grue

How to double the cost of a skydive *PIC*

one of our TMs landed minus one sneaker... a few years ago.....[:/]
we all laughed, but shared his dismay.. It was mid afternoon.
about 6pm I was heading out, and within a quarter mile of the entrance to the DZ,,,,, on the shoulder of the road,,,THERE it Was. !! No worse for the wear, so I picked it up and turned around to return ....
The TM was happy, the fun jumpers got a kick out of "the recovery", and I then stuck around and got on the sunset Load !!!!!
win WIN,,, for everybody !!!:DB|

I feel your pain, I lost one of my favorite shoes on an exit. It was matchy-matchy with my jumpsuit and I've never found another navy/magenta/white pair. I loved those shoes. :(

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I once had a premature deployment which included a scary momentary horseshoe mal with the bridle wrapped around my shoe, then the show slipped off and I had a normal deployment.:o I saw the shoe go by a moment after opening. The shoes were just two weeks old.>:(

After landing, I wasted some time trying to find the shoe, then went limping back to the landing area...and met the cute little AFF student babe also limping back with just one shoe.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I used to wear Vans for jumping. Then I lost one on a freefly jump. The video of my buddy trying to catch it is pretty funny.

No big, bought another pair. Lost one of those under canopy taking my booties off, of all things.

Now I go to the kids section of Payless and get el cheapo ones. (I'm five feet tall, kids shoes fit me great and they're cheaper! Plus, you can get them with sparkles on them :)

Navy and magenta?? Hhhhmmm I like those colors !! I've been thinking on what colors I might want. Hope you don't mind if I might steal those if I don't go purple.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

normiss

I kept losing Gatorz!!!

3 pairs in freefall and one pair stolen from me at a boogie.
hmpf.

I REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY miss jumping with sunglasses.

(I hate having to wear the strap to keep them on ... i know, I know....I KNOW!!!)
:D:D:D

Roofing nails! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Our DZO made a tandem jump with a student and on opening, lost his wrist-mount altimeter. After getting back to the DZ, he asked me if I would pack the tandem for him, for a later jump. While packing the tandem main, I found his altimeter in one of the cells. Talk about lucky!

Chuck

FlyingRhenquest

You're missing the fact that it costs us about the price of 1 shoe to skydive.

I'm guessing I'm not going to lose one of my ninja boots. The hook closed and then velcro my jumpsuit legs over the the hooks. Those things aren't going anywhere. Yeah! Score another one for ninja boots!

You don't wear those in public do you?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

masterrig

Our DZO made a tandem jump with a student and on opening, lost his wrist-mount altimeter. After getting back to the DZ, he asked me if I would pack the tandem for him, for a later jump. While packing the tandem main, I found his altimeter in one of the cells. Talk about lucky!

Chuck

I knew a guy who lost his beloved HALO helmet on a dive. As he was packing his Paracommander, he found a hard lump in it. The helmet in the inverted apex.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Our DZO made a tandem jump with a student and on opening, lost his wrist-mount altimeter. After getting back to the DZ, he asked me if I would pack the tandem for him, for a later jump. While packing the tandem main, I found his altimeter in one of the cells. Talk about lucky!

Chuck

I knew a guy who lost his beloved HALO helmet on a dive. As he was packing his Paracommander, he found a hard lump in it. The helmet in the inverted apex.:D

Un-believable! There's some strange stuff that happens in this sport. One of our guys lost his Barigo altimeter in free-fall. One of our students found it about 6-months later in a cotton field. The owner dusted it off and asked our pilot to take it up on the next load and see what happens. The dang thing worked!

Chuck

masterrig

One of our guys lost his Barigo altimeter in free-fall. One of our students found it about 6-months later in a cotton field. The owner dusted it off and asked our pilot to take it up on the next load and see what happens. The dang thing worked!

Chuck

Same thing happened when I was jumping in IN. On one of the first jumps of the season, a low-timer landed near the end of a runway and found an Altimaster. He loaned it to me to wear on the next load, so I could compare readings with mine. It worked fine. Lucky for him, since he had not yet purchased one.

ryoder

***One of our guys lost his Barigo altimeter in free-fall. One of our students found it about 6-months later in a cotton field. The owner dusted it off and asked our pilot to take it up on the next load and see what happens. The dang thing worked!

Chuck

Same thing happened when I was jumping in IN. On one of the first jumps of the season, a low-timer landed near the end of a runway and found an Altimaster. He loaned it to me to wear on the next load, so I could compare readings with mine. It worked fine. Lucky for him, since he had not yet purchased one.

Good testimonial for these altimeters. :D I found the biggest problem with folks losing wrist-mount altimeters was not cleaning lint and etc. from the hook Velcro or not changing Velcro when it gets worn out.

Chuck

Chuck

We lost a lot of shoes doing down planes in the eighties and early ninties. Most recently on my Dad's ash jump a freind had a rough dock on my brother and I who had a 2 way base with Dad's ashes between us. He rolled the velcro on the side of my full face helmet loose which let the chin loosen and my helmet started to come off while I am trying to release Dad's ashes. Lost the helmet, and dirt alert that was in it but kept a hold of Dad. The release looked great from the ground and Dad was where he was most comfortable, in the sky. Later that night at the memorial party my friends presented me with a wad of cash that they had collected by passing a hat. I have great friends! Now I need to order a new helmet, but have no idea what to get since my full face was at least 15 years old and I haven't been paying attention to helmet technology.

masterrig

Good testimonial for these altimeters. :D I found the biggest problem with folks losing wrist-mount altimeters was not cleaning lint and etc. from the hook Velcro or not changing Velcro when it gets worn out.

Chuck

I lost one; I was jumping at Roger's old DZ in IL, when I watched my chest-strap pillow-mount pop it's velco during opening.>:( It was a really shitty spot at the opposite end of the runway from the landing area, and I was over a huge woods. Hell with that, so I just flew back the length of the runway, and minimized the walk.

ryoder

Chuck

I lost one; I was jumping at Roger's old DZ in IL, when I watched my chest-strap pillow-mount pop it's velco during opening.>:( It was a really shitty spot at the opposite end of the runway from the landing area, and I was over a huge woods. Hell with that, so I just flew back the length of the runway, and minimized the walk.

That was YOURS?

Thanks! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~