jrmrangers

What the hell am I going to do!?!?!

This was my first season ( I live in the north east USA ) of skydiving and I have the bug, BAD. Whenever I have to skip a week of jumping I miss it like a crack head misses the pipe!! How the hell am I supposed to survive a winter with limited jumping? I already have one trip south planned, but i know I'll be looking for more!
Wait , I pull what first?

I know what you're going through. Until this season, I lived in California and had great jumping weather all year. Now I'm in Oklahoma and am not looking forward to what may be a slower winter. I plan to take plenty of trips to warmer weather. Good luck.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

After my first skydiving season ended (I'm in New England), I went to Z-hills 3 times over that Winter.

You can address "adrenaline withdrawals" with:

- travelling South.
- man/woman up and jump in the cold (I don't know where you are, but CPI in CT is open over the Winter and it looks like Pepperell will keep its Otter also)
- find a "Winter friendly" method to get your adrenaline fix ... skiing? snowboarding? ice climbing?

O

Been there, done that. You'll survive.

Just remember one thing, it's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground. In other words, don't jump in sketchy weather.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Im heading to Sebastian for the Invasion so hopefully Ill see you there! Im trying to plan another trip, maybe february or march but im not sure yet. Thanks for the info on CPI, Im not afraid of the cold so i may just see about getting there a few days.
Wait , I pull what first?

Im heading to Sebastian for the Invasion so hopefully Ill see you there! Im trying to plan another trip, maybe february or march but im not sure yet. Thanks for the info on CPI, Im not afraid of the cold so i may just see about getting there a few days.

Plan on St. Patrick's Day weekend to be in Fitzgerald, GA.

RoamingDZ.com puts on one kick-ass boogie in Fitz every year. Check out the web page and stay in contact with the organizer and big kahuna CSpenceFly here on DZ.com

It's a "can't miss" boogie.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You'll know its winter in Florida when there are a lot of skydivers from the northern parts of the country.

You know its winter in Fla. when you see all the Canadian tags

eh?
;)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

The off season is a good time to listen to the old timers and their stories. Learn about your equipment. Unpack your reserve. Study for your next license. Help out with DZ maintenance. Showing up when the jumping is difficult shows your real desire to be hard corps.

jon