JohnRich

What's going on here?

seeing as how we've Never met....
Is that YOU??? JohnRich ???

... so then, yesterdays wet seat cushioning towel... spent the night right there... and the next morning was Frozen stiff......

clear skies @ night often equals coooolllddd temps...@ dawn....
radiational cooling...
jt

The attached photo is from a recent canoe-camping trip.
Can you guess what's going on in this photo?

You need to teach your wife how to do the laundry. To much starch and crap ironing:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Was the wind blowing 100 mph? Nope.

Was this visual trickery by propping the towel up with a stick from behind? Nope.

I had washed-up with this towel the night before, and laid it out flat on top of my cooler to dry overnight. The problem was, the temperature dropped below freezing overnight, so the wet towel, instead of drying out, froze solid. Thus, I can hold it up horizontally because it's as stiff as a board!

Yep, that's me, except I hadn't taken off the nighttime glasses and put my contact lenses in yet. At least those weren't frozen solid - I'd hate to put ice cubes in my eyes.

Thanks for the humor, guys. I hadn't thought of the similarity to the moon flag...