SkydiveJack

FAA to fine Lodi $664,000

...anyone here that has been jumping for more than 10 years "not" been to a DZ, they knew was "Iffy" yet still jumped?

Once I learned better, I can say yes, I have not jumped at DZ's I have know to have questionable maintenance practices. Seriously.

I choose where I jump and where I work based on aircraft and gear quality.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

When I moved to Cali the second time, I jumped at Lodi, initially. I was uncomfortable in the plane. The Otter looked rickety. Then I went to Skydance. Everyone said, "Never jump at Lodi!" "Why?" "They don't maintain their airplanes." My suspicions were correct. I still have unused Lodi jump tickets in my jumpsuit. I won't jump there anymore.

I'm still going to jump at lodi, good people live, work and jump there....

If your really that sure about your DZ maybe ask to see all there maintinance records on the planes they fly, make sure they have spent the money and are fully compliant with every reg out there.

then come back here and tell us how much safer your DZ is to jump at then B & C's.

I'm guessing 95% of you won't have the balls to ask questions about your planes and ask to see the maintinace books, its a lot easy to shoot a dz down when you have never been there, have never jumped there, and have nothing better to do inbetween self harming yourself and masterbating to your witty / negative comments on FB, and dZ.com

:)

I visit the hanger at Perris every time I go there, I love talking with Pat and Ben, and seeing whats going on out there....

Safest DZ in the state....doesn't make the others dangerous, just means they do (adn are rated for) their work in house..

Well, since you won't need em anymore, we should have a contest and the winner gets your tickets...........

"Who is willing to jump the worst airplane for a free ticket?"

Sounds good to me

LOL, great idea...BUT, it isn;t the worse ariplane, I jumped one in the middle of Kansas that madde the plane from Fandangal look like a jet fighter....including duct taped parts.....His students still used billy reserves,(rounds) and this was 1993....:o

Well, since you won't need em anymore, we should have a contest and the winner gets your tickets...........

Sounds good to me

Do they allow the use of base rigs at Lodi? I mean, they obviously don't adhere to other FAA regulations, so I assume it's all fair game?

If so, I'll start the bidding at 1 cent Canadian.

Sounds good to me

Do they allow the use of base rigs at Lodi? I mean, they obviously don't adhere to other FAA regulations, so I assume it's all fair game?

Sorry no low pulls.
Or wingusits.
Or tracking jumps.
Or swooping.

Better stick to the potato bridge!
BASE 1384

Sounds good to me

Sure, if you have a TSO'd belly mount reserve, but no pulls below 2000'

Sounds good to me

I'll take em... Just bought 50 carnival ride tickets the other day, could use a few more.

Sounds good to me

I'll take em... Just bought 50 carnival ride tickets the other day, could use a few more.

the "bounce" carnival ride ?

When I moved to Cali the second time, I jumped at Lodi, initially. I was uncomfortable in the plane. The Otter looked rickety. Then I went to Skydance. Everyone said, "Never jump at Lodi!" "Why?" "They don't maintain their airplanes." My suspicions were correct. I still have unused Lodi jump tickets in my jumpsuit. I won't jump there anymore.

You wont be missed... :D

>thats a billion dollar international corporation and they botched shit worse than BD ever
>could in his wildest dreams.

?? So an aircraft incident in which no one was hurt and no serious damage occurred is your example of really bad "botched shit?" But an incident where Dause did not trim the aircraft for exit, and a skydiver struck the tail and was paralyzed, is much better than that?

Let's hope that the future of skydiving holds more "no injury, no serious damage" incidents than incidents involving paralysis.

rhys

A shit load of hop 'n' pops may chew through the log books but skydiving experience is about freefall and formations, hop'n'pops don't give you much experience in those.

Just like a “shit load” of tandems jumps doesn’t give much experience.

SkydiveJack

I’m not sure who all supposedly works on the aircraft there but William C. Dause Jr. has an A&P license.

He is also an IA which means Inspection Authorization. This means that he can sign off all maintenance and required inspections on his aircraft. Or not.

See attachment.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

>thats a billion dollar international corporation and they botched shit worse than BD ever
>could in his wildest dreams.

?? So an aircraft incident in which no one was hurt and no serious damage occurred is your example of really bad "botched shit?" But an incident where Dause did not trim the aircraft for exit, and a skydiver struck the tail and was paralyzed, is much better than that?

Let's hope that the future of skydiving holds more "no injury, no serious damage" incidents than incidents involving paralysis.

you've absolutely got to be kidding me, who put a thick skulled ***** like you as a mod.

well im done. there no since arguing with that cause not even BD's otter going in on top of you could get an idea into that head. B|

btw i feel a power trip coming on? ban? warning? eh eh???? anyone wanna take bets? they will be payed out in lodi jump tickets :)
Jump more, Bitch less.

power trip coming on? ban? warning? eh eh????

The rules of the site say no personal attacks. They're pretty clear, and "thick-skulled **** like you" is pretty clearly a personal attack.

So if it happens, it doesn't sound like a power trip. Sounds like a consequence for violating the rules.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thank god I only basejump now.

Cliffs don't crash.

Are you cheekybastard or just using part of his quote?

That's why I love basejumping.

Cliffs don't crash.

I do both, but I do love base jumping for many other reasons. I like the fact no aircraft is required. Though your comment spawned a great conversation, it has nothing to do with this thread B|

Airplanes are still fun and so is jumping from them.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto