VincePetaccio

Pilot Chute + GoPro

Soooo I just bought a rig (on here! :o), and the seller threw in the old pilot chute that was in the rig before it was replaced. I was thinking about what I could do with it, and I thought it could be neat to attach a GoPro to it, facing down, and throw it off of roofs, up in the air, or even out of a plane for some neat perspectives.

Of course, the higher the altitude the harder it would be to recover, but right now I'm just thinking...

THOUGHTS?!
Come, my friends! 'Tis not too late to seek out a newer world!

Soooo I just bought a rig (on here! :o), and the seller threw in the old pilot chute that was in the rig before it was replaced. I was thinking about what I could do with it, and I thought it could be neat to attach a GoPro to it, facing down, and throw it off of roofs, up in the air, or even out of a plane for some neat perspectives.

Of course, the higher the altitude the harder it would be to recover, but right now I'm just thinking...

THOUGHTS?!

just tie it to your A lines and kite your canopy during a swoop comp.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

THOUGHTS?!

That's what I do now, but I can't do that when I'm snowboarding, cycling, or surfing. B|

THOUGHTS?!

That's what I do now, but I can't do that when I'm snowboarding, cycling, or surfing. B|

If you were any good - you could kite your canopy while you do anything - just use harness input.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I know, I know. I just keep getting line twist doing 360s on my snowboard.

The interwebz told me to just use more front riser.

Rears.

it would drop a bit too fast to make a good clip..

Richard Stewart had a cutaway filming the original Airmoves team ,(became airspeed) It was tangled in his helmet, so he unhooked his helmet first, then cutaway, James Lane caught the helmet...it made great footage, Especially when James said, "I can;t believe I just caught this"!B|:D

I think a pilot chute, unless at least 36 inches, will fuck up your camera!JMO

Go Pro's will take a lot of abuse!!
My friend and I mounted mine on his RC car numerous times and since he sucks at driving it and it's fast (around 50mph) it still works after multiple crashes.

LOL, we have mounted them many times on mountain bikes, and haven't fucked one up yet! I am ancious for out next trip to Hawaii, to scuba dive with it!

THOUGHTS?!

Hold that thought until you get good a spotting.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You don't have enough jumps to jump with a Go Pro. :)

:D:D:D Sorry, someone had to say it.

'course not. I don't want to jump with it, I want to throw it out of the door!

I own it primarily for snowboarding, cycling through the city, and some occasional surfing.

I have a number of medium power rockets (up to seven G motors) that can get your GoPro to several thousand feet! Have the pilotchute attached for when the recovery canopy comes out.

Maybe we can put in a periscope for some launch footage as well!

Jump more, post less!