format

If you knew you'd break on landing, what's your country of choice?

As near as possible to home and my support structure (friends, family, my own bed).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm not sure I understand your question but do you mean that I have to choose a country where I'd break myself on landing a canopy without having a medical insurance? If so, most EU-countries will do fine.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

piisfish

***No insurance.

what kind of country lets you without insurance ?:S

This one I live in. :S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

format

******No insurance.

what kind of country lets you without insurance ?:S
I don't know.
I just wonder if it's safer to femur in Canada, England or Bermuda without insurance

There's so many variables here. Where are you in relation to the closest trauma center (assuming something as serious as femur or more serious - you're not going to the local community hospital, you're going to a trauma center)? How close is the closest air ambulance? Do you speak the local language or have someone with you who speaks the local language? There are a lot of places in the world where you can receive a very high level of care, and there are others where I wouldn't go without some great travel/evacuation insurance so I could get somewhere else to get my care.

(Bottom line on all that is that I, personally, won't skydive without insurance. In the U.S. I'm fully covered by my medical insurance; abroad, I'll purchase travel insurance that'll either cover care locally or get me to another country that can provide the level of care I need. If I get broken, I want the only thing I need to worry about to be healing, not how to pay for it or how to pay for getting to a higher level of care).

By "decent" I mean not having a crooked leg left and not screaming all the time

@ NWFlier

If I get broken, I want the only thing I need to worry about to be healing, not how to pay for it or how to pay for getting to a higher level of care)

Well, that was the essence of my question:P

Somewhere with exceptionally high quality of care that I could leave without paying and not care if I can never go back.

Only an ass jumps without insurance, so if I were doing it I would probably be the sort of ass who expects dz.commers or the hospital to foot my bill
cavete terrae.

Here I was thinking it was a question for the air force air crews.

Those fuckers always seem to break down in the best places... just sucks when you're the cargo and you are unable to enjoy the local environment.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That island where Wonder Woman is from...where all the inhabitants are ultra-hot women.

I wasn't sure when I opened this thread if you meant landing a canopy or an airplane. I was returning to the States from a Mid-East country on an Air Force plane once. Before landing to re-fuel in Spain, I was told the brakes were faulty, repair parts were unavailable in Spain, so we would have an indefinite layover. I questioned how we discovered the brakes were faulty BEFORE landing and how we knew which parts were faulty BEFORE an inspection. I was informed Spain had no repair facilities, but great restaurants and bars, so the planes ALWAYS broke down there. Ditto for Italy, France, etc. If we had been re-fueling in a shit-hole, the pilot would have continued the flight without engines or the left wing.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I wasn't sure when I opened this thread if you meant landing a canopy or an airplane. I was returning to the States from a Mid-East country on an Air Force plane once. Before landing to re-fuel in Spain, I was told the brakes were faulty, repair parts were unavailable in Spain, so we would have an indefinite layover. I questioned how we discovered the brakes were faulty BEFORE landing and how we knew which parts were faulty BEFORE an inspection. I was informed Spain had no repair facilities, but great restaurants and bars, so the planes ALWAYS broke down there. Ditto for Italy, France, etc. If we had been re-fueling in a shit-hole, the pilot would have continued the flight without engines or the left wing.

Exactly... Spain or Germany? The cargo area intercom speaker is inop, we're stuck...

Hostile country? Get in, sit down and hold on...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

format

***If you had to get in a car accident during a civil war, which country would you want to have it in?

I get it you didn't get it.
Check out this guy, I can't imagine his insurance policy would really help there :o

That's what the medical evacuation insurance is for; place where you don't trust the quality/sophistication of the locals.

format

***If you had to get in a car accident during a civil war, which country would you want to have it in?

Check out this guy, I can't imagine his insurance policy would really help there :o

As Krisanne points out, there's insurance available for just about everything. I know what you're getting at, but I don't really like overly-constrained hypothetical questions because they're too leading. But this is Bonfire, not Speakers Corner, so whatever. I apologize for being a smart ass.

format

Clearly he didn't need it. :)
See how easy it is to do Demos and not break yourself?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto