d_squared431

If you were of the royal family.....

Would you ever get married?

I mean you could have anyone anytime anywhere in the world.

Next question:

If you had the chance to marry a person of a royal family, would you?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

You women are just sooo shallow when it comes to sex. With men, it's more about love.:P

Next question:

No way. Having to live in the spotlight like that? And all those expectations on how you should live your life. No thannks. But all the $$ and palaces would be cool. :)

I'm kind of astonished how the media have picked up on this. I didn't think anyone was interested any more.

It's like 1981 all over again.

I understand the interest in England, well not really.

Every newscast starts out with this. I realize that it will die down between now and the wedding but…

I could be watching the story about Staff Sgt. Giunta and the Medal of Honor but I have to wait for the story about the prince and his soon to be bride. I understand people want feel good news stories but our priorities are out of wack.

Ironically, I think there's more interest in the British monarchy abroad than there is here.

In this country I'd say we have a hard core of serious royalists, but most of the population are a bit meh. I'm not really interested in the Royals or in weddings, so this story is a bit of a non-starter for me. :)

Ironically, I think there's more interest in the British monarchy abroad than there is here.

In this country I'd say we have a hard core of serious royalists, but most of the population are a bit meh. I'm not really interested in the Royals or in weddings, so this story is a bit of a non-starter for me. :)

Well - you just aren't very patriotic are you?

I'm just wondering if I could send tem a scathing e-mail and be banned from going there?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Trust me, "most" of this country is far from interested, only the small part that buys fashion magazines give a shit about royals...

Trust me, "most" of this country is far from interested, only the small part that buys fashion magazines give a shit about royals...

I’d like to hope you are right. Maybe the story exists only because the media has decided it is so important. I could see it being mentioned at the end of the news cast as an afterthought. “The prince got engaged to Kate Middleton today. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.” You know, one of those stories that gets bumped if anything else happened that day (like baby ducks getting stuck in a storm drain).

It's primarily media hype.

Anyone in their right mind would know that it's only of interest to them, their family and close personal friends.

Anyone else who has anything more than a couple of seconds of passing interest... needs to get a fucking life of their own:S

This is obsessive celebrity culture of the worst possible kind.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'd totally marry into the royal family. Having a weird marriage has got to be more tolerable while wearing a tiara. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

with the world going through economic times such as now, i cant fucking believe we actually give a shit about that crap. hell, its worse than lindsay lohan. at least she actually worked for a bit of her money.

I'd totally marry into the royal family. Having a weird marriage has got to be more tolerable while wearing a tiara. :P

No one's stopping you from putting on a tiara in Florida. I'm just sayin'. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

No one's stopping you from putting on a tiara in Florida. I'm just sayin'. :D:D

I was at Couch Freaks the weekend that Princess Di was killed.
I was in town and the ATM didn't work.

That Sunday, I bought a paper. I found out that the
ATM network had issues for a while.
Also, the printer for the Univ of Iowa has misspelled the word "University" on their diplomas.
And, sadly, Di was in the car wreck. (Not making light of someones death.)

However, all that news was on page 3.
One third of the front page of the Des Moines Register (newspaper) was a pic of a two-headed pig.
That's just weird.

Actually, I would think a royal gets less action than most regular folks do.
Consider the scandals that would erupt when these lovers and ex-lovers start talking and publishing books and conceiving royal heirs out of wedlock. It's just not... proper. :o

Even if we assume William and Harry have being doing their girlfriends exclusively, they would certainly have been cautioned to be very "safe", for the same reasons mentioned above.

Next question:

Hell yeah,
Approaching my middle age, I'm more of a mercenary now than a romantic. The ££, the stature, the perks, the security, even the legacy. I want in.

I lost interest in the royals when they stopped chopping off heads. when's the last time you saw that in the newspapers.

But to answer your questions...No and No.
1. I'm not the marryin' kind...royal or no.

2. Who the hell wants everyone watching, and razzing, you for all the stupid shit you do? I get enough of that at the DZ...and DZ.com.

But I'd support Skymama in her endeavors....tiara....man's shirt...*SWOON*

And on behalf of the UK media, just to help out sales, I'd support Turtle for marrying into the family.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was at Couch Freaks the weekend that Princess Di was killed.

We were at a dropzone in France - near Paris, as it happens. The locals were glued to the TV, and I think were mortified at having to give us the bad news. We thought it was sad, sure, but we didn't see any reason to stop jumping!

Diana's death really emphasised this weird celebrity culture sickness at the heart of society. I found the whole public outpouring of grief depressing and embarrassing - people who refuse to speak to members of their own family, wailing at the 'loss' of someone they didn't even know except as a half-real figure on TV. :|