LuckyMcSwervy

DiedInHouse.com - Would You Want To Know?

I ran across this article a few days ago that talks about a website called DiedInHouse.com that'll tell you if someone died at a particular address. It's a pay-for-search website but gives you some well known celebrity addresses as examples of what information is returned.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/24307725/died-in-house-website-confirms-if-someone-died-in-your-home

Would you want to know if the house you're interested in buying or already live in, or a neighbor's creepy house had deaths happen at that location? Especially if it's something that may be unnerving such as a homicide or suicide?

Years ago, my Dad was interested in buying a house on the Great Egg Harbor River, a scene for a husband/wife murder/suicide. It's a marina but he only wanted to buy the house (here's the article about the crime: http://articles.philly.com/1996-12-11/news/25642323_1_marina-owner-prosecutors-marina-office ). I think the only reason he didn't pursue the house transaction was because I told him there was no way I'd ever be comfortable spending the night. Too creepy for me, especially since the bodies weren't discovered for a couple of days. It didn't matter to him as he thought he'd get a good deal on the property.

Would you want to know? Would it matter?
Always be kinder than you feel.

When I bought my house, the previous ownsers had to inform me whether someone had died there within the past 3 years. Although it might be interesting to know beyond that, its not a big enough deal for me that I'd be willing to pay for the service.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Yes!! I don't believe in ghosts but I would want to know if someone died in the house. I also probably would want to know how they died. Like u said I don't believe in ghosts but zombies just scare the crap out of me.

Dang!!!! You bring this up now!! I have this lease for a few more months. Crap! Do I ask or don't I? What if someone was murdered in some bizarre way in my apartment?? What if there's a dead body zombie wannabe hidden in the floor ?

Ok time to rearrange furniture, switch bedrooms, and paint!
That should take care of any murdered someone died here zombie wannabe cooties that might or might not have been left behind.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I guess now is a good time to promote my new website:

http://www.fartedinhouse.com

You put in your address, and it tells you if anyone has ever farted in your home. The answer is always yes. Even when it's a brand new home, because the workers farted there before you ever moved in. Best of all, the service is FREE, and paid for by the two dozen pop-up ads that pollute your digital ecosystem.

For an extra $0.99, it will also tell you what type of fart.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

As long as the body has been removed, and the house doesn't smell, I don't care.

When I was house searching I used Google Street View to get an idea what the neighborhood looked like (I was shopping for low cost foreclosures on Zillow)

One of the first houses I looked at had a coroner van and a Stanley steamer truck parked in the front. I took a pass on that one.
Owned by Remi #?

Couldn't care less. What do you think is going to happen? The tooth fairy of Christmas past is going to jump out on you and say boo?

The previous owner of the girlfriends folks place hung himself in the garage. They've a cracking inspection pit for when I want to get under my car and if I ever do an engine conversion the 2-ton chain hoist will do the trick beautifully.

promise5

I don't believe in ghosts but zombies just scare the crap out of me.

:|

:|:|what?????
:D:D:D

Ohhh Now you made me think of Zombie Clowns.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi Lucky,

Would you want to know

I bought my current house in 1995. Not to long after I moved in I noticed a hole in the sheetrock on the ceiling of the garage. Looking down, I saw blood spots.

I have yet to enquire as to what might have transpired here.

:o

JerryBaumchen

PS) I am thinking a previous owner might have been a hunter and hung up his deer to dress it out.

turtlespeed

I don't understand how people could be afraid of clowns. :P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I don't understand how people could be afraid of clowns. :P

It's not fear, it's the creepiness factor.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9