Icon134

Dexter

ok... I have 6 months of Showtime for free right now and there's a new series on the channel about a forensic detective in Miami that moonlights as a serial killer.

and although its a rather disturbing show (for obvious reasons) its actually pretty good. has anybody else seen the show and what do you think about it?

Dexter is awesome, one of the few original shows actually worth watching on TV.

For those of us with better things to spend money on than Showtime (or who need to catch up), all but the current season are available on DVD/Bluray and Netflix "Watch Instantly" has the first two.

Showtime rocks and Dexter rules. Go back and watch the series from the beginning. Just amazing writing and incredible storylines. This season has been really amazing with John Lithgow as the Trinity killer. They killed Keith Carradine(Ironic?) No Limits. Too cool!

Alright, I thought that was gonna happen in Season 2, so that made the surprise now THAT much more intense.

I don't know what to say. That was the most twisted crazy ending to a show I've ever seen. DAMN YOU ARTHUR.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

I had thought that the end result might need to happen in order to move the show forward, but never saw this ending coming. What a sad thing, but it really does open up the possibilities for next season!

It's not exactly Star Trek, you always knew that the never seen before ensign was going to die. With Dexter it seems that any and everyone, save Dexter is expendable.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I was in bed sick all weekend, so I finally watched the entire first season and some of the second. It's a great show - very absorbing, so it was the perfect thing to take my mind off of the fact that I felt like crap. I particularly liked the episode where it showed who the "ice truck killer" was, because that took me by surprise. (OK, maybe it should have been obvious, but hey, I was whacked out on cold medicine.)

I don't have Showtime either, so I'll continue watching it on Netflix, which means that it will be a while before I get to see the current season.

Just caught on to this...

Am on the third episode of the first season.

I was going to post after the second episode regarding the awesome morning-breakfast-routine intro...

Neat show so far. Has its quietly hilarious moments. I like it! B|

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

We have finished the eighth episode of the first season.

Good news: Really like the show. It is fun.

Bad news: Predictable.

I will take entertaining predictable over mindless unpredictability any day. And maybe that is why it stays interesting when the viewer is allowed that "ah-ha" moment.

I seem to have those moments far too early, though. I have a love/hate relationship with surprise. Generally, I enjoy surprise.

Not surprised so far by Dexter, but still enjoying it.

I particularly liked the episode where it showed who the "ice truck killer" was, because that took me by surprise. (OK, maybe it should have been obvious, but hey, I was whacked out on cold medicine.)

I blame your cold medicine :P...

When they brought in the first "ice truck killer", it was clear the writers were leading us in the same direction as Dexter: This guy is not the killer. Still, it was a possibility, but the guy never popped a lozenge. That was the main thing the surviving victim could recall--that the killer was addicted to lozenges. There was no mention of the lozenges again and still has not been (I just finished the eighth episode when the doctor is revealed as the real ice truck killer), but the doctor as the real "ice truck killer" was really obvious to me, despite I kept waiting for him to pop a lozenge and he hasn't yet. There were all sorts of clues: The way he spoke about prosthetics. When he told Deb he studied the human form in Paris. When he wanted to make molds of her legs. The fact that he was interested in Deb (seemed an unusual match for a doctor to go for a cop), who just happens to be Dexter's sister.

As I posted before, I have yet to be surprised by anything in this show, but I still really enjoy it mostly because Dexter is so hilarious. I was not expecting the show to be a comedy before I watched it (was thinking it would be more twisted & sadistic), but that is what it is to me: A really witty, darkly funny show.

I was in bed sick all weekend, so I finally watched the entire first season and some of the second. It's a great show - very absorbing, so it was the perfect thing to take my mind off of the fact that I felt like crap. I particularly liked the episode where it showed who the "ice truck killer" was, because that took me by surprise. (OK, maybe it should have been obvious, but hey, I was whacked out on cold medicine.)

I don't have Showtime either, so I'll continue watching it on Netflix, which means that it will be a while before I get to see the current season.

You can watch Dexter on Casttv.com

I love this show, and this last season was the best. Lithgow was cast perfectly! I didn't see the finale ending coming at all! Gruesome but awesome!

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

How far along are you, now?

We are midway through Season Two. It has become significantly less predictable adding to my love of (and new obsession with) this series. We were actually a bit late to meet friends for dinner last night because we wanted to squeeze in an episode before we left. :$

Although, I am super-annoyed at the Lila storyline. :|

How far along are you, now?

I haven't had a chance to watch any more since the last time I posted, so I'm still just a few episodes into the second season.

Although, I am super-annoyed at the Lila storyline. :|

What is it that you're annoyed about? I guess all I know about her so far is that she's his NA sponsor and that she likes to steal things for her artwork. (But don't worry about spoiling anything for me. It'll be at least a couple of weeks before I get to watch more of it, so I'll have forgotten anything you mention by then. :P)