shah269

People say some very stupid $hit!

People say some very stupid $hit!

People really say dome very stupid shit!
Stuff that makes you wonder....wow can one really go senile that early in life?

Having lunch with some people, all well educated all well on their way to a very good career and hopefully life.
Woman asks "How is dating going?"
Me "Eh, with my job and where I live it's not easy to meet young women my age who are single."
Woman "Oh you should enjoy being single..." :S

Yo dumbass...if I enjoyed being single why on god's green earth would I be spending my time going out on dates?

Another time, large group.
One woman who has been unemployed for the good part of a year had recently been on an interview.
Woman 1 "So how was that interview last week?"
Woman 2 "Eh, it's depressing. I have too much experience for entry jobs but that's all that is offered in the field."
Woman 1 "Oh you should really enjoy your time off.":S

Yo dumb ass...if the woman enjoyed being unemployed why on god's green earth would she be putting her resume out and going out on interviews?

It's enough to make your head hurt! Any of you have any good examples?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yo dumbass...if I enjoyed being single why on god's green earth would I be spending my time going out on dates?

being single != being celibate
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yeah, here ya go: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=shah269&sb=score&mh=25
Hardy har har.....

The one that got me was, being rude to the woman who has been out of work for almost a year.
"Enjoy your time off...." WTF is the matter with you?
Who says somethig that STUPID after someone states that they just came from an interview?

What a DUMB ASS!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Yeah, here ya go: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=shah269&sb=score&mh=25
Hardy har har.....

The one that got me was, being rude to the woman who has been out of work for almost a year.
"Enjoy your time off...." WTF is the matter with you?
Who says somethig that STUPID after someone states that they just came from an interview?

What a DUMB ASS!

People don't understand the situation somebody else may be in and as a result don't have a clue as to what is and is not cool to say.

With 20% of the US population currently under employed, one of the most rude questions I hear people routinely ask other people is, "so, what do you do for a living?"

This cuts deep in two ways;

1) The person may not be doing -anything- right now other than just trying to get by.

2) Even if the person does have a job, it reduces that person to just another consumable "human resource" rather than an actual person. In other words, it makes what you do, more important than who you are.

This is perfectly natural though considering how people have been reduced in the last several decades to being identified at that level.

"Oh, you're the (insert job title here)." Rather than "Bob."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Woman 1 "Oh you should really enjoy your time off."
I've never hit a woman but this dumb ass needed a good back hand to bring her back down to earth!
You should enjoy your time off? WTF! Really!

What next "Oh you should enjoy your cancer? Your ill healthy? Your pain?" WTF! Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down!

How about "I'm sorry to hear that I hope things go better." Is that too hard to say? God! Or a simple "That sucks"

And if it was just one person I would be ok with it...but so many stupid people say so many stupid things!

>Yo dumbass...if I enjoyed being single why on god's green earth would I
>be spending my time going out on dates?

Because single people often enjoy dating. I did, for the most part.

>Yo dumb ass...if the woman enjoyed being unemployed why on god's
>green earth would she be putting her resume out and going out on
>interviews?

Because people often enjoy vacations. After I quit my second job I took some time off. Had a great time skydiving and whatnot - but was also looking for a job.

>Yo dumbass...if I enjoyed being single why on god's green earth would I
>be spending my time going out on dates?

Because single people often enjoy dating. I did, for the most part.

>Yo dumb ass...if the woman enjoyed being unemployed why on god's
>green earth would she be putting her resume out and going out on
>interviews?

Because people often enjoy vacations. After I quit my second job I took some time off. Had a great time skydiving and whatnot - but was also looking for a job.

Or, it's just that people are trying to be positive and supportive and may not always say exactly the right or perfect thing but generally have their heart in the right place.

It's easy to look for negativity and pick apart everything someone says, or you can take it in the spirit in which it was (most likely) intended and consider it a part of basic social conversational skills to not rip them a new one for saying something they thought was a nice thing to say.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

1) SOME girls likes dating, it's called a "FREE MEAL" ddduuuh!....bla bla bla

2) The woman has been out of a job for the past year, she did not look exactly pleased that her last interview had not gone well.

Trying to defend the ladder with the issue of employment in this economy....really? :S

How about if you were hurt and had to spend a few weeks on the couch in pain with limited movement and some dumb ass came over and said "Oh how great you can catch up on your daily soaps!"

I'm guessing you may want to slap them upside the head?

Or, it's just that people are trying to be positive and supportive and may not always say exactly the right or perfect thing but generally have their heart in the right place.

Maybe it's just me, but I see what you are saying but....I don't get it... "enjoy the XYZ..."?
HU?
What is there to enjoy? If it was a "joy" the person would not be taking steps to change their station.
What is this some sort of new age Buddhist thinking I'm not privy to? Enjoy the situation which you reluctantly find yourself in and are working had to get out of?
What a dumb ass thing to say to someone?
"Oh you are without a job and have been on a dozen interviews over the past 4 months with no return calls....oh just enjoy your newly found unpaid staycation."

1) EVERY girl likes dating, it's called a "FREE MEAL" ddduuuh!

Seriously? You might want to edited that with "some" girls :S

No wonder you haven't found a meaningful relationship.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

>How about if you were hurt and had to spend a few weeks on the couch in
>pain with limited movement and some dumb ass came over and said "Oh
>how great you can catch up on your daily soaps!"

Best to get angry! Perhaps you could crawl after him and head butt him in the knee.

Why, just the other day an idiot asked me what I was doing this weekend. I said I was skydiving. He said "great, have fun!" Yo dumbass...if skydiving was so much fun, why would they pay me to do it? And don't they know how dangerous it is? I'm sure you'd agree that that guy was a real asshole.

Nothing wrong with saying "have fun"
You are doing what you love and well "Hope you have fun" as in "He hopes that you will have a safe and fun experience which will live up to your expectations." for short "have fun"

What gets me is that all this dumb ass with the "enjoy your time off" could have said was "sorry to hear that" and all would have been well. I mean how freaking out of touch must you be to say "ENJOY your time off." WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SAYS ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF AS AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON FOR THE PAST YEAR!

I mean really have your freaking head examined! WAKE UP!
Enjoy your time off....how about you enjoy a flat tire during the pouring rain in the middle of winter on a busy highway? Why don't you enjoy having your teeth pulled...yo dumb ass! The woman is unemployed and is working hard to NOT BE FREAKINE UNEMPLOYED! And you tell her to "ENJOY" her unwanted station?

And the funny thing and maybe it's just me...I hear really asinine lines like this mostly from soccer moms. I know kids lower your IQ due to lack of sleep and all that fun stuff...but I never knew they stripped you of your inability to empathize.

Seriously? You might want to edited that with "some" girls :S

No wonder you haven't found a meaningful relationship.

"it was a bad date.....you had to pay for half of your meal? You really should enjoy your time out with people more....."

See where I'm going with this.

Easy answer would have been, "Sorry, you are right."
Dumb ass answer was....

1) SOME girls likes dating, it's called a "FREE MEAL" ddduuuh!....bla bla bla

2) The woman has been out of a job for the past year, she did not look exactly pleased that her last interview had not gone well.

Trying to defend the ladder with the issue of employment in this economy....really? :S

How about if you were hurt and had to spend a few weeks on the couch in pain with limited movement and some dumb ass came over and said "Oh how great you can catch up on your daily soaps!"

I'm guessing you may want to slap them upside the head?

Not to worry duuuuude.. that sub size 8 woman that does not know how to recognize misogyny probably will not eat too much anyway.

Slappin women up side the head is so manly... lots of cultures see it as a great way to keep women in line.

Lemme guess:
The woman who told the unemployed woman to enjoy her time off, has an employed husband?

Yeah!
Hu...maybe I missed something?

Ok smarty patnses...girl says dumb line what is the PC line for "slap him/her/it upside the head for knocking some sense into them?"Look you wanted equality? You got it! And as such are equally eligible for being slapped upside the head when you do or say dumb things much like any guy. Don't like it.....too bad. You are now equal.

Lemme guess:
The woman who told the unemployed woman to enjoy her time off, has an employed husband?

Yeah!
Hu...maybe I missed something?

Ok smarty patnses...girl shah269 says dumb line what is the PC line for "slap him/her/it upside the head for knocking some sense into them?"Look you wanted equality? You got it! And as such are equally eligible for being slapped upside the head when you do or say dumb things much like any guy. Don't like it.....too bad. You are now equal.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Ok smarty patnses...girl says dumb line what is the PC line for "slap him/her/it upside the head for knocking some sense into them?"Look you wanted equality? You got it! And as such are equally eligible for being slapped upside the head when you do or say dumb things much like any guy. Don't like it.....too bad. You are now equal.

I'm no liberal feminist defender by any means but shut the fuck up, seriously.

There is never any excuse for violence against women, ever.

I'm no liberal feminist defender by any means but shut the fuck up, seriously.

There is never any excuse for violence against women, ever.

So guy does something dumb you can say "What a dumb ass, slap that him upside the head."
If a girl does something dumb.....you...say...."Hi, would you like to go out for a drink later?"

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/she-ronald-says-gtfo.jpg

To woman was a dumb ass, she sould have simply stated "Sorry to hear about that..." not "enjoy...." I MEAN WTF!

And I hear this crap all the time? WTF is up with people! :S

and maybe it's just me...

DING DING DING

I am underemployed right now and it wouldn’t bother me if someone said "Oh you should really enjoy your time off." Some of us try (and I emphasize try) not to be negative about it. I have tried, between the work I do have and looking for other work, to do things I won’t be able to do when I am fully employed again. It is called making the best of it.

When I was dating I did enjoy being single. I wasn’t looking or trying to not be single anymore, it just happened.