SpeedRacer

May is Zombie Awareness Month

May is Zombie Awareness Month. It is important to remain aware when zombies are around.

To show your support, why not wear a symbolic gray ribbon, and watch some zombie movies with friends this month to help educate people and promote awareness of zombies.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Which zombies are we talking about; old school zombies under the control of a voodoo spell , slow shambling Night of the Living Dead zombies or the much more nimble modern zombie apocalypse zombies?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

We can't be sure, but since we've got a whole month, just make sure you see more than one zombie film!;)

I dunno man. I'm looking at the May release schedule and the scariest f'in' zombie flick to me looks like this one.

I'm not sure I can go see that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hmm, I better get out in the shop and do some more reloading. I'm down to about 150 rounds of .30'06. That's hardly enough for the apocalypse. :S

John,

What 30-06 "recipe" do you use for Zombie plinkin'?
I'm kind-of partial to 168grn HPBT bullets over 46.5grn's of IMR4895. ;)

165 gr SPBT with 52 grains Hogdon 380. Good mix for my semi-auto. :)

------

"The finest battlefield implement ever devised" - George S. Patton

M1 Garand.:)

:o

John... how's using Hogdon 380 working for you loading for an M1? Caveat... I'm no expert, but was under the impression that when it comes to loading for a Garand, one best stick to IMR4895 or IMR4064 (or powders that burn in that range), but I do see H380 is encompassed by some other Garand specific recipes (at least in Hornady's 7th edition) so I'm figuring its safe.

Anyway, wouldn't want to bend the op rod on your Garand while defending the homestead against a zombie night attack. ;)

I will not only watch a Zombie movie or 3 but I will also fire up Resident Evil and practice killing them :)

i personally much prefer left 4 dead. gotta love the hoards that you can kill with the guitar :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

What 30-06 "recipe" do you use for Zombie plinkin'?
I'm kind-of partial to 168grn HPBT bullets over 46.5grn's of IMR4895. ;)

For my Garands I use 168's HPBTM with 45.5 gr. of IMR 4895. A little less hot than yours. OAL 3.340. Good in a Garand out to 600 yards. That's the "M72" military "National Match" load.