Michele

You got it bad when...

You've swept the patio, and walk around with the broom, practicing arm position and bank turns.....to the horror of your 83 year old neighbor.....
You walk into the kitchen and see the dishes neatly stacked on the counter, and you think "hmmmm, canopy relative work...."
(add your own....this was my morning....thank god I jump tomorrow.)
ciel bleu-
Michele

Don't know if this counts, but I was out at a nearby park/reserve that used to be the Charlestown Naval Air Station. Some of the parking lots and paths used to be runways.
Anyway, I drove out to the end of one, turned around, stopped, then accelerated down as fast as I could.
Didn't reach the takeoff speed of the Maxima before reaching the end tho. >:(
Carl

The funny part was was she flipped over on her face got up wiped her face off and said OH MAAAAN!!!!

FUTURE PLF EXPERT!!!
put that kid in AFF for her 18th birthday, and she will tell you it is like she has done it all her life;)
She will have!!
Kids are awesome..can't wait to have 'em (not really, I mean, I can wait...I don't really want one NOW!!)
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

When you're outside talking to your whuffo friends and feel compelled to explain to them that those puffy clouds up there really aren't that high up and that you usually are under canopy by the time you fall to their level. That garners some strange looks, let me tell ya.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

you must not have taught her a good plf yet

DOWH!!!! I knew I forgot something!!!LOL thats too funny.
Yeah I hope shell' be a jumper but I'm not goingto push it on her......At least I tell my wife that tee-hee!!
jason
P.s but I bet you can guess what she'll be for halloween[wink}

I still say PMSing (Poor Man's Skydiving) is the ultimate downtime activity. I love doing it with unsuspecting drivers. The best is when you get some friends together and really plan on doing it... jumpsuits, helmets, goggles, and altimeter for no reason.
Basically, any passenger (we've done three-ways) rolls down the window and gets as much of themself out of the vehicle as they can, and the drivers keeps the speed up as high as possible (usually 100 - 130). I've got it where I can stand on the window sill with one leg and hold onto the oh-shit handle with one hand at 120 MPH. I usually just keep one entire leg inside... route it through the seat belt and hook a foot onto the dash or the seat in front of you.
I've almost docked with a vehicle that didn't plan on participating, but that could have gone bad. Next time I;m in SD, some of us wanted to get to cars together, go out to the desert, and do some PMSRW.
- Macaulay

Our three year old son surprised us with a perfect BASE exit off the couch and in to a pile of pillows.
Cya
Teresa and Kevin
P.S. He does not do this anymore. But him and his sister (6)turn points on the floor. It's amazing how hard you can arch when half your bones are still cartledge

I got some really strange looks at the office when I was walking down the corridor, and tried to locate the *imaginary* ;) BOC ripcord, and did a quickie emergency procedure........What can I say, I thought no one was watching.
Also my girlfriend almost tried to have me locked up after I yelled SKYDIVE!!!! with my head in front of the portable fan in our bedroom......
Rainman

Im in sales and a friend pointed out to me that Ive started calling my positions for Agents "SLOTS".
I drive around looking at flags and imagine which way I would land in that 'that car dealership lot' or 'mall parking lot'.
My kids and neighbor kids bellyflop into the pool. It's always 'ready,set,go'. They say "lets launch 3 way! Cute Stuff!!

I would just like to point out that when your kids mimic your skydiving, and the people around you start to notice you relating different aspect of your life to skydiving you must be in LOVE with this sport!
Keep up the crazy shit ... it's what separates us from everyone else.
Much Luv

Apparently, if you chuck a baby off a building it automatically goes into a stable spread....So I guess skydiving is an inborn instinct? (See? Proof that freefliers are totally unnatural! ;))
I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet though.
Have a nice weekend everyone, hope you have lots and lots of blue sky everywhere you look!
Emma

my 15 month old god son goes into a perfect arch every time someone throws him up into the air. He also has no fear at all. His mom puts him on top of their minivan and the kid just jumps off into her arms with a smile and in perfect body position. I personally think she is nuts for letting him do that, but on the other hand I know that he will be a jumper when he grows up.

See? Proof that freefliers are totally unnatural

Bwahaha! Oh wait...I hope to learn how to do that eventually...no, wait again....I already do that, although not on purpose! HAHA!
NO BLUE SKIES IN SW KANSAS!! My girl was shipped off to be fixed so we're doing 'relative work' up there this weekend. Blue skies would be pure torture! Two weekends in a row with no jumping! ARGH! I'm going to be a royal bit** next week...oh wait...I always am! Bwahaha!
Blue ones for you tho!
Pammi
Our webpage

When I run down the stairs I put my arms back in a full track. Also, I look outside at the trees and I'm thinking "is it too windy or not too windy to jump? Which direction would I land in?" I look up at the clouds and think "the uppers look really strong today. I think I would allow more separation." Recently, I was on a commercial flight in a window seat and as I looked out the window I kept thinking how cool it would be to jump from that altitude. Where would the best landing area be?
Hackey