d_squared431

What the hell is wrong with todays youth?

I don't care if it was a miss dial or not. Dammit, when I answer the phone and say hello nicely I do not want to hear someone say hello back. Pisses me off. Don't people know what basic phone etiquette is?

Person answering the phone must say: hello

Person calling must respond with: may I speak to or is (insert name) there?

The person calling should never respond with "hello".

So my response to the teen calling was....

When a person answers the phone with "hello" you as the caller should respond with ..."may I speak to or is such and such there. You as a caller should never just say hello after the person who is answering the phone says "hello".

the teen then said " I think i have the wrong number.. I said "I am sure you do"
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I hate it when I call a place of business and the person just answers the phone with "hello"... it always initially makes me think I have the wrong number. >:(

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I don't care if it was a miss dial or not. Dammit, when I answer the phone and say hello nicely I do not want to hear someone say hello back. Pisses me off. Don't people know what basic phone etiquette is?

When a person answers the phone with "hello" you as the caller should respond with ..."may I speak to or is such and such there. You as a caller should never just say hello after the person who is answering the phone says "hello".

the teen then said " I think i have the wrong number.. I said "I am sure you do"

The one that really pisses me off is when I call someone and they answer the phone

"Yea"

I hate when people call and start asking who I am. You called me. Introduce yourself before you start demanding my information.

I always start out with a greeting and introduction before asking for assistance. IE: "Good morning! My name is David Johnson. I'm trying to find Sam."
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Fortunately for me, I don't have any problems with phone calls. I haven't HAD a phone since oh, I guess, about late 2005.

But just to join in on the fun, I hated it when people just started blabbing away without identifying themselves.

"Whoa! Just who the hell is this, anyway?"

Funny story:
When we first moved into our new house we got a new number and it evidently used to belong to a bail bondsman.

We got many, many calls from the jailhouse from bozos wanting to bail out of jail. It took about two years for one of them to finally scratch the number off the wall.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Fortunately for me, I don't have any problems with phone calls. I haven't HAD a phone since oh, I guess, about late 2005.

But just to join in on the fun, I hated it when people just started blabbing away without identifying themselves.

"Whoa! Just who the hell is this, anyway?"

Funny story:
When we first moved into our new house we got a new number and it evidently used to belong to a bail bondsman.

We got many, many calls from the jailhouse from bozos wanting to bail out of jail. It took about two years for one of them to finally scratch the number off the wall.

You missed a heckuvan opportunity! You could've cashed in on that deal.

Chuck

What the hell is wrong with today's old folks!?

Times changes and you need to accept it! I bet your parents were scorning you for going to that provocative, hip-thrusting Elvis Presely's concerts. But it was the sound of your generation.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch my rap music on MTV, respond to a salutation with ANOTHER salutation, and spend 20 minutes texting when a 10 second phone call would have sufficed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Damn Girl...have you ever considered anger management classes?

The title of this thread is an oxymoron, since you are raising today's youth. :P

shit, the only thing i wanna raise is some hell. ill leave the youth to the unselfish peopleB|

I was born in a different time. My folks were tea-totalin' church goin' people. I'm the only hell my mama ever raised. Wow. That would make a good country song.

;)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Hello.
Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline:

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want, so just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn’t matter which number you press. No one will answer.

If you have an oppositional personality disorder, just smash the receiver against the wall several times and we’ll get back to you.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

What the hell is wrong with today's old folks!?

Times changes and you need to accept it! I bet your parents were scorning you for going to that provocative, hip-thrusting Elvis Presely's concerts. But it was the sound of your generation.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch my rap music on MTV, respond to a salutation with ANOTHER salutation, and spend 20 minutes texting when a 10 second phone call would have sufficed.

You'll understand in about 20 - 30-yrs.

...and I'll take wisdom over youth,any day!;)

Chuck
Chuck

Hello.
Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline:

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want, so just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn’t matter which number you press. No one will answer.

If you have an oppositional personality disorder, just smash the receiver against the wall several times and we’ll get back to you.

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/330430/mental-hotline-ringtone/
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."