Zep

Power naps

I start at 07.00 work through till 15.00 and always take a power nap (20- 40 minutes.
For me and my time of life ( I'm an old bugger) a power nap
does me a world of good.

What about you?

Edit to add. I live in the land of the Siesta.

Gone fishing

About 20 minutes and I can go till midnite.
You know you've mastered the power/combat nap when in that 20 minutes you can go into REM, dream, and wake-up like you've had 8 hours sleep.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

20 minutes, wake up with indentations on your face from the folds in the bedding, drool, and your head totally fogged from the nap.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This. 20 minutes, I'm great. Anything more than 30, and I'm trashed for the rest of the day.[:/]

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

We have these weird massage chairs at work. They have massage programs that vary from 10 to 15 minutes. For some reason I can sleep while the chair is doing its thing and as an added bonus when the chair stops its program I usually wake from the interruption. I can get a really nice nap and it is much more effective then drinking gallons of coffee through out the day.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Don't really like 'em during the work day unless I'm sick or really didn't get enough sleep the night before. I tend to want to lie down longer than 20 minutes, so then I come back groggy.

But when I was on a combination of flexeril and vicodin last fall, I was grateful for the fact that I could work at home and steal into the bedroom for some lie-down time.

And I love a good weekend nap. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke