peek

My 31st anniversary... of skydiving

You know that feeling you get on certain days? You know that you should be remembering something.

Today is the day! 31 years ago my friend suggested that we make a parachute jump, and being wild and crazy 20 something year old guys, we did it. Round parachutes and all. I may not get 31 more years, but I'm going to go until they make me stop. It has been very rewarding. Should I admit to the concept of "lifestyle"? :)

I have had this on a web page for quite a while, but (for your amusement) I guess today would be a good day to introduce it to those of you who have never seen it. Man, I'm glad we have ram-air parachutes now.

6/13/81, Sparta, IL, Archway Skydiving Centre: http://www.skydivestlouisarea.com/peekfjc.htm

The parent page: http://www.skydivestlouisarea.com/peeksa.htm

Man, I'm glad we have ram-air parachutes now.

6/13/81, Sparta, IL, Archway Skydiving Centre: http://www.skydivestlouisarea.com/peekfjc.htm

Congrats, impressive.

I also started with rounds... but in 2001. After jump #5 (almost hit the runway after my instructor erm, didn't do his best job when spotting...) I decided to change the club; the helpless feeling dangling under that sluggish round is nothing you want to have... I can understand you ;)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Way to go n00b! ;)

I remember that plane well...if you would have started a few months earlier I probably would have been your instructor! :ph34r:

Congrats Gary, and thanks for all you've given to the sport in those 31 short years! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hell of an accomplishment!

Our DZO just had his 50th anniversary last weekend...

Don't know how you old fuckers do it. :P

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Laugh. We have a picture of my DZO on the wall of his first jump back in 1976. The 3 of them in the picture are all also covering their reserve handle!!! Laugh. His buddy who convinced him to do his first jump to impress a girl came back to the dz a couple years ago and did a tandem :).

I am sure that I am not the only one who is very happy that you took up skydiving 31 years ago. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have ever had a reason to meet you, and my life would be less for it!

well THERE you GO !!!! what a thoughtful and sweet comment....

That is what the sport is all about. Congrats Mr. Peek !!!!!

Congrats Gary. You're old

He's a puppy. This month marks my 37th anniversary, and I'm not old.
So there.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congrats Gary. You're old. On July 8th I'll hit 17 years and thus become legal in some states.

Blues,
Dave

I'll be legal just about anywhere this month I guess.... 19 years this coming Saturday! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban