Coreece

Is it an insult to call an older woman a cougar?

I'd rather be a MILF than a Cougar.

MILF implies that the guy is doing all the thinking and lusting. Cougar implies that it's the woman.

It's still not nice for women to be as horny as men, unless they already have a guy to be horny with. Guys can cruise; women who do are sluts.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

MILF implies that the guy is doing all the thinking and lusting. Cougar implies that it's the woman.

It's still not nice for women to be as horny as men, unless they already have a guy to be horny with. Guys can cruise; women who do are sluts.

Wendy P.

You say slut like it is a bad thing[:/]

To many of us it is like an advanced degree in fuckingB|

OK, so let's say she gives you another chance. Let's review your emergency procedures.

She says: "Do these jeans make my thighs look heavy?"

15 seconds to impact. What do you do?

You say "No, those jeans don't make your thighs look heavy," And you DON"T SAY OUT LOUD "Your thighs look heavy no matter what, the jeans have nothing to do with it." :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

[replyBTW, a MILF is a "mother I'd like to f&^!" so not based on age, but the fact that she's had at least one kid and is still really hot.

No; the tacit implication of MILF is "someone at least old enough to be the mother of a teenage boy who is old enough to have sex".

I disagree with you on this one, Andy. Although your tacit implication matches the movie that made the acronym famous, the definition of "mom" certainly includes women with grade school or younger kids that still look hot. At least in my book. Now if they can still look great by the time the kids are in college, that's even better. :)

Not saying that. The point was that no matter what there is a man with a fetish for it. Commonly known as the Rule 34 of the Internet.

Hmm, I don't think a woman over forty can only attract a fetishist.

i'm only 28 and b) I don't see any point in bogging myself down with a relationship.

Well, I'm sure you won't have any trouble there with staying out of relationships. Just keep talking to them the way you have.:P

So you're only 28. Fair enough. When I was in my twenties I didn't date anyone past their thirties. Not that I cared, just older usually meant married, and I stay out of that. Now I'm married (happily) and in my fifties. I look at forty year olds and think "mmm, younger women." :P So say what you want about me being old as dirt, etc. I don't care. With a little luck you'll live to be fifty also, and then you'll look back and realize maybe you were a little too judgemental in your youth. You'll also appreciate a vivacious forty year old. ;)

[replyBTW, a MILF is a "mother I'd like to f&^!" so not based on age, but the fact that she's had at least one kid and is still really hot.

No; the tacit implication of MILF is "someone at least old enough to be the mother of a teenage boy who is old enough to have sex".

I disagree with you on this one, Andy. Although your tacit implication matches the movie that made the acronym famous, the definition of "mom" certainly includes women with grade school or younger kids that still look hot. At least in my book. Now if they can still look great by the time the kids are in college, that's even better. :)

Nah, think about this logically. If the implied meaning of MILF included 20 year old girls who happened to have already given birth, why have a separate term at all? It's not a "literally correct" term, where "motherhood" is the variable; it's an "old enough to be my mom, but still hot" term.

Nah, think about this logically. If the implied meaning of MILF included 20 year old girls who happened to have already given birth, why have a separate term at all? It's not a "literally correct" term, where "motherhood" is the variable; it's an "old enough to be my mom, but still hot" term.

And I've never heard or seen the term MILF applied to a younger woman, it's usually mid to upper thirties, mother or not.

Cougar is generally applied to women in their mid to upper forties.

And even when I was in my twenties, there were some hot looking cougars, skill and experience usually beats out youth and enthusiasm ;)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Wendy P.

If a key opens a lot of locks its called a master key, if a lock is opened by a lot of keys its called a shitty lock.

Not saying that. The point was that no matter what there is a man with a fetish for it. Commonly known as the Rule 34 of the Internet.

Hmm, I don't think a woman over forty can only attract a fetishist.

i'm only 28 and b) I don't see any point in bogging myself down with a relationship.

Well, I'm sure you won't have any trouble there with staying out of relationships. Just keep talking to them the way you have.:P

So you're only 28. Fair enough. When I was in my twenties I didn't date anyone past their thirties. Not that I cared, just older usually meant married, and I stay out of that. Now I'm married (happily) and in my fifties. I look at forty year olds and think "mmm, younger women." :P So say what you want about me being old as dirt, etc. I don't care. With a little luck you'll live to be fifty also, and then you'll look back and realize maybe you were a little too judgemental in your youth. You'll also appreciate a vivacious forty year old. ;)

If I live to be that old I'll probably become one those angry old men constantly yelling 'you fucking kids get of my fucking lawn' kind of a guy.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Now I'm married (happily) and in my fifties. I look at forty year olds and think "mmm, younger women." :P So say what you want about me being old as dirt, etc. I don't care. With a little luck you'll live to be fifty also, and then you'll look back and realize maybe you were a little too judgemental in your youth. You'll also appreciate a vivacious forty year old. ;)

Aw, now that's cute. I'll be 40 in less than 6 months. Thanks for appreciating us "young" vivacious girls, John! ;)

In all honesty, I feel that I'm a much better, happier, more beautiful (inside and out) woman now, than I was when I was in my 20s. I feel the same about the "older" men, whom I date. It's all good. :)
Maybe it's the fact that we skydive, or maybe we're just meant to be like this naturally, but many of the most beautiful, amazing people, whom i know are 30-something and older skydivers. That includes you and Valinda, John! B|

Quit bragging! :P;):D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Aw, now that's cute. I'll be 40 in less than 6 months. Thanks for appreciating us "young" vivacious girls, John! ;)

If you entering the forties doesn't change his mind about 40 y.o.'s, then he's got no pulse.;):D

but many of the most beautiful, amazing people, whom i know are 30-something and older skydivers.

It my be just my personal preferences too, but I agree 100%. Skydivers are my favorite people. The women in our sport? Amazing. :)

Now I'm married (happily) and in my fifties. I look at forty year olds and think "mmm, younger women." :P So say what you want about me being old as dirt, etc. I don't care. With a little luck you'll live to be fifty also, and then you'll look back and realize maybe you were a little too judgemental in your youth. You'll also appreciate a vivacious forty year old. ;)

In all honesty, I feel that I'm a much better, happier, more beautiful (inside and out) woman now, than I was when I was in my 20s. I feel the same about the "older" men, whom I date. It's all good. :)
Maybe it's the fact that we skydive, or maybe we're just meant to be like this naturally, but many of the most beautiful, amazing people, whom i know are 30-something and older skydivers. That includes you and Valinda, John! B|

As we get older, we guys tend to appreciate the engine more than the paint job, too bad we're so slow on the uptake.

It takes character to make it down the road of life, sometimes that road gets rough...it leaves lines, scars and stories, all of which are just a badge of courage IMHO!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I use MILF for any woman that has or is having a kid. By your definition I've insulted pretty much everyone I've said that too since I'm 36. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hi Girl,

I'll be 40 in less than 6 months.

For some reason I think you will do well on the POPS circuit. :P

JerryBaumchen

That's funny! I'm usually too busy trying to dodge the 20-something to 30-something jumpers. They're always the first to ask me out. It doesn't matter much. I see skydivers as friends, not potential dates. ;)

I posted because I thought that it was funny that the "older" people see 40 as so young, while the "younger" ones see 40 as so "old". It's all about perspective. Personally speaking, I'm very excited about entering my 40s...a new phase in my life. I definitely feel like life just keeps getting better and better.
(It helps that I look pretty much the same as I did 15 years ago. Thanks, Mom & Dad!) Anyway, life would be much happier for everyone if we didn't worry so much about getting "older". It's all good! :)