JohnnyMarko

Role reversal: Dudes replace sexy pinup girl on motorcycle

Personally, I think these don't really do a good job at highlighting how we objectify women... Because of course a dude in women's clothes will look ridiculous.

I say we should have the men in sexy (men's) underwear, all muscle-y and whatnot... Looking hot and *manly*... You know... To play fair... :D:D:P

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I say we should have the men in sexy (men's) underwear, all muscle-y and whatnot... Looking hot and *manly*... You know... To play fair...

Like this? >:(:ph34r:

I was in jury duty this week (guilty), and one of the magazines they had laying around for the time in the jury room when we weren't deliberating had this ad in it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I say we should have the men in sexy (men's) underwear, all muscle-y and whatnot... Looking hot and *manly*... You know... To play fair...

I was in jury duty this week (guilty), and one of the magazines they had laying around for the time in the jury room when we weren't deliberating had this ad in it.

Wendy P.

I can't figure out why I'm offended by that ad. I don't know if it's because it's so blatantly sexual, are they trying to insult the intelligence of women by insinuating a man is really going to do that or because I think a child could happen upon the ad and then it all just perpetuates the sex sells mindset. I swear to God I'm getting prudish lately. I don't know why. Weird. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Wendy P.

I can't figure out why I'm offended by that ad.

It's because you're not used to it. Using semi naked dudes in adverts for things that have nothing to do with semi naked dudes (pretty much anything except underwear and bodyspray) is odd and unusual - so when you see it you think "Huh. Why did they do that?" Using semi naked chicks in adverts for things that have nothing to do with semi naked chicks happens all the time, so when you see it you think nothing at all (except maybe "Boobs!B|". )
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wmw999

Wendy P.

*Exactly* like that!! :D:D:P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Boogers

*** I swear to God I'm getting prudish lately. I don't know why. Weird. :|

It happens when you start getting older...

Well it's polar opposite from when I turned 40 until now. 40 was carefree, it's just skin, yadda yadda yadda. Now I'm like "put some clothes on!!". :o
Always be kinder than you feel.

JohnnyMarko

Huh - What do you know - I had to vote left on every one of those pics.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Huh - What do you know - I had to vote left on every one of those pics.

We always knew you were secretly a leftist.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.