skymama

Hurricane Irene

I had a monster tree branch crash into my house at 2A.M. and i now have an indoor swimming pool where my basement used to be.

So sorry to hear that! I hope it's something insurance will cover.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Now its a party!! I had a monster tree branch crash into my house at 2A.M. and i now have an indoor swimming pool where my basement used to be.B|

damn...well at least you have somewhere to do your water safety training for your B license. ;)

Seriously though, sorry to hear that!! Hope insurance covers it and your house will be back to 100% quickly. Glad that you and your family are safe!

Thanks Mama , they better pay up or Ill be pissed. The eye of the storm just went over and it was so weird the sun came out bright and beautiful!! Attached is a picture of the aftermath.

Now you have a moat to keep the black knight at bay :P

Hope everyone is ok. Things like this suck!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

For the record, the whole East Coast got off really easy with this, especially the NE.

Just 6-12 hours before landfall she ingested plenty of dry air from the SW which weakened her quite a bit. Ironically as she made landfall in the OBX she intensified a bit and may have possible just been bordering category 2 hurricane. But at the same time, these hurricane force winds were extremely isolated and most places saw around 40-50mph sustained.

When it hit New York it was just a tropical storm, high end tropical storm but a tropical storm none the less. The weakening was caused by more masses of dry air, shear and colder SSTs. She almost began to have a Nor'Easter appearance.

While there may be areas hit by some damage, know that if the original forecast had held up, that damage would be a lot worse.

The media over-hyped the storm as they usually do, which is dangerous and breeds complacency. There will be more landfalls this year with the peak season just starting, hopefully no one now thinks that because Irene hit and didn't do much damage, that it means that they shouldn't need to evacuate if a similar forecast is given.

There's already Invest 92L out there which may become a depression today, and some models move it west towards to the east coast in about 12 days (subject to massive change) it will likely become Katia, Katrinas replacement name (6 year name rotation if a storm is retired)

thanks for all the great info that youve posted from the start. It was actually funny on saturday the NYC news channels were still trying to hype up "The Deadly Storm" and then you flip to the national weather channel and they were saying how we were getting lucky and it wasnt half as bad. Personally i got my ass kicked but im glad it didnt turn out to be as bad as they tried to make it.
Wait , I pull what first?