JohnnyMarko

Do you and your significant other...

Depends..... Some holidays we just agree to get each other nothing. Works for both of us. Some times we get nice stuff.

This Christmas I got her 1000 dollar 8way tunnel camp at XP (she already did it so no spoiling the surprise).

Just ask her what she wants... My Wife is great in that we both are not high maintenance.

Getting nothing for me works great for my wife since I am very difficult to shop for... I tend to just go buy what I want.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Wifey and I get what we want, when we want it... so Xmas is all about family and the kids.... We tend to low-key the gift thingy anyways on Xmas. ...and we tend to go way overboard on their Birthdays. :)

Of your available answers, I'd go with cheap and simple....

Hit the local grocer / florist up for some "rose/flower" petals to toss on the bed, a cheap bottle of wine, a couple of scented candles...

Mani/pedi/massage for the wifey & a friend (this one is self serving, on a few different levels. :) )

Cheap flowers delivered to her at work...

I had our kids Christening gown mounted in a shadow box... this one started out simple and wound up costing a few coins though..B|

Took all the pics we've taken over the years of the kids and had prints made... dumped them all in a box. She spent several "glorious" days going thru them all and making scrap books.

After 23 years of her putting up w/me, I reckon it's safe to say 'It works for us!' :)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

The only one who gets physical gifts for Christmas anymore is my daughter.

For every/any/one else for varying occasions (Holidays, birthdays, etc.)... a donation is made to St. Jude's Hospital and the giftee receives a tribute donation e-card: http://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/shop.do?cID=10180
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Yes :P

+1

Wifey and I get what we want, when we want it... so Xmas is all about family and the kids.... We tend to low-key the gift thingy anyways on Xmas. ...and we tend to go way overboard on their Birthdays. :)

This is how I want it to be when we have kids.

Normiss and I have quite a few presents for each other under the tree, but they're not all expensive ones (at least the ones that I bought aren't! :ph34r:) I LOVE buying presents and trying to pick out the perfect thing for someone. I've been keeping notes on things he's said he wants for months. So, I don't do it out of obligation, I just do it because I like to. We cook nice meals on most nights, so giving something like that wouldn't be any big deal.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So she gives you expensive things, and you give her simple things?:ph34r:

My problem is... what do you get the woman who has everything? :D

Chuck

Well, apparently she already has a cabana boy...so...I'm at a loss.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...swap expensive gifts for the holidays Christmas ......

yes

Uh, believe it or not, everyone is not Christian.

There is, of course, the Yule Festival, Kwanzaa , Hanukah (a minor holiday on a par with Purim - whose familiarity is due to its proximity to the Yule), and whatever Scientologists, Mohammadeans and what have you do when the days get shortest.

Jesus was actually born in the Spring, according to Christian Scriptures and Roman records. Moving the "birthday" to the Winter Solstice was done for purely political reasons.

Easter had the Spring covered, and the event was closely tied to Pesach (Passover), so moving it to September would have been a tougher sell.

Expensive gifts tend to be out of the blue and when appropriate; holidays and birthdays can be handled with nice chachkas.

If the ad agencies are to be believed, the Holidays are a perfect reason to give each other new Mercedes (right).

BSBD,

Winsor

So she gives you expensive things, and you give her simple things?:ph34r:

My problem is... what do you get the woman who has everything? :D

Chuck

Well, apparently she already has a cabana boy...so...I'm at a loss.

Oh! So that's why she's always smiling and happy.

Chuck

A divorce? :P

Jeeze... I hope not. We've both been down that road before.

Apparently, you've learned not to make that same wrong turn. What's your secret? GPS?

...swap expensive gifts for the holidays Christmas ......

yes

Uh, believe it or not, everyone is not Christian.

Uh, believe it or not, you don't have to celebrate Christmas. You can elect to leave it to those who choose to...or, you could argue against it till the wise men come home.
Whatever rocks your manger.

If the ad agencies are to be believed, the Holidays are a perfect reason to give each other new Mercedes (right).

This is the problem that I have. It's not the celebration, it's how the celebration has been bastardized by the economic interests and how the public has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. Buy! Buy! BUY!!!!!
Hook: Christmas is a time for giving.
Line: Giving presents shows you care.
Sinker: If you don't buy, you're an uncaring Scrooge of a bastard.

Same with marriage. BUY a diamond! Bigger is better!
Hook: Show her your love her.
Line: Buy her a diamond.
Sinker: If you don't, you're an asshole.

We don't tend to do much for Christmas as having kids tends break the bank.

Birthdays it depends on cash flow or our needs.

In general we give each other 1 special present a year - this year my wife got the better deal (AFF & trip to the US), I got the money to get snipped and some tunnel time:D

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

This is the problem that I have. It's not the celebration, it's how the celebration has been bastardized by the economic interests and how the public has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. Buy! Buy! BUY!!!!!
Hook: Christmas is a time for giving.
Line: Giving presents shows you care.
Sinker: If you don't buy, you're an uncaring Scrooge of a bastard.

Same with marriage. BUY a diamond! Bigger is better!
Hook: Show her your love her.
Line: Buy her a diamond.
Sinker: If you don't, you're an asshole.

You know, I told my husband not to buy me an engagement ring when we started talking marriage... I told him outright I'd prefer an engagement rig instead.... All he took from that convo was "no diamonds, please" :(

You know, I told my husband not to buy me an engagement ring when we started talking marriage... I told him outright I'd prefer an engagement rig instead.... All he took from that convo was "no diamonds, please" :(

You've got a rig!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message