Shotgun

That "tanning mom" story . . .

Am I just crazy or..... I keep seeing this news story about a mom who allegedly took her kid into a tanning booth.... and in all the pictures, the mom looks like she is burnt toast, but this is never mentioned.... I can't even pay attention to whether or not she took her kid into the tanning booth, because I'm just thinking WTF????? looking at her picture. Is it just me?

It's not just you. This morning at breakfast the Today Show was on (but muted) where I was and it was like a train wreck; I just couldn't look away. Scary. :S[:/]

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That woman is definitely addicted big time. Waaaaay too fucking much exposure. I see skin cancer in her near future. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

either burnt to a crisp or painted with orange spray on tan.

The photo I saw had her darker than Robert Downey Jr in "Tropic Thunder".:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Is this the mom up on child endangerment charges for taking her daughter into tanning booth? If it is I live in the middle of the desert in Lake Havasu City AZ and every parent here should be up on child endangerment charges for having their kid outside for more than an hour. I can see a good defense lawyer arguing the point on this one.

Is this the mom up on child endangerment charges for taking her daughter into tanning booth? If it is I live in the middle of the desert in Lake Havasu City AZ and every parent here should be up on child endangerment charges for having their kid outside for more than an hour. I can see a good defense lawyer arguing the point on this one.

Had to google it, hadn't heard of it before...DAMN:o:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The old woman definitely has a tanning addiction problem from what I've seen so I'm not saying she's totally cool here but....

I actually think the little girl might have just gotten sunburned from being outside too long, which is no time at all since she's a ginger. I'm a ginger myself so I know, it only takes a little bit of intense sun to give you a bad couple of days.

I pray that this doesn't cause every other parent out there that lets their kid get a little burnt be accused of child endangerment. Severe burn, neglect, that's different but us pale skinned people can't walk away from a day in the sun without some sunburn, that's just the way it is.

The woman swears she would never put the child in the actual tanning booth so I think she might be innocent of that.

...Don't Get Elimated!!

Psychologists have been using the term "tanorexia" in reference to her. I guess it affects a person the same way eating disorders do, they look in the mirror and don't see what the reality is. She probably feels that she's really pale and sickly looking if she doesn't look that tan. [:/]

I also heard that part of the problem with the child being exposed to the UV rays in the salon is that it can affect the DNA of a child under the age of 14 and it's really bad for them. So, I don't think the comparison of having a child out in the sun for too long is the same as this type of exposure.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i saw a news clip of her this morning... where she is being "that overtanned AND PSYCHO !!! mom". :S
she's hollering at the camera. and claiming that she did nothing wrong. Etc etc .

i try Not to be mean or nasty to people... or About people..

but SHE has more than ONE Screw Loose!!!!! and i think tanning is the least of her issues...:|

i saw a news clip of her this morning... where she is being "that overtanned AND PSYCHO !!! mom". :S
she's hollering at the camera. and claiming that she did nothing wrong. Etc etc .
but SHE has more than ONE Screw Loose!!!!! and i think tanning is the least of her issues...:|

What did you expect? She's from New Joisey! (Just kidding friends. I know some great folk from New Jersey)

Well...I'm 44. I finally saw here on the television this morning and thought she looked really old. Poor thing must have issues to think that looks good. I really thought spray paint must be involved.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I saw a video where they were trying to interview her as she was getting into a van. She sounded like she was drunk. If not, then she is a real dingbat.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I heard someone describe her as looking like Wile E. Coyote after something blew up in his face.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Hi Jason,

The woman swears she would never put the child in the actual tanning booth so I think she might be innocent of that.

Some of the news reports that I saw ( and take them for what you think they are worth :S ) said that the tanning booth personnel saw her taking the child in with her.

So how do we spell loony-toon?

JerryBaumchen

I haven't read anything about this. Just know the very basics. Did people see her take the child into the tanning device? The child just being in the room where mom undresses and waiting while mom was in the device is very different from taking the child into the device.

Taking the child into the room is a bit odd, but not outrageous. I would just be concerned about the child staring at the bulbs if it was a bed. If it was one of the enclosed booths...much ado about nothing to me.