Loved it. However, I wasn't able to transition well to Diff Eq. Plus, I never did get the hang of statistics! [:/]

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

all calculus and all that high level math BS is just the remnants of a giant pissing contest between 2 very old and very dead dudes. you never use 3/4 of that crap unless you actually teach it in college.

im no genius but my dad is a nuclear physicist(sadly the brains of the family skipped my dumb ass), and he still has to sit down and figure out some of that shit, since it had been YEARS since even he had seen/used it.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Calc was simple. Then again, I was a theoretical math major, and didn't really hate Calculus until I got to Real Analysis, which is proving why the theorems in Calculus work. That class was a pain in the ass.

I miss doing some of the stuff that I did my thesis in, but my degree/thesis had precisely ZERO real world applications -- other than to get me good grades to get into medical school.

Depending on your field of endeavor, calc may be useful, such as rates, areas under curves, etc. As an air traffic controller, I don't use anything above basic arithmetic story problems. :D:D

Well, maybe a little geometry too. :)

ive done your job on my Droid phone, you just click and drag the route of the airplane, not that hard! =D...dont let 2 aircraft hit and you're fine, my record is 84
IHYD

Depending on your field of endeavor, calc may be useful, such as rates, areas under curves, etc. As an air traffic controller, I don't use anything above basic arithmetic story problems. :D:D

Well, maybe a little geometry too. :)

ive done your job on my Droid phone, you just click and drag the route of the airplane, not that hard! =D...dont let 2 aircraft hit and you're fine, my record is 84

heehee mine is 292:ph34r:B|

waaay too much free time:)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Hi Tri,

We always said that Diff Eq seperated the students from the spectators. [:/]

An old math instructor once said that Calculus was math and anything before it was just arithmetic. B|

After I graduated, I got into Contract Management for the next 30 yrs and never used math again; but I could understand when someone was trying to smoke something passed me.

JerryBaumchen
Mech. Engr.

I hate math! who da hell needs to use it other den dem educated peeps. :P

Really I am not a fan of math. I am good at it just never enjoyed it.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

:D:D:D My record is a gazillion.;)

And you have awards and plaques all over our walls to prove it! ;)B|

I guess I should drop by Bonfire more often. Here you are talking about my favorite (well, not quite favorite since I started skydiving) thing and I didn't even know it. Calc is where math starts getting fun. Like Jerry B said.. anything before calc is arithmetic and that's yucky stuff. B|

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490