millertime24

Am I being paraniod?

If this was 2 white guys that came to your door, i hardly believe that you would even give it a second glance.

You are so wrong. I would never anwser my door. I usually grab my gun as well because I am paranoid of everybody. If anybody I knew was coming over, I would know about it ahead of time. Plenty of white people have came to my door that made me just as nervous as other race's. I live alone so I realize that I am more paranoid than the aveage person. But your sentence is ignorant.

Right, the middle class and lower class have been limited and life and have had to panic in any room they have. Only the elites in our society can afford to have a special room for panicking.

Last time I had a panic attack it was the cops knocking.
[:/]

I take that back...it was the in-laws dropping in uninvited and unexpected and catching you and the wife and friends doing things that never get spoken about in genteel public.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Some races earn it.:D

Here's a weird one for y'all. A few months ago we were sitting here at the house on a rainy weekend and a car pulls into the driveway. Female driver,guy gets out of the passenger side and goes to our front door. I answer the door,I always stand partially behind the door so someone can't see both of my hands and I can push the door closed if need be.

The guy starts in with this story about about "his boss" is opening a vacuum cleaner business in a town close by and he is getting paid to drive around and tell people about the business and wants to know if he can come in and show us a vacuum cleaner.

The entire time he has one hand behind him. I keep looking at his arm that is behind his back he eventually brings it around and he is holding a bottle of dish soap. When I asked what the fuck that was for he said something about if a dog tries to bite him or something.

I was already suspicious because I could see when they drove up that they didn't stop at any of my neighbors houses. I told him we weren't interested and told him to have a nice day.Called the cops and they couldn't find them. There is also no one opening a vacuum cleaner business in our town. I looked cause I was going to call and tell them they hired a moron to promote their business.

now, back to the racism, He was a sloppy dressed white trash.

Call the non-emergency number. Leave 911 open for the people calling in on their kids that won't go to school and people who need a ride to the ER because they have the flu.

BAHAHAHAHA.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Thanks Dave. So do you call 911 or is there a local station that you call? This is my first time experiencing this sort of behavior outside of the AOR (and we just radio'ed the cops there).

:D!!

:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hey how many times can you shoot them if you are quick and they have not gone down yet?

Is it bad form to do a mag dump?

This very question was covered in my CWL class a few years back. The answer (from a retired sheriff) was:

Lets say you shot the guy 9 times, here is exactly what you say to the cops filing the report:

8 Wasn't enough, 10 would have been too many.;)

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

If this was 2 white guys that came to your door, i hardly believe that you would even give it a second glance.

Nope, I would not care if they looked like Jehova's witnesses

There is not a reason in the world to come to my home if you do not know me.

And I live in a place where the end of the street is 400yds away, not close enough to save their lives if there is violence.

Hey how many times can you shoot them if you are quick and they have not gone down yet?

This very question was covered in my CWL class a few years back. The answer (from a retired sheriff) was:

Lets say you shot the guy 9 times, here is exactly what you say to the cops filing the report:

I already knew the answer, I was trying to make Dave laugh.

I already knew the answer, I was trying to make Dave laugh.

Tell him your personal carry is an airsoft pistol. :P

I was told by a person who did time for burglary that
he cased a place by riding his bicycle down a street.
You can ride a bicycle as slow and casually as you wish.
Plenty of time to look.
At 8am, which ones had cars.
At 10am, which cars are gone.
He robbed people when they weren't home.

A quick picture would have gone a long way, in terms
of describing people to the police.

We don't get a lot of walking traffic because the rednecks
that cause trouble do not like the neighborhood.
(our rednecks vs other rednecks)

A scruffy look is always a bad sign.
Bums will steal anything because they aren't afraid of jail.

Not that long ago, there were a bunch of houses being broken in to all over town. They had finally caught some people. What they were doing was, they would knock on the door a few times to see if anyone was home and after so many attempts with nobody answering, they would try to kick in the door.

Classic day-time burglary technique. When they knocked on my door I was sittin' on the crapper so it took a couple minutes to answer the door. When I did there was no one there...and I heard the sliding glass door in the back open. Voila! He was quite suprised to find an armed homeowner when he came around the corner.
SmugMug

it was a couple of hispanic guys with what appeared to be some rolling lugage. Naturally I grabed the GLOCK .40

LMFAO....:S

Ya, Paranoia...You live in fucking Utah bro...:D

edit:

Well, now that I actually think about it, it might be a concern...

I was thinking of moving there someday for my typical 3 month trial...should I be concerned?

I'm heavely armed, but believe in grace...I won't hurt a roach unless I have to.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

am i the only one who sees something along the lines of racial profiling here? I mean, i am in no way accusing the OP of being racist or anything along those lines. But, come on. If this was 2 white guys that came to your door, i hardly believe that you would even give it a second glance.

Two white guys doing the exact same thing as the OP described in my area would have concerned me even more! In my experience that would have put them in the desperate meth-head category and those are the guys that get stupid on a level of dangerous that you do not want to see!

What if they had been dressed like Mormon missionaries? Too close to Christmas for them, most of them are with family or new local "family." Besides, I know them in the area (they work out at my gym). So it would have been an alarm.

Like I referenced before in a different thread, actions and activities not make and model. Basically if the person at my door can't instantly produce a local solicitation permit, they're completely suspect regardless of what race they are. If they got the permit, then they have already produced ID and their company/business has been verified.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It took 45 minutes for the police to get there. This is after the 45 seconds for the alarm to go off, then they call the house, then they call the cell and I tell them to send the police. I almost beat the cops there. The only thing I can tell that an alarm is good for is to tell you what time it happened.

Ask Peanut about having video of the perpetrator. :D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

One of my coworkers used to live about 6 doors down from us in our neighborhood. A few years ago, when they were on vacation, their alarm went off. The alarm company ended up calling his and my job location. The boss paged me, and told me the alarm company wanted to know if someone from our house could go down to Brian's house and check it out.:o:S I called Valinda, told her to grab her gun and go check the outside.

If that's the armed response these kind of companies try to advertise, I'm very underwhelmed.:|:|

I called Valinda, told her to grab her gun and go check the outside.

I'm sorry... what were we talking about again?:$:P

I called Valinda, told her to grab her gun and go check the outside.

Somehow V just gets hotter and hotter. I mean it's shitty that she has to arm herself and possibly protect her family/property, but V with a gun... EPIC! Pics would actually be good (prefferebly with a Remmington 1100).;)

But as for an update, I havent seen anything in the papers nor have I heard from these guys since. Hopefully it was just a couple people trying to make a buck and nothing more.
Muff #5048

But as for an update, I havent seen anything in the papers ...

You can call the department and ask a patrol supervisor what became of the call, but unless the people involved killed a busload of disabled orphan kids from Canada or kidnapped a hot-rich-preppy-white-chick, you won't see it in the news. The media just doesn't care, even though the public does.

99% of the calls and arrests and important things like possible burglars in a neighborhood isn't reported in the media.

99% of the calls and arrests and important things like possible burglars in a neighborhood isn't reported in the media.

Thanks for that. Ill give the Layton PD a call in the morning to see if they found anything. The officer on the phone was very helpfull and gave me his name, phone number, and badge number (whatever that is) so I could contact him directly for any future problems.

BTW, after I phoned the cops I saw a cop car after less than 10min driving around through my appt complex.
Muff #5048

But as for an update, I havent seen anything in the papers ...

You can call the department and ask a patrol supervisor what became of the call, but unless the people involved killed a busload of disabled orphan kids from Canada or kidnapped a hot-rich-preppy-white-chick, you won't see it in the news. The media just doesn't care, even though the public does.

Its amazing what doesn't make the news... sad...

How many Officer Smiths work in your county? How many Officer Smith with a badge number of 123 work in your county?

Badge numbers are many times used by officers when signing documents and reports as well.

What that officer was doing is called "community orientated policing." That's when officers who are assigned to a certain area do what would be called "networking" in the business world. Getting to know who is there, what they drive, what belongs, etc. They also work to get to know people in the area to help identify and solve problems.

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/default.asp?item=36