skybytch

The most useless post you can make

In the topical forums, the posts that are the most useless to others are the ones that say nothing more than "PM sent."

The forums are about sharing information. If you don't want to share information with the world that's fine; go ahead and send a PM. It impresses no one when you announce that you know how to send a PM.

If you have knowledge, why not share it with everyone? If you're worried that what you think you know will be proven wrong by those who do know or will be controversial, why share it at all?

IMHO, of course.

I am with you on that one. Other "annoying" posts:

1. The ones that consist only of ":)". You just waste time to read nothing. I also noticed some moderators do this too, in topical forums. Topical forums have become way more relaxed than they used to be whan it comes to eliminating "noise".

2. I hate thrads tilted "Question..." or "How about this?" or "I was wondering..." or "Let me ask this". It just does not let you know anyting about what's in the thread. If you want to ask a question about the Infinity reserve PC, title your thread "Infinity reserve PC question" instead of just "Queston".

I think it is appropriate in a topical forum because in Bonfire that type of post title is expected.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

"PM soon", which I've done once, let the person know I was going to send more sensitive reply by PM and to look for it. PM sent also lets the world know that the person, with whatever reputation they have, have replied. Knowing that billvon has replied to a sensitive or silly question might keep me from bothering. Or might want me to rebut.;)

So there is some use.:P

IMHOB|
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Someone send me a PM...

Is that better than PM Sent???

I had an english professor in college who said the word "incidentally" so many times the entire class kept count... It was as often as 2 times per minute on one "incidental" day...

A few months ago we had a string of posts that said "ask your instructor", I thought I was back in that nightmare class with a different word to count...

I almost suggested we have a special icon, like a :D - but different - just so people would not have to type the three words.:P

Unless it's a reply to a post asking for like an email address or something you want to keep private. Then you let the rest know the poster has the email address (olr whatever) already...

No I'm not guilty of posting PM's sent (but guilty of a bunch of other stuff so... :S:D)

ciel bleu,
Saskia