oldwomanc6

What Are Your Plans For New Year's Eve?

My girl bought me a jar of moonshine from TN for the holiday. I know what I'm drinking.

What I'm doing, probably be crushing up a bag of sunchips and counting the crumbs while watching CSPAN reruns.

My name, Mr. Excitement.

We are having my family over and I'm going to make gumbo and watch the LSU-Clemson game with them. I went to LSU, my brother went to Clemson. It'll be interesting to see who mom roots for!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We are having my family over and I'm going to make gumbo and watch the LSU-Clemson game with them. I went to LSU, my brother went to Clemson. It'll be interesting to see who mom roots for!

Tell Mom to root for the Gators. Problem solved.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Wiring up a GPS receiver and a WWVB receiver to a processor so I can have a super accurate clock. So I will know _exactly_ when New Year's Eve is when most people are only guessing! Buahahah!

That is too much bother;
I just listen for the fireworks.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have to watch the radar scope until 11, but I should be home and over to the neighbor's party by 11:30. I'll be drinking champagne (okay, California sparkling wine) and smooching Vskydiver @ midnight. :)
This will be the first time we haven't hosted a party in 6-7 years, I wonder if anyone will show up at our house assuming we're having one as always?:D

Wiring up a GPS receiver and a WWVB receiver to a processor so I can have a super accurate clock. So I will know _exactly_ when New Year's Eve is when most people are only guessing! Buahahah!

:D

Something tells me you're not joking, lol...

good stuff, good stuff....

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'm sure yours are more exciting than mine. I plan on staying away from the crazies after midnight. :$:)

Let us know! :)

Me? No plans. I'll probably curl up with a good book and go to sleep with earplugs so any midnight festivities won't wake me up.:)
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Jumping the 31th, Partying at the prop, Sleeping it over at a local hotel, and jumping on the 1st!

The usual I guess! ;)

Friend of mine in Florida made her 1999th jump on Dec 31, 1999 and her 2000th jump on Jan 1, 2000. How cool was that? B|

As for me, just keeping my sick ass at home as usual. Haven't gone out on NYE since maybe '93
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In what time zone? Keep in mind that GPS time runs 19 seconds faster than international atomic time. And don't forget to subtract leap seconds from the time if you're trying to convert to UTC!

If I'm not mistaken, everyone just does it in their timezone, which is GMT plus-or-minus something. Except the Chinese. Theirs is GMT plus-or-minus February. And Jewish people, who are GMT plus around 3000 years and minus a couple of months, give or take. Anywhoo if you're just doing in your timezone, make a 19 second fuse on your fireworks and have your computer ignite it when the computer says midnight and you should just about nail it! Unless you're Jewish, in which case you'll need a 3000 year fuse. Wait, that's not right...

Also technically that's still just an average, due to time running differently depending on your speed and gravity. So if you're in a skyrise in New York, time doesn't run at the same rate as if you're in a shack on the equator. It's a pretty good average though, enough that I don't have to account for relatively and can still point an antenna at a satellite and be accurate to a few meters.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

In what time zone? Keep in mind that GPS time runs 19 seconds faster than international atomic time. And don't forget to subtract leap seconds from the time if you're trying to convert to UTC!

If I'm not mistaken, everyone just does it in their timezone, which is GMT plus-or-minus something. Except the Chinese. Theirs is GMT plus-or-minus February. And Jewish people, who are GMT plus around 3000 years and minus a couple of months, give or take. Anywhoo if you're just doing in your timezone, make a 19 second fuse on your fireworks and have your computer ignite it when the computer says midnight and you should just about nail it! Unless you're Jewish, in which case you'll need a 3000 year fuse. Wait, that's not right...

Also technically that's still just an average, due to time running differently depending on your speed and gravity. So if you're in a skyrise in New York, time doesn't run at the same rate as if you're in a shack on the equator. It's a pretty good average though, enough that I don't have to account for relatively and can still point an antenna at a satellite and be accurate to a few meters.

:S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CPC0cCagOE
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>In what time zone?

PST.

>Keep in mind that GPS time runs 19 seconds faster than international atomic time.

And there's the rub. The 'official' US time I am getting from the java applet at www.time.gov actually matches the GPS time as reported in the GPRMC message. My theory is that the UTC time in the GPRMC sentence on this GPS is pre-corrected - but to verify I will use a WWVB receiver, once I can get the damn modulation decoded . . .

Whoa!:o
I never knew there was a long version of that song!
I also didn't know there was a white dude in the group.B|

Whoa!:o
I never knew there was a long version of that song!
I also didn't know there was a white dude in the group.B|

Wasssup, Bro!

Ummmm...I'm not a "bro". I'm just with the band.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239