skymama

Hurricane Irene

Well, since I'm in the disaster response business and have been in every hurricane since 2004...
I flew into Virginia Beach last night.
Drinks anyone? :D

So, then, is this you? :) (warning: NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY4gJoKwtAQ (VA Hurricane Weather Report)

>:(

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'm surprised that more of us on the east coast aren't posting.

They might not have power, or might have better things to do. :P

I'm wondering how east coast DZs in Irene's path have fared / will fair?

I hope well with little or no damage.

I heard that Ellington (Skydive Connecticut) flew their Otter off to safer ground.

I'm wondering how east coast DZs in Irene's path have fared / will fair? I hope well with little or no damage. I heard that Ellington (Skydive Connecticut) flew their Otter off to safer ground.

Without going into much detail, I've seen much bigger planes being moved 'to safer ground' because of this storm. Seems like a good idea to move your multi-million dollar plane.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm wondering how east coast DZs in Irene's path have fared / will fair? I hope well with little or no damage. I heard that Ellington (Skydive Connecticut) flew their Otter off to safer ground.

I called Home Depot's help line for a completely unrelated hardware question yesterday and was told that they were completely swamped with thousands of calls for generators. Unfortunately they had completely run out of their local supply back east, but were hurriedly shipping as many as they could, as quickly as they could, to the upcoming disaster areas. Guess those further north just don't expect this kind of storm to normally reach them!

It's raining. Oh and we did have gust that was about 10 mph.:o:D Wine opened and swimmies on!;)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Some of us still have kids at home [:/]

Drinking instead :o:) After all, that case of D.P. that I inherited isn't going to drink itself :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I called Home Depot's help line for a completely unrelated hardware question yesterday and was told that they were completely swamped with thousands of calls for generators. Unfortunately they had completely run out of their local supply back east, but were hurriedly shipping as many as they could, as quickly as they could, to the upcoming disaster areas. Guess those further north just don't expect this kind of storm to normally reach them!

No, I think its more like most folks don't prepare for this kind of sh*t until the last minute.

When I was a kid growing up in PA, I remember when hurricane Agnes tore up the east coast. We were prepared with plenty of canned goods, water (including I remember mom cleaning one of the bath tubs really well so we cold fill it up with extra water), dad readying the camp stove with extra fuel (white gas) in case power went out for awhile, not to mention lots of candles and flashlights and preparing to sleep in the living room instead of the upstairs bed rooms.

I remember it raining so hard, it looked like water falls coming off of everything and the street was a river.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Agnes

We got a few jumps in this morning at the ranch but the clouds rolled in real thick and they started making arrangements to make the planes safe.

:S Wow... I've jumped during thunderstorm conditions, wasn't the smartest things I ever did... but never thought to jump during an approaching hurricane... :D

Chesapeake, Virginia- No power, but running essentials on a generator (water pump, refrigerator, modem, lights, and phone charger). Flooding is bad and supposed to get much worse. Two B-vent leaks with holes in ceilings to let the water drip into buckets. Trees down in road and winds expected to pick up in a few hours. This will be a bad one, but probably not as bad as some others. In the past, we have gone three weeks without power.

Well, since I'm in the disaster response business and have been in every hurricane since 2004...

You wouldn't believe the kooks out here...
I mean right in the hotel here in Norfolk...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

How is that NSFW?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

How is that NSFW?

Perhaps you missed the lower transmission was exposed? :P

How is that NSFW?

Perhaps you missed the lower transmission was exposed? :P

Actually I had... where's that damn mental bleach?:|

The power is out for real now >:( wind like crazy. Heard two trees go down, but cant see. As long as they dont hit the house we're good.

Isabelle wasnt this radical

Sent from phone, sorry. Yikes

We Caiifornia girls can do earthquakes, but this hurricaine stuff sucks

Send good thoughtsvto all of the east coast

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Checking in from MD here. On the tail end of it now. The news is saying there were tornadoes last night too.:S Winds are whipping pretty good!:S Haven't had a chance to walk around the outside of house to check for damage yet. A little water in basement, but nothing I can't handle. So far electric is still on, we'll see what the wind does.:o

What week...earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes oh my!:o

Dz " I don't we're in Kansas anymore" diva;)

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."