iluvtofly

So apparently it's because I skydive, I'm fat.

Our image of adrenaline junkies usually involves people with the kinds of bodies that look amazing in jumpsuits and wet suits.

Well I'm not going to argue with that one! I do look good if i may say so!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Our image of adrenaline junkies usually involves people with the kinds of bodies that look amazing in jumpsuits and wet suits.

Are you sure you aren't one of the exceptions? :P
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Are you sure you aren't one of the exceptions? :P

Oh no I know I am. And I'm ok with it!

But you know they are right...after jumping out of an airplane how much does running on a treadmill suck?
Now if you were all holding hands and doing points and people were swooping say the water cooler....ok sure maybe.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

It is also the cheaper way to increase wingloading. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

OH that's one way of looking at it!
Very cool!

But you know wasn't there a thread about people loosing weight when they started jumping? Due to money and what not?

Food money Vs. Jump money?

I think some people get real busy and eat less. Others get real busy and eat more junkfood in place of normal (good) meals.

I gained some pounds with the years, then lost them, and kept them off. Since I started jumping it has been easier to keep my weight down without the type of restrictions I had faced shortly before. Somehting is a little different. But I can't agree with the article based on my experience.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

After looking at the picture I'm thinking maybe it's because clouds are made of cotton candy. A full-face helmet, or keeping your mouth closed to minimise swallowing, are useful slimming techniques.

Mind you, this theory would make British skydivers fatter than American ones.

Quote:
"Our image of adrenaline junkies usually involves people with the kinds of bodies that look amazing in jumpsuits and wet suits. However, an analysis by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) of more than 50 years of data from almost 2,000 people found that excitement seekers are more likely to be overweight or even obese. That's probably because when they're not jumping out of airplanes, they can always get a small rush by sneaking out for a midday margarita or blowing off the treadmill to go to a rock concert."
I call bullshit.

Of all the "adrenaline" sports I can think of, it's rare to find any participants in them who are fat. Skydiving, dirt bike riding, surfing, white water kayaking, whatever, those are all sports in which the participants are generally in pretty good shape.

There might be other types of adrenaline junkies who get their kicks doing things other than sports, and maybe it could be more true there. But if they're actively involved in a sport, then they're probably not going to be fat, so that group should be left out of this. The example of skydiving might have made for a eye-catching introduction, but I don't think it's true at all.

But you know they are right...after jumping out of an airplane how much does running on a treadmill suck?
Now if you were all holding hands and doing points and people were swooping say the water cooler....ok sure maybe.

You mean like this . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA

Wait, is that Shah in the pink shirt? :P

My ultimate weight indicator is my jumpsuit, not the scale.

"Oh man, jumpsuit's been tight the last couple weeks, I need to lose some mass!"
:P

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I don't know if it would be adrenaline junkies or just poor impulse control. We know we have plenty of both, and lots of overlap, in our sport. :D

I always joke that if I didn't jump I'd weigh 300 pounds, because I love to eat. Luckily, I also hate going low. ;)

Hey .. you can always have V build a SUPER-V-MAX like I did:)

You're getting it wrong Noddy. They want to say that some people are skydiving because they're obese. :o

If you want to eat less skydive more. :S

Dropzone diet! =D that's how i keep my girlish figure
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I'm the same weight I was when I started jumping 37 years ago! 220#'s B|

The center of gravity has changed a bit...:|

On the other hand, after all those round jumps I think I'm SHORTER than I was when I started. :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

On the other hand, after all those round jumps I think I'm SHORTER than I was when I started. :S

my TM lost 3 inches in the past few years. opening shock will make midgets of us all!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I'm not fat. I'm storing up calories for the winter.

I'm not fat. I'm building a personal floatation device.

I'm not fat. I'm the Michelin man in disguise.

I'm not fat. I'm a marketing success for Pillsbury.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I always joke that if I didn't jump I'd weigh 300 pounds, because I love to eat. Luckily,

So, you were just joking when you told me, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today?"
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239