nigel99

6 degrees and the small skydiving world.

Not quite sure how to make this entertaining, but I'll give it a shot. Let's see how we can link people through friends of friends.

Only two rules I can think of, the people involved must have met in person (online doesn't count) secondly you aren't allowed to be from the same dz.

Example: john Mitchell knows squeak, who I know.

Who can link me to twardo?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I think that skydiving would already reduce the number of degrees of separation to 4

Completely agree - if not less. I thought after I posted it would be cool to see the link to GW Bush Senior:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I think that skydiving would already reduce the number of degrees of separation to 4

I think anyone that has done any sort of travel would be able to link it down to 2-3 easily.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think anyone that has done any sort of travel would be able to link it down to 2-3 easily.

Ok so the challenge is to link to GW Bush senior.

Not much of a challenge.

I used to work at Skydive Jacksonville - our S&TA was Glenn Bangs, who was on GHW Bush's first AFF jump.

Alternatively, we've jumped with (and partied with) Norman Kent, who's done the same with BJ Worth ...

...and we're far from alone on both those chains, even here on dropzone.com. That's only one of the cool things about this sport.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Norm Kent knows Simon Ward who I know.

Who can link me to twardo? I think they have all passed on by now.;)

If you know Colin Thompson (you're in Spain right?) - then I know Colin, So it would be

You -> Colin -> Me -> Squeak -> Gonzo -> Twardo:)

If you know Colin Thompson (you're in Spain right?) - then I know Colin, So it would be

I have met Norman Kent and Joe Jennings, and Greg Gasson. between the 3 of them they have filmed EVERYONE who has ever skydived, so I am 2 degrees away from everyone:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know the guy who was his AFF instructor, and the GK who took him on his tandem jump.

And if you know BJ you are linked to James Bond.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think you could probably take squeak and gonzo out... I'm pretty sure he and Pops have met
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

[reply
I am 2 degrees away from everyone:D

I wonder who is the skydiver with the most people at two degrees?

In the USA, I thought of Dave DeWolf. How many people personally know riggers who have taken his class?

Who else would be a candidate?

Norman Kent, BJ Worth, a shit load of others.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I met Bush Sr. in Houston a couple of years ago...He was watching the Houston marathon across the street from where I was waiting for my honey to run by.

I walked across the street and introduced myself, gave him a Liberty Parachute Team pin and thanked him for giving the sport all the positive exposure. B|

I also knew Bill Ottley, who went to school with Mrs. Bush...and was a frequent quest at the Bush White House. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have never seen it greater than 2. I can always find someone in common when I am selling a small canopy and need a reference.

It's especially easy with the growing ubiquity of Facebook. Just look up the person, look for mutual friends, and boom ... there's your connection.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Completely agree - if not less. I thought after I posted it would be cool to see the link to GW Bush Senior:)

Do you know Alex aka Roo who was at Spaceland for a while?

If so then he knows me and I met Bush Sr. on a number of occasions and was there for his jumps into his library. Then gave the TI a rash of shit for planting the old man on landing. My wife packed all the Golden Knight's rigs that week.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know someone whose school was named Woodrow Wilson High School. Twardo knew Woodrow Wilson.

Twardo knew Moses.:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know someone whose school was named Woodrow Wilson High School. Twardo knew Woodrow Wilson.

Twardo wove the basket made of reeds for infant Moses.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Twardo wove the basket made of reeds for infant Moses.

... for recreation time at the senior center.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I've been inactive in the sport for a few years but I'd just about bet that I'm separated by no more than 3 from most of you (including newbies) and if you count folks I've personally met and jumped with, but who wouldn't know me if they bumped into me at Walmart, you could reduce that to 2. For example, I've jumped and spoke with Lew Sanborn but I doubt that he could pick me out of a crowd of two. But if you know Lew then we are separated by 2.