grue

Jane, you ignorant slut…

We had the opportunity to work in the SNL studios one day for a conference. We installed our display on the little platform that they use for the monologues, and it was so cool to stand there and think about the history that is there. The new celebs that go through there are cool enough, but thinking about the old days, and how much history was there was pretty awesome.

One of the guys that helped us there had worked there since the very beginning, the very first show. I would just look at him and think about the history and experiences that he had...we remember these things, but he was there when Dan turned and said, "Jane, you ignorant slut."

Anyway, long story longer, it was a very cool experience. Nothing will ever compare to those old days of SNL.

-S

Anyone else miss the old SNL

Yep.

I get some weird looks from some of the folks that come into my office.
I have a bendable Mr. Bill on my desk.... they are like wtf?
Ahhhhh.youth! Ohhhh Noooooooooooooo!! LOL

This thread comes from me almost getting slapped at a friend's house the other night. We somehow got on the subject of the war on drugs, and she said something, so I go "Erin, you ignorant slut…" and was about to start my counterpoint when she went :o and I had to stop to explain the etymology of it.
cavete terrae.

My boyfriend and I have bought each of the first three seasons as they've been released. It's amazing how fast you can get through an entire season of SNL. I can't wait for the next installment. (Christmas?)

One of my favorites is Buck Henry finishing a show with a Band-Aid because Belushi actually hit him with the sword during a Samurai sketch.

Milk man, candy gram, land shark...
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

I miss it -- half of the stuff they did couldn't be shown on TV today because of the rampant PC... The sketch that comes to mind has Chevy Chase doing a word association with Richard Pryor as part of a supposed job interview.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Erin, you ignorant slut…"

Well if she is under 40 then I suppose I could understand the reaction. Still the thought of "Jane..." cracks me up!:D
Under 40 and in Australia where SNL did not screen until very recently on cable.:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I miss it -- half of the stuff they did couldn't be shown on TV today because of the rampant PC... The sketch that comes to mind has Chevy Chase doing a word association with Richard Pryor as part of a supposed job interview.

>:("Deeeaaaad honkie!"

:D
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

TheBachelor

I'm reviving my own long dead thread, because I just rewatched that video and was dyin' :D:D:D:D
cavete terrae.

I recall being part of a conversation involving two other men, quite a bit younger than I that went like this:

"Man, I miss the old skits on SNL!"

I'm thinking this guy is too young to remember the old ones, so I ask "you mean with John Belushi and Dan Akroyd?"

"No, I mean with Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman."

Just goes to show what a long-standing tradition that show is.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

TheBachelor

That . . . was . . . hilarious. :D:D

grue

***I miss it -- half of the stuff they did couldn't be shown on TV today because of the rampant PC... The sketch that comes to mind has Chevy Chase doing a word association with Richard Pryor as part of a supposed job interview.

I'm reviving my own long dead thread, because I just rewatched that video and was dyin' :D:D:D:D

You got that right, it's hysterical! No captions but I could understand some of them, especially the dead honkey association. And especially Richard's face twitching afterwards! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban